Van Gorder Photo

• Photos & Videos 34
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1

About Van Gorder Photo

A Nerd's Photography Enterprise! Preserving the great moments in my customer's lives and having a darn good time doing it. Let's find that one moment that tells the biggest story. I've been a professional photographer since 2009, specializing in weddings and slowly accumulating biases about what makes a wedding cake great.

I don't do package pricing! Everybody gets a tailored quote because everyone's needs are different. My first interest is to lock down a rad couple who will be fun to work with because the photos come out better that way. My average price these days hovers around $1750 for 6-7 hours, but I've done weddings from $650 to $4200. Whatever your budget is, we can make it work.

My work philosophy is that a wedding photographer is a professional friend who is there to help you enjoy the most important day of your life. If that sounds cool to you, drop me a line. I'm way more charming in conversation.

I'm based out of Glendale and work mostly in LA and Orange Counties but I've gone to Riverside, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Ventura Counties, too.

Follow Van Gorder Photo on
A&M, being rad and astronomical.
S&N, being fancy and wistful. This was their second outfit of the day. Eventually they would have...
J&C defying gravity.
J&C defying gravity.
J&R, showing off the guns.
J&R, showing off the guns.
J&B, who are singular.
Samsung makes a decent cameraphone.
Samsung makes a decent cameraphone.
Details set the scene!
Details set the scene!
Stoppin' traffic.
Stoppin' traffic.
E&J, likely my favorite couple to shoot thus far.
E&J, likely my favorite couple to shoot thus far.
N looking sharp. A crowd therein agrees.
N looking sharp. A crowd therein agrees.
B getting her swank on.
B getting her swank on.
Bowties and booze. Eternally.
Bowties and booze. Eternally.
A moment of thankful prayer during a vow renewal on the beach. They had a decade together and were...
Nine women should judge you every time you do anything. Nine women are smarter than you are.
M with the classic look.
M with the classic look.
These are my people. Hubby had a full-on cosplay tunic. I fit right in.
These are my people. Hubby had a full-on cosplay tunic. I fit right in.
Classic.
Classic.
E&J get a second appearance here for that floating cherub they'd arranged.
E&J get a second appearance here for that floating cherub they'd arranged.
Geometry makes for some awesome shots, but the palpable delight in T&B's faces is what it's all...
Bowties.
Bowties.
A & her ma and lining things up just right.
A & her ma and lining things up just right.
S&B, out classic-ing your classic look.
S&B, out classic-ing your classic look.
A&J and the first dance.

Van Gorder Photo 6
Van Gorder Photo 7
  • Jessica

Jessica Cotaya Ramirez · Married on 12/01/2018

We’ll get married again so you photograph us again

Planning a wedding ( renewals) is stressful enough, then to have the photographer you book cancel on you is even more like the end of the world to a bride. I luckily have a great network of friends and was introduced to VanGorder photography. I trusted the referral, I reached out , he was available and that was one less thing to stress over. We had agreed he would photograph our wedding from 1pm to 7pm, I thought it was a lot actually but now I'm giving you brides book the photographer for the entire wedding. I figured since we would have a photo booth from 7pm to 10pm, we wouldn't need a professional anymore, I was dead wrong and we request for him to stay longer. Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with , he had such a down to earth personality and was so patient with us when directing us to attempt the perfect shot. Now when I look back at the album , I cry. He captured the moments that where closest to my heart. I wanted to pack him our suitcase so he could have captured our Honeymoon as well. He works really well with offbeat brides, which I'm not but he didn't make me feel I needed to be one to feel beautiful

Van Gorder Photo 18
    Van Gorder Photo 27
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/13/2018

Mike is incredible!!!

I couldn't be happy that we picked Mike to shot our wedding. The pictures are breathtaking and he was wonderful to works with and frankly also just fun to be around. He managed to really capture us and our quirky personalities perfectly, and we couldn't be happier. In addition to being a joy to work with and being exceptionally talented he willing to work with us on price, which considering our rather tiny budget was a godsend. I would DEFINITELY recommend him. I think choosing him to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made!

Van Gorder Photo 28
    Van Gorder Photo 41

Award

Van Gorder Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 650.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Trash The Dress, Albums, Digital Files, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Video, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Van Gorder Photo 1
    Free Engagement Shoot for Wedding Wire Couples!

Hey folks! Special offer for the wedding wire alumni - book through this fancy gizmo and I'll include your engagement shoot for free! That's a nifty $250 value. We get to do some team building, you get some great shots to use for your wedding invitations and I get to go into The Big Day knowing which is your good side. These things are very helpful.

Plus, most of the weddings I shoot use an engagement pic at their wedding ceremony to show guests where the wedding is.

• Glendale, 91204 See on map