3118 37th Street, Astoria, NY 11103 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Trinity Lutheran Church - ELCA

We are a vibrant diverse community made up of life-long Lutherans and those who are new to the Christian faith. One will encounter wise seniors and little children in our midst. We are single, partnered, married, widowed, straight, LGBTQ. We are native Astorians and people from around the world. Our worship, theology and life together celebrate the abundance of God's love, found in the life, teachings, death and resurrection of Jesus!

Here you can laugh, cry, sing, eat, pray, serve the greater community, and engage in intimate conversations with us about life and faith.

In all that we are, we try to live our mission promise:

To Seek and Share God's Grace Through Welcome, Worship & Work

trinity 2
90092b671b57daa6 2015 april open door at Trinity
tulip tree glory
Trinity Lutheran Church - ELCA
trinity garden roses and daisies with door
star at trinity 2
view from stage 3
beautiful space to rent 2
beautiful space to rent
Trinity Lutheran Church - ELCA
reading of the passion according to matthew
easter sunday
Trinity Lutheran Church - ELCA
all saints sunday after worship
trinity 2

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Despite the hiccups, I'd still recommend.

Trinity Lutheran is a beautiful backdrop for any wedding ceremony. The architecture and history of the building are astounding, and the garden is amazing (their groundskeeper works hard!). There are stair lifts for those guests who are unable to make it up to the sanctuary or down to the undercroft if you are holding your reception there. Pastor Paul is also a truly wonderful and welcoming person.

My only complaint is that communication between those in charge needs an improvement. We were told when we signed our contract that we could have time the night of rehearsal and the night of the wedding to set up and breakdown for the reception. In fact Pastor Paul said he didn't even mind if we slept there. The contract also stated that all cleaning was to be done by their Sexton, the only cleaning we were responsible for was putting trash in plastic bags. So you can imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail after my wedding informing me they were keeping my deposit because we stayed until 2am the night of to help the Sexton clean. We took all the trash out because we thought it was unfair that he had to do it himself. Apparently, the place where he told us to put the trash wasn't acceptable because people complained. We also offered to mop but were told not to, but then there were complaints that the floor was sticky.

Also, when we were setting up during the rehearsal, we were told (not very nicely I might add) by a member of the church that we were only allowed to use one fridge and everything else was off limits. We were also told that there would be a meeting in the reception space the day of the wedding and we had to accommodate them, although Pastor Paul had assured us that any meetings would be moved. He was on vacation at the time of my wedding so unfortunately I wasn't able to talk to him.

I really enjoyed holding my wedding here and don't want to discourage anyone from choosing Trinity. I just feel as though the staff and congregation need to be more communicative with each other and with the renter to assure everyone's responsibilities are clear. Because the complaints we received were in direct contradiction to the contract I signed and the conversations I had with the Pastor. I also felt like some members of the congregation automatically assumed we were disrespecting the church without really knowing what we were and were not allowed to do. It was very disheartening.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Trinity Lutheran Church - ELCA Pricing

Trinity Lutheran Church - ELCA Price Rates

Trinity Lutheran Church - ELCA FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 1,001.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Anglican, Catholic, Episcopalian, Hindu, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Presbyterian, Quaker, Unitarian
  • In which states are you licensed? NY