Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Tim Ryan Smith

Carefully Crafted and Wonderfully Spontaneous

Hello, I’m Tim and I am glad you found your way here.

First thing’s first: I love photographing iconic moments in people’s lives.  With all of the hustle and frenzy that goes into planning these moments, photography is the best way to capture your beautiful memories, both carefully crafted and wonderfully spontaneous.

Because of my dedication to capturing the beauty of your day, you can rest assured that you have someone with knowledge, skill and experience at your back.  I work tirelessly to help make your wedding the wedding of your dreams, navigating rushed schedules, tricky family dynamics and any curve balls, with ease and grace.

I love people and genuinely have fun getting to know them throughout the process.  I also have a great sense of humor, which is an excellent asset on high-stakes events.

My photography is classic and fresh.  I love natural light and and simple, beautiful images.  It is my privilege to capture the beautiful moments of your day and to reflect who you are as a couple.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

One Event/Day (2)
High-Res Images (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Proofs (1)

My now-wife-then-fiance and I flip flopped for a long time on whether or not to have a photograher at our wedding. We felt unsure about letting a stranger into our lives on such an intimate occassion. It’s funny to think about now, because after having Tim at our wedding, we can’t imagine what we would have done without him. Choosing Tim turned out to be easily one of the best decisions we made.

We clicked with Tim immediately. He was kind enough to meet with us a couple weeks before—on his suggestion—to get an idea of what we wanted, which helped us get comfortable and develop a rapport. Had he not been our photographer, we probably would have invited Tim as a guest.

Never having been married before, my wife and I didn’t know what we didn’t know. Luckily, we had Tim to guide us through. It was like having a good friend by your side who just happens to be an amazing photographer. He knew the venue, he knew the best shots to get, and he knew the best way to get them. He was calm, cool, steady, tactful, prepared, and professional. And somehow, he managed to keep everything feeling totally natural, not only in the compositions but also in the moment.

Tim took on every request—including embarrassing parent ones—with a playful grin. He somehow managed to do the seemingly impossible by impressing everyone one of our family members and friends—something we will spend the rest of our lives trying to live up to.

We had countless guests tell us how much they enjoyed Tim, to which we excitedly responded, “We know! He’s great, right?!” He was a complete joy to have out our wedding and we feel lucky to have gotten to spend the day with him. His pictures feel exactly what the day felt like: filled with love, happiness, and warmth. If we could make only one wedding-related recommendation, we would recommend Tim Ryan Smith. And if we could make two, we would recommend Tim twice.

Profile Picture A, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so thrilled that we had Tim as our wedding photographer. He is not only a superb photographer, but he is also a wonderful human being! He is a joy to work with. Tim's creativity and sense of humor come through in the shots he is able to get! He is so efficient--and terrifically patient--with relatives and other important guests! We cannot speak highly enough about Tim Ryan Smith!

Profile Picture Sofia, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

tim was an absolute pleasure to work with. He arrived early to our hotel on the day of our wedding to scope out places to take pictures and to also go over our desired photos to make sure we got everything we wanted. He kept us on time throughout the day, and even learned all of our parents and siblings names!

He was unobtrusive during the ceremony, which i found to be very impressive seeing as it was a bit of tight quarters. During the reception he made sure to gather the groups we wanted to take pictures with and then grabbed my husband and I last. It was effortless for us to get the photos we wanted.

We were also pleasantly surprised that we got our pictures back so quickly, and that they turned out gorgeous. He is truly talented at capturing light and composing beautiful and emotional photos.

Not only is he incredibly professional, but he has a warm personality and overall good vibe. We cannot recommend him more for weddings or any other special events!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews

Photos

20 Photos

20 Photos

1 ENDORSEMENT
Tim Ryan Smith is an excellent photographer. His work speaks for itself.

Events