34 Reviews for Tim Ryan Smith

High-Res Images (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Proofs (1)
34 Tim Ryan Smith Reviews

Tim was incredible the day of our wedding! He really took the time to get to know each person, is super personable, and genuinely invested in his work. Our photos came out better than we could have ever imagined and we're so grateful. He had a great eye for some amazing photos based on the scenery and lighting. He was awesome!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim did an incredible job!

We used Tim for our rehearsal & our wedding, and we are very glad to have had him with us for both events. We now have beautiful, heartfelt photos that capture the moments from both.

He was on time, comfortable and assertive. He hustled and even hung around a little extra time to make sure he got us all the shots we were looking for! Generally, he rocked it & and was a pleasure to be around.

We received our photos in a timely manner and love the quality! We are grateful he was part of our special day!! We recommend & would use him again.

Profile Picture shelby, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim was not only a talented photographer who captured great photos of our wedding day, but also a calming helpful presence who added to our day! His sense of humor and cheerful attitude were so appreciated by all of our family. And his ability to capture both the formal moments and the tender candid moments in between will be appreciated by us forever.

Profile Picture Johannah, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My now-wife-then-fiance and I flip flopped for a long time on whether or not to have a photograher at our wedding. We felt unsure about letting a stranger into our lives on such an intimate occassion. It’s funny to think about now, because after having Tim at our wedding, we can’t imagine what we would have done without him. Choosing Tim turned out to be easily one of the best decisions we made.

We clicked with Tim immediately. He was kind enough to meet with us a couple weeks before—on his suggestion—to get an idea of what we wanted, which helped us get comfortable and develop a rapport. Had he not been our photographer, we probably would have invited Tim as a guest.

Never having been married before, my wife and I didn’t know what we didn’t know. Luckily, we had Tim to guide us through. It was like having a good friend by your side who just happens to be an amazing photographer. He knew the venue, he knew the best shots to get, and he knew the best way to get them. He was calm, cool, steady, tactful, prepared, and professional. And somehow, he managed to keep everything feeling totally natural, not only in the compositions but also in the moment.

Tim took on every request—including embarrassing parent ones—with a playful grin. He somehow managed to do the seemingly impossible by impressing everyone one of our family members and friends—something we will spend the rest of our lives trying to live up to.

We had countless guests tell us how much they enjoyed Tim, to which we excitedly responded, “We know! He’s great, right?!” He was a complete joy to have out our wedding and we feel lucky to have gotten to spend the day with him. His pictures feel exactly what the day felt like: filled with love, happiness, and warmth. If we could make only one wedding-related recommendation, we would recommend Tim Ryan Smith. And if we could make two, we would recommend Tim twice.

Profile Picture A, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so thrilled that we had Tim as our wedding photographer. He is not only a superb photographer, but he is also a wonderful human being! He is a joy to work with. Tim's creativity and sense of humor come through in the shots he is able to get! He is so efficient--and terrifically patient--with relatives and other important guests! We cannot speak highly enough about Tim Ryan Smith!

Profile Picture Sofia, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

tim was an absolute pleasure to work with. He arrived early to our hotel on the day of our wedding to scope out places to take pictures and to also go over our desired photos to make sure we got everything we wanted. He kept us on time throughout the day, and even learned all of our parents and siblings names!

He was unobtrusive during the ceremony, which i found to be very impressive seeing as it was a bit of tight quarters. During the reception he made sure to gather the groups we wanted to take pictures with and then grabbed my husband and I last. It was effortless for us to get the photos we wanted.

We were also pleasantly surprised that we got our pictures back so quickly, and that they turned out gorgeous. He is truly talented at capturing light and composing beautiful and emotional photos.

Not only is he incredibly professional, but he has a warm personality and overall good vibe. We cannot recommend him more for weddings or any other special events!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Destination weddings are a huge challenge to pull off with one's sanity, confidence, and bank account intact. Ours was at the Brooklyn Bridge - land of the-sky-is-the-limit wedding opportunities, and prices to match. We got extremely lucky when we heard about Tim Ryan Smith. If you're looking for a photographer who can put your mind at ease, promptly and cheerfully respond to questions/concerns via e-mail, text, and phone, offer suggestions that you may not have thought of, demonstrate unwavering flexibility, understanding, and patience, and capture every emotion that you, the love of your life, and your guests experience on that special day - and not overcharge you, Tim Ryan Smith is the photographer for you. Tim is such a terrific person, so easy to talk to and down to Earth - but always the consummate professional, with a keen eye for nuance and the ability to frame memories that you didn't even realize were being made. We are so lucky to have found him! THANK YOU, TIM!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Wedding Portraits

Loved working with Tim for our wedding! He was fantastic from start to finish with a meeting weeks before the event to go over what we were thinking, what we wanted to capture, all the details to delivery of the photos. We were planning on having the wedding at the courthouse but our plans changed with about 48 hours notice and Tim was so flexible and understanding. He was so helpful in getting all of the shots we wanted, and also taking so many candids to capture the whole feeling of the day. We knew we were in great hands with Tim!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 6/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved working with Tim and cannot recommend him enough! We were referred to Tim from a friend of ours and, after looking at his work, we immediately knew that we wanted to work with him. Tim was everything we could have asked for ... friendly, reliable, responsive to our inquiries, flexible (we had an outdoor wedding and, because of the ominous weather forecast, I threw a curveball at him by changing the wedding date the week of and he accommodated us!), and, most importantly, so talented. We also received our entire gallery in less than three weeks (!!) and we are so pleased with the photos. Thank you, Tim!

Profile Picture Jennie, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough amazing things about Tim Ryan Smith. He was referred to us by a friend after many other friends “poo poo’d” their “super expensive and not worth it” photographers! Let me start off by saying Tim is so easy to deal with. Your photographer becomes your wedding coordinator on the big day, in a way, so you better feel comfortable with him/her. He is extremely personable and all our guests/relatives/friends enjoyed their interactions with him. He helped organize the day (not to mention he fielded tons of emails/calls from me) and took control of our “easily distracted” families and managed to squeeze in a million amazing photos in limited hours.
Now on to the other important info… his pictures! They are amazing. We started off with our engagement photos and Tim was able to take what most would say is a boring background and turn it into the most incredible picture. We walked around the streets of Chelsea and Tribeca and his professional eye spotted tons of creative/unique photo ops! We loved all of them and even used one for our Save the Date. Also we just got his wedding pics…might I add only 3 weeks post the wedding. How many people can say that about their wedding photographers!?! My coworkers were all in awe because they waited 6-12 months. The photos are incredible. He didn’t miss a single big moment and one of the best things he did was capture facial expressions during speeches. The day flies by quicker than any other day in life and Tim was able to recreate it for me with his photos. I would HIGHLY recommend him to everyone.

Profile Picture jessica, 3/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Before we chose to have Tim capture our special day we first wanted to see his work so we looked at his site and instantly saw the quality, care, and love he poured into every piece of work he completed. We scheduled a call with him and after 30 seconds on the phone we knew he was perfect. Tim was an amazing resource throughout our planning process as we were able to ask questions about venue setup, lighting options, and even flower colors to which he was happy to answer and give thoughts from his experience and act as a sounding board for ideas, it was perfect. As we got closer to our big day Tim was available and always made time to answer all of our questions about timeline and scheduling quickly and thoughtfully. When the day came he was on time (actually about an hour early) and was ready to handle all that the day threw at us. He and his partner captured our wedding through a spectacular lens and were able to bring to life our celebration through each frame. The pictures are absolutely stunning. We continue to look at them each day with smiles and tears of joy as it allows us to relive each and every moment again and again. What an amazing man. Throughout the process he was excellent, detail oriented, and best of all a genuinely great person. We cannot put it into words how amazing working with Tim was he made us feel like family and now has allowed us to relive and share our celebration for years to come.

Profile Picture anthony, 11/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are so happy we went with Tim for our wedding photography. Neither my husband nor I love taking pictures, but Tim said he would make it as natural as possible and he truly did! He took the time to get to know us and our style prior to the wedding, helped us organize what kind of shots we wanted and then day of did exactly what we spoke about. It was amazing- no one felt like they spent the entire day taking pictures- and the pictures were BEAUTIFUL and exactly the style we wanted- candid & natural looking. He even was able to get my nieces to smile for some pictures- not an easy feat! Thank you Tim!

Profile Picture User6074771, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

Working with Tim was one of the best decisions we made in wedding planning. First, his photos speak for themselves; they are gorgeously composed. Overall, we look natural and happy in our portraits, as do our family and friends. In all of the photos, the images capture the feelings we had, and it's so lovely to look back on. We expected to have beautiful photos that documented the day and helped us look our best (and they do!) but we were surprised at how artistically stunning some of the photos turned out - interesting photos that do more than tell a wedding story.

Second, Tim was a consummate professional, while also being authentic and chill at every stage. He was early to every meeting we had; he was responsive over email and delivered on every timeline; and all of the contracts/systems were super user-friendly. On the day of the wedding, he had us ahead of schedule, though we never felt rushed. His temperament with our family and friends was lovely. There were a lot of us, with folks sometimes wandering, taking their own photos, or directing Tim and he was calm, direct, and humorous. Everyone felt so comfortable with him (and it shows in their expressions). He took every photo we asked, without disrupting the flow of the evening. We have photos from every angle of our ceremony, including an upstairs window, and his style was so unobtrusive we didn't even notice. At the end of the night, when the venue -- and me and my husband! -- forgot about cutting the cake, Tim remembered and coordinated getting the cake, cutters, and reminding my husband to put his jacket on. He is super details oriented, and also charmed our guests. We'd book again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User6556446, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

I decided early on in the wedding planning process to prioritize selecting a great photographer. You only get one shot to capture your wedding day on camera, and it was important to me that it be done right. I scoured online photo galleries and reviews in a search for the "perfect" photographer. I am happy to report that I found him in Tim Ryan Smith! Tim was initially recommended to me by my coordinator at The Garrison. Upon viewing his galleries online, I noticed that he is a versatile photographer and has experience photographing in Brooklyn (where we live and had our engagement photos taken) and the Hudson Valley (where we got married). Upon viewing (and loving) his past work, I called Tim to get his availability. Tim was so easy to talk to, and we ended up chatting for awhile. From the start, Tim was a breeze to work with. He was responsive, organized, and upbeat. I think it is important to get to know your photographer so that you are comfortable and relaxed while being photographed. On our wedding day, it felt like a friend was taking our photos. I think most people feel comfortable around Tim. He is easygoing, nonintrusive, and funny. As a result, Tim was able to capture beautiful "candid" moments throughout our wedding ceremony and reception. Aside from being a great guy, Tim is an incredibly talented photographer. I was beyond ecstatic when our photos arrived; they are vibrant, thoughtful, and all-around gorgeous. While my memory may fade through the years, I will always be able to come back to my wedding photos that so beautifully and perfectly captured our day. Thank you Tim!

Profile Picture Sydney , 7/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tim was the first person we hired to work with for our wedding, and it was truly one of the best decisions we made. After hiring him, it felt like so many things started to fall into place. He was patient and organized, and his work is incredibly beautiful. Our entire family and wedding party loved working with him. We wanted to work with someone who could really capture emotion and the life behind moments instead of just take staged photographs. While he did take the standard portraits that we wanted with our families, he has such a wonderful sense of vision and talent that the emotion and excitement of every occasion seemed to really transcend in his photographs. Tim does a wonderful job at working in unexpected circumstances as well! Our rehearsal pictures were taken in an incredibly crowded amusement park on a very hot and windy day, but he managed to take the most stunning photographs, and he kept us calm, engaged and just joyous the entire time. On our wedding day, the second photograph he brought (Konrad) was very professional, nice and talented as well. We loved every part about working with Tim! My husband and I are so grateful to him for being a part of the most important day in our lives.

Profile Picture Leidy, 2/27/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

We hired Tim after an enthusiastic recommendation from a friend, and we're so glad we did. Throughout the process, he was professional, reliable, and always a pleasure to deal with. He spent much of an afternoon a few months before the wedding doing an engagement photo shoot with us, which helped him get to know us before the big day. On the day of the wedding, he and his assistant arrived early, to scope out the location and figure out ideal places for shooting, and stayed quite late, to document all the festivities. He took some wonderful photos, a great combination of formal portraits and candid shots, in both color and black and white. My husband and I both come from pretty large families and have many discrete groups of friends, and Tim kindly indulged our wishes to have many different group photos, in all sorts of combinations and permutations. But he also roamed around and unobtrusively documented many wonderful moments from the wedding, including some that we didn't see ourselves because we were so busy meeting and greeting. Tim's an extremely talented photographer and a delightful person to work with, and we recommend him without reservation!

Profile Picture David, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

Tim did our engagement photos (in Central Park) and we couldn't be happier! I just posted them on facebook for our friends and family to see, and everyone has glowing comments! They all mention how happy and in love we look in the photos! Not to mention the gorgeous backgrounds Tim found for us. My fiance hates taking pictures, but Tim put him at ease with his no-pressure, laid-back attitude. Afterward, my fiance said, wow that wasn't so bad. ;) Tim captured us in natural moments, but was also willing to pose us somewhat if we needed a little help. He was very receptive to my ideas, and even stayed with us a little longer than we'd agreed so that we could get everything I wanted and then more. We received our edits in a week!! I highly recommend Tim - very easy to work with, nice guy, amazing quality!!

Profile Picture Katie , 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

My wife and I have so many kind words to say about Tim. Where do we begin?!

After stumbling upon his website, we were instantly attracted to the work Tim had done in the past. He seemed to just have a way of capturing the most beautiful, breathtaking, and exquisite moments We reached out to Tim and set up a time to meet at a local coffee shop. After a brief discussion, we knew Tim was the photographer for us!

Tim is professional, creative, accommodating, patient, and most importantly, very easy to work and get along with. He even has a great sense of humor! He was always quick to respond to any questions we had and always made himself available. He even met us for dinner a few days before our wedding just to discuss the big day, reassure us, and discuss all the details.

We received the final product in a very timely manner, and his work truly speaks for itself. Tim captured stunning photos from our special day. When my wife's mother saw the portraits photos, they brought tears to her eyes.

We are so lucky and happy to have met and worked with Tim. My wife and I feel like we didn't just find a photographer but made a new friend! We highly recommended him, and you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Joshua, 6/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Not only is Tim a fabulous photographer, he is also a pleasure to work with. Tim photographed our wedding last month and we couldn't be happier with the photos. He is professional and reliable, and it was great getting to know him in the months before the wedding. Whenever we had a question, he was always responsive and understanding. My husband and I immediately felt comfortable with him. Tim has a calming presence, and really helped me the day of the wedding. Throughout the various last-minute changes in plan, schedule slippages, etc. on our wedding day, Tim was very good natured and accommodating. And we are so grateful for the photos that he took, not only of the two of us, but also of our friends and family. He really captured this incredible day in our lives. We cannot recommend him highly enough!

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim was incredible. I've known him for over ten years and was thrilled that he was able to be our wedding photographer. Tim was professional from the onset- he sent us an info questionnaire so that he could know more about us and what we were hoping for on our wedding day. He did an amazing job at capturing the "essence" of us as a couple and the atmosphere of the whole day. Most of the time I didn't even know he was there, which led to some amazing, candid shots. He was so easy-going that it helped to put us both at ease. We got so many natural photos- which is usually a challenge for my husband (doesn't love to be photographed!). He absolutely nailed it! He was always a step ahead of us, and he was extremely sensitive to our requests and details that we wanted to capture. I would recommend Tim without hesitation. We wouldn't have wanted anyone else!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 12/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was incredibly nervous about the wedding :), and I wasn't sure how the photography bit would work and what I would need to do. Tim was amazing in that I didn't have to do anything, and I barely even noticed him working. He was like a ninja, he would appear, take pictures, and melt away only to reappear somewhere else. The pictures are amazing and there are so many candid shots of my family and friends! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Ben, 12/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tim is amazing. He is able to adjust to any style and any situation (even pushy family members!).

He uses light flawlessly and can make something out of nothing! He spent a lot of time taking pictures of just the two of us and was able to take the group family shots quickly and efficiently.

He even sent us a couple of pictures the day after the wedding just to give us something quickly! We can't wait to see all the final shots!

We would highly recommend Tim to anyone having any type of wedding anytime of year.

Profile Picture Julie, 12/14/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We valued the photographer more than any other vendor and focused our resources appropriately. Tim is truly the best photographer there is. First of all, he is talented beyond belief so incredibly creative, in this case a picture is truly a thousand words because I can't give enough praise. We knew he was our guy from the reviews alone but after meeting him for less than 30 seconds it was a no brainer. He has a calm presence, patient and very adaptable/flexible, which are all qualities that are equally important in our book since he will be by your side on that very special day so we wanted someone whose company we could enjoy. Although his work is that good if that didn't apply we may have overlooked it, but he is the real deal and the whole package. In addition to his creativity what stood him apart was his willingness to listen to achieve our vision in collaboration with providing his own ideas. We were so relieved that he gave us direction especially because we don't do photo shoots every day and it can be a little nerve wrecking. The engagement shoot gave us a taste of what to expect so we were happy we had the opportunity to do that. The pics for both engagement and wedding were absolutely phenomenal. When we've shown pictures to our friends and family, as much as they loved the pics of us, they all wanted to know who the photographer was.

Profile Picture User4458702, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tim was AMAZING!!! he met with us for a consult in NYC, then came out to CT for our engagement shoot and our wedding. He is very laid back and relaxed during all of the events! He takes a little while to get you the pictures but they are totally worth the wait!

Profile Picture Kiimery, 6/15/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I absolutely love Tim! He is super flexible and wiling to give you exactly what you want! He takes great outdoor pictures and is a ton of fun to work with!

Profile Picture Kimmery, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews