San Diego, CA 92103 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 40
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Thorne Artistry

Amanda Thorne is the owner/operator of Thorne Artistry, a mobile makeup, hair, and styling company based in San Diego, California. Thorne Artistry has the capability to deliver the entire package for bridal parties of any size. Specializing in Airbrush & High Definition Makeup, Creative Hair Artistry as well as Fashion & Event Styling. Whatever a bride can dream up, Thorne Artistry can bring the vision to life! Complimentary consultations are available.

Follow Thorne Artistry on

Videos 2 vídeos

20 Reviews for Thorne Artistry

• Aria

Aria Flatau · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Amanda made our day beautiful in several ways

I can't explain how much of a critical role this woman played in our wedding day. I got the package for 6 people's hair/makeup and touchup, wanting to make sure that some of the women most important to me felt as beautiful as I did. The work that Amanda and Candace (I think?) did for us was so beyond makeup and hair. The morning was an empowering, beautiful time together, with talented and artistic women that would ask what we want, and take that to what they knew would bring out the best in each of us. Watching each of these women smile after their service or while watching eachother was something I will feel and remember as one of the most beautiful parts of the day.

Amanda then followed us to the venue to do touch up with us until the ceremony. This was helping us (me) tighten up some curls or freshen up after a few happy tears or even just with the little sweat around my face during some of the processes of the day. During this time we valued her opinion on jewelry or outfit questions, her help with the corset on my dress, staging makeup photos, placing my veil, or even providing a steamer for one of my gal's dresses. She felt like part of the family, and we were all sad to see her go, though I think we all felt more beautiful and confident than we could have without her.

If you have any wavering on whether you want these services or with who, I would encourage anyone/everyone to reach out to her. She is prompt, the trial was wonderful, and I don't think that our day would have been as easy, relaxed, or beautiful without her. She was excited with us and our ideas for hair, but will also advise what she thinks she will be best for you. She helps you see the beauty in yourself makeup free, and then focuses on enhancing your best parts more than changing anything about you. I will truly never forget the smiles I saw on my beautiful women that morning.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory Ann Wahl · Married on 10/05/2019

Hire Thorne Artistry to look and feel your very best!!!

There are not enough wonderful things I can say about Amanda! She is so talented and versatile in all things hair and makeup, but she will also make your wedding day feel so smooth and calm like a day at the spa. Her demeanor, professionalism and kind heart make her different than any other vendor and I would highly recommend hiring her if you want to look and feel your best!

I first met Amanda when I had my hair and makeup done for my engagement shoot. When I didn’t need to reapply anything all day or worry about my hair being a mess even though it was windy, I was sold! On our wedding day, Amanda showed up with her assistant to my house. She did my hair and makeup as well as my sister, mom and bridesmaid. Each person had different styles that they wanted and completely different hair types, but Amanda and her team handled everything so gracefully and everyone was elated with the final product. Thank you Amanda!!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Elise

Elise · Married on 09/21/2019

Amanda went above and beyond

I found Amanda through my wedding planner, and am so glad I hired her. I went for a trial a few months before the big day, and that went amazingly - she made me feel super comfortable (it was my first time getting hair/makeup professionally done) and she did a beautiful job. When it came time for the wedding, she exceeded my expectations. Whether it was making sure I had the exact lip color I wanted in a stay-put formula, to dealing with my mother-in-law who decided last minute she wanted her makeup done professionally, she handled everything with grace and ease and took all the stress off of me. My hair and makeup turned out perfectly, photographed well, and stayed on all day/night even at the beach. My bridal party was very pleased with their looks as well. I honestly could not recommend Amanda more!!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Thorne Artistry's reply:

Thank you kindly, Elise! It was a total pleasure working with you! I appreciate the nice words and you taking the time to write such a nice review! Hope you're enjoying married life! xoxo, Amanda

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Thorne Artistry Pricing

Thorne Artistry Price Rates

Thorne Artistry FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides?
    $ 115.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?
    $ 115.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?
    $ 115.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 115.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 115.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 235.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 135.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 235.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 135.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 175.00
    $ 135.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Group Services
    Hair
    Makeup
    Mult. Stylists
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    Extensions
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Wedding Party Makeup
    Makeup Trial
    Fake Lashes
    Tattoo Coverage
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

Real Weddings

• Josefina Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Amanda is the best there is. Period. Besides having a great eye for style and being a pro at hair and makeup, her energy is is positive and nurturing. She truly cares that her clients are happy with the work she is doing and it shows. She is always coming up with new and innovative ideas for hair, makeup and wardrobe. We can't say enough good things about Thorne. It's our go to for all of our brides!

• Plenty of Petals Wedding Florists

Amazing lady! Very talented and wonderful to work with.

• Ashley Kelemen Photography Wedding Photographers

I've worked with Amanda on several major photo shoots & weddings, and she always brings an exceptional level of creativity and professionalism that makes working with her an absolute joy. In addition, I've hired her to do my hair and makeup on a few occasions when I really needed to look amazing, and she did more than just make me look great: she made me FEEL beautiful. I love working alongside her, and wholeheartedly recommend her to any bride/client looking for a hair and makeup artist or stylist.

• San Diego, 92103 See on map
    2064061985 (Phone number)
    Location of (Thorne Artistry)