3095 State Street, Suite A, Carlsbad, CA 92008 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 34
  • Real Weddings 1

About My Girls on Film Studios

Ashley Fierro Makeup is a luxury makeup studio based in Southern California but travels worldwide.  Ashley Fierro, founder of MGOFS and Owner, has over a decade of experience, team trained by her, and has worked with major companies, graced the covers of multiple magazines, including the holy grail: Martha Stewart Weddings.  With over 100 weddings per year under her belt, Ashley Fierro Makeup is your best bet for your day to go off without a hitch.  She has a unique formula to insure that you will look amazing in the mirror and interacting with your guests but also in your likely expensive wedding photos.  She went as far as creating her own line of makeup (paraben free, not tested on animals and with highly pigmented minerals) to make sure you look good from day to night with no touchups but that it wouldn't feel or look cakey.

Follow My Girls on Film Studios on

ja1164
[ gemma + steve ] 2011

photo: Justin Lee Photography

makeup: www.MyGirlsonFilmStudios.com
[ gemma + steve ] 2011 photo: Justin Lee Photography makeup: www.MyGirlsonFilmStudios.com
ffp 0133rachel pj

Photos 33 Photos
Videos 1 Video

28 Reviews for My Girls on Film Studios

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2020

My must-have vendor for my wedding day

Ashley is my hero. She was referred to me by my wedding planner (Lisa Friesen) and I also vetted her on Instagram. I loved her immediately after I reached out to her because:

1. She scheduled a call with me to make sure we were a good match and to get to know me, my bridal party and what I was looking for before we scheduled a makeup trial.

2. When I did my makeup trial with her, she knew the look I was going for but GRADUALLY worked up to it, and had me check it at every stage so I could be like: "Yes I love this, please do more of this, not dramatic enough for me yet" etc. Which was refreshing after just having done another trial with another artist in the weeks before, who basically turned my chair around to the mirror in the end and I was terrified. The gradual and natural layering really helped. She also then wrote down exactly what she had done that I loved so she'd have it in her back pocket on my wedding day.

3. I did my trial at 8am in the morning and my makeup stayed on and essentially perfect ALL DAY LONG. Into the night.

4. I generally HATE foundation b/c I think (the kind I would buy/use) looks fake and feels cakey (even though I need it b/c I'm 39 and my skin is a little uneven / no longer perfect) - but whatever Ashley used made me look perfect and felt weightless.

5. Um, I don't know - she's an absolute DOLL of a human and so cool and fun to be around? Those are precisely kind of people you want around you for 4 hours the morning of your big day.

6. When we were sadly forced to reschedule my 4.4.20 wedding because of COVID-19, she was amazingly empathetic, responsive, supportive and flexible in working with me to find a new date.

7. The biggest thing, I think, is just that I feel SO COMFORTABLE in her capable hands. I'm super picky and I almost thought about doing my makeup myself that day (not smart, I know) but after I met Ashley and she glammed me up I was like, I ACTUALLY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT YOU ON MY WEDDING DAY. Even when we were rescheduling, I knew I couldn't settle on a date where she was unavailable b/c she is indispensable. There are lots of places to cut corners when you're planning and budgeting for a wedding, and this is just not one of them - feeling like the best version of myself and not having to fuss or stress about anything that morning is part of why I feel like I can't live without her that day.

PS I didn't think to take pics BEFORE my trial but trust me when I say that I look like Jaba the Hut when I wake up in the morning.

Sent on 04/01/2020
  • Dana

Dana Fenster · Married on 12/10/2019

Ashley is amazing!

Ashley is the absolute best! She did my makeup for my wedding day and was fantastic to work with. I clicked with Ashley instantly- she is extremely kind, professional, and talented. Her use of professional photographs during the trial was very helpful in defining the natural look I wanted. She did makeup for six of us on my wedding day, and we all loved our looks! Beyond that, she made us all feel so comfortable and at ease with the process. I would definitely recommend hiring Ashley for your makeup!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jenny Pincus · Married on 10/20/2018

Thank you!

Ashley! Where do I begin to thank you? I don't think I can truly describe how amazing you are. You totally understood my vision for how I wanted to look for my wedding and you exceeded all of my expectations.
    What could have been a stressful and chaotic day, was so peaceful, relaxing and fun! My bridesmaids were so happy with the way they looked-and everyone had a great time with you!
    Thank you for everything-you are SO talented and wonderful!
    XOXO

Sent on 10/22/2018

Award

My Girls on Film Studios FAQ

• What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 200.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 135.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 115.00
    $ 135.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Makeup
    Men's Grooming
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Contour Makeup
    Fake Lashes
    Tattoo Coverage

1 Real Wedding

• Bespoke. Wedding Florists

The work from My Girls on Film is consistently wonderful. What you can expect from working with Ashley and her team is to look like you, but better, for your wedding day. The methodology is not to pile on every product in existence, but to select products that highlight your natural attributes. Ashley even custom blends her makeup to ensure you have the right color for your skin. She really cares about her craft, and that is exactly what her makeup artistry is...a finely honed craft. Although, when you see some of her before and after images, you might think there's a little voodoo involved too....

• Hannah Smith Events Wedding Planners

Ashley at My Girls on Film is fantastic at what she does! She has mastered the art of a flawless yet natural look. She makes her brides feel at easy and really listens to what they want. I highly recommend her.

• Nathan Petty Wedding Photographer Wedding Photographers

I was helping photograph a wedding that Ashley Fierro of My Girls on Film Studios was working on. She's very personable and her make-up application was beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to refer any of my brides or other clients to her!

• 3095 State Street, Suite A Carlsbad, 92008 See on map
    7603102923 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (My Girls on Film Studios)