18534 Casandra Ave, Cerritos, CA 90703 Map · Phone number

About Third Eye Open Photography

Third Eye Open Photography is the story of what happens to people. I am very passionate about capturing the quirky mannerisms of people; revealing real emotion, portraying you in deep connection with your significant other. My photography goes beyond the posed formals, and reaches straight into the heart for real RAW emotion. My main philosophy and goal with my art is to remind us who we all are.

IMG5287
GlassWindow2
IMG4410

17 Reviews for Third Eye Open Photography

Janelle · Married on 05/25/2019

There are a lot of aspects of my wedding that I wish I could erase and look back on full of regrets, but I can honestly say that the photography is not one of them.

I met Jen at a bridal show and instantly fell in love with her work. Her photography has the vintage appeal that I had been wanting and her rates were even more appealing. I knew I had hit the jackpot :)

Jen treated us to an incredible engagement session at Union Station that flowed into Olvera Street. Jen's excitement was contagious and we had a blast finding new places and angles to shoot!

It took my husband and I a while to secure our wedding date/location, and by the time came, Jen already had plans for our date. Incredibly, she moved mountains to make the date work for us and I can not thank her enough!

The family and bride/groom photos following the wedding went quickly and smoothly. Our venue was not very spacious, so these photos were basically taken in the middle of the cocktail hour with guests coming up and greeting us throughout. Jen completely rolled with the punches and had some great spots already in mind and directed us through the whole way.

My only minor complaint was that when it came time to do the first look pictures, we were already an hour behind (our fault entirely) and the first look was incredibly rushed and not at all the private moment I had been hoping for. By the time we were ready for the first look pictures, our guests had already arrived and were in the area that we were going to shoot. Jen did a great job trying to get everyone into a separate area so we could be alone, but the second I walked into the area I could still hear my guests peeking and commenting on how I looked... for a moment that was ONLY supposed to be myself, my husband and the camera. As crushing as that moment was, it was our fault for not securing an area for that prior.

Another thing that I really appreciated was that within days (like, maybe 3!) we had a CD mailed to us with all of the images that were captured from the engagement session and from the wedding. In researching around, it seemed like a lot of photographers would only offer a selected amount of them, and clients have to wait weeks just to see them. And on top of that, other photographers make you pay more to see the rest. I don't know about anyone else, but it is AGONIZING to wait for those pictures! The fact that ours came so quickly and already edited made me giddy :)

Having already said that I may not be the typical bride with all the pomp and circumstance, I will say that all I really cared about at the end of the day were the photos and the fact that I was marrying the man of my dreams. I'm happy to say that both of those things have turned out as hoped.

THANK YOU JEN!

Sent on 09/05/2011

Diane · Married on 12/10/2011

Jen made my non photogenic husband smile and that made my day. We will forever be thankful for her work and plan to use her in the future. Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2011

Jen, thank you for capturing every special moment of my big day, everytime I look at my pictures I feel the excitment and joy over and over again, you are amazingly talented and I was so blessed to have you as my photographer.

Sent on 01/22/2012

Third Eye Open Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Custom Graphics, High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

• Officiant Lady
    Officiant Lady Wedding Officiants

I had the pleasure of working with Jen from Third Eye Open at a recent wedding. She is wonderful. You hardly knew she was there but her shots were amazing. Furthermore she is very friendly and open to sharing her photos with the officiant (which I've found is not always the case). I hope to work with this wonderful photographer again soon.

• 18534 Casandra Ave Cerritos, 90703 See on map