162 Main St., Portland, CT 06480 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 42
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Wedding Dress

The Wedding Dress is a premier bridal attire boutique in Portland, Connecticut. This family operated shop offers an extensive variety of gowns from select designers, and bridal accessories to perfectly complete your look. With a team of experienced consultants by your side, you are more than likely to find the dress of your dreams at The Wedding Dress. Whether you’re looking for a simple and elegant look, or something intricate and extravagant, you will be taken care of when you shop at The Wedding Dress.

The Wedding Dress offers a vast selection of dresses for brides, bridesmaids, mothers, and flower girls. Each dress is hand-picked depending on latest bridal trends, quality, and affordability. In addition to gowns, The Wedding Dress offers many different accessories:

• Headpieces

The Wedding Dress 1
The Wedding Dress 2
The Wedding Dress 3

Renay · Married on 09/08/2018

I loved this little shop. The staff was very pleasant and made me feel like I was their number one priority. They were not pushy and helped me find my dream dress. I been to other bridal shops with other brides and by far this is the best one. They are however limited what they do carry on the shop floor due to their size but I have no doubt if they do not have that dress they will help you find it.

Tessa · Married on 07/03/2018

The girls at the wedding dress are perfect! They are very accommodating and helped me with everything I needed to make me look and feel like a princess!

The Wedding Dress 4
    The Wedding Dress 5
    The Wedding Dress 6

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2018

I seriously cannot thank Shelly and her staff enough for all the help with my wedding dress. I of course was the bride that found the dress they absolutely wanted online. Shelly was the only one in the area willing to bring the dress into the store from the designer. When I went for my first appointment I felt like such a valuable customer and like they already knew me. Of course the sample dress sent from the designer didn’t fit but Shelly had me try on a similar dress and used accessories so I could get the look of the dress that I brought in. I instantly knew that dress was the one I wanted. Thankfully I ordered just in time because it was being discontinued. I also went shopping for my dress a year and a half before my wedding and Shelly went out of her way and stored the dress for me till I was ready for it to go to the seamstress. I can’t recommend this shop highly enough and will be sending everyone to them. Thank you Shelly for making what I thought was going to be a stressful experience the easiest and most relaxing part of wedding planning. I absolutely loved my dress and all your assistance with helping me pick it.

Sent on 07/25/2018

The Wedding Dress's reply:

Dear Tracy,
    So glad you were happy! You were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we truly appreciate your kind words.
    If you're ever in the area please stop by....we'd love to see your pictures!
    Sincerely,
    Shelley xo

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

The Wedding Dress FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $500 - $999, $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom, Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Undergarments, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? 9-11 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

Real Weddings

• Wadsworth Mansion
    Wadsworth Mansion Mansion Weddings

We collaborated on a Fashion Show this fall and the dresses from The Wedding Dress were beautiful and unique. Shelley has a great sense of style and can really put together a bride.

• 162 Main St. Portland, Connecticut, 06480 See on map