305 N. Harbor Blvd Suite 330B, Fullerton, CA 92832 Map · Phone number

About The Special Day

The Special Day is one of Southern California?s premier full service wedding and event planning firms. Creating personalized experiences is our ultimate priority. We are well versed in cultural weddings and of various faiths, and have an extensive background in designing attractive events at unique locations including private estates, soundstages, urban lofts, and more.

logo
logo

5 Reviews for The Special Day

Bryce · Married on 09/15/2012

Sophia from The Special Day was a gift from heaven! We were so overwhelmed with the options for planning a wedding on top of full time jobs that we found her through the hotel we wanted to get married at. Before even meeting with us she was already helping us out - which thoroughly impressed us so much we signed her as soon as we met her. She made wedding planning easy and fun and at the end we not only got married but made a lifelong friend. Our guests and families are still talking about our amazing wedding! Thank you so much Sophia we love you!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Libby · Married on 07/18/2009

Carolyn of The Special Day was the 12th person I interviewed for the job!!! She was beyond the best and most perfect and amazing!!!!!!!!!! My mom, husband, and I agree that of all the vendors- she was the ONE that we could not have done without!! Her team was very VERY professional and on top of EVERYTHING!!! I was a DIY bride but come from a fashion design backround- she took faith in me and let me design what I desired and then on day of, saw my dream and turned it into MORE reality than imagined!!! Her team was so awesome- I know I am repeating myself- but wow- wow- wow!!! The Special Day was more than a vendor.... they made our day possible!!!! EVERY BRIDE SHOULD TAKE TIME TO TALK AND MEET WITH CAROLYN!!!! You will not be disappointed!!! Her taste and vision is pure couture and her knowledge of the industry is sensational!!!! 100% recommend her!!!

Sent on 07/29/2009

Blythe · Married on 05/17/2008

Carolyn Chen, The Special Day

Wow... I don't think I have enough room here to express how wonderful it was to work with Carolyn Chen and everyone at The Special Day. I was recently married on May 17th, 2008 at The Langham Huntington Hotel & Spa - the new name for The Ritz-Carlton Pasadena.

My husband and I were skeptical at first about hiring a planner, but Carolyn and her team were well worth every penny spent! If I had to do it all again, I'd definatly go with the full service package. There's no question I wore out my welcome with emails, but Carolyn promptly and professionally responded to every last one.

Carolyn is an absolute pro at designing and coordinating weddings with a high-end/ upscale look and feel. Her vendor connections are amazing and well-established. In fact, let me offer this word of advice - always go with Carolyn's recommendations. Trust me, you can't go wrong! I learned my lesson with that, unfortunately.

Carolyn is a dream come true for style-conscious and style-impaired brides alike! And if you're one of those people with unusually high standards, then you've found the perfect planner! My husband and I were very impressed with her ability to make the day's events flow flawlessly. And her assistant, Ngoc, was a HUGE help - she stuck by me ALL DAY and took care of my every need!

Don't worry if you're lacking a "vision" for your affair. I was pretty clueless about a number of things, that's for sure. But I know one of the main reasons I got the wedding of my dreams was because I hired such an experienced, competent planner. I'm so thankful for all her hard work and for putting up with my last minute crazy requests!

I would highly recommend The Special Day for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 08/31/2008

Award

The Special Day FAQ

• What wedding planning services do you offer? Full Planning, Partial Planning

• Villa Punto de Vista
    Villa Punto de Vista Mansion Weddings

This amazing woman (Carolyn Chen) can only be described as some kind of perfect combination between Martha Stewart and Anthony Bourdain! With an enterprising mind and an eye for detail she crafts remarkable events, but she is a "destination" wedding planner at heart and her hands-on experience working between the US, Asia and Latin America is truly unique!

• 305 N. Harbor Blvd, Suite 330B Fullerton, 92832 See on map