Catskill, NY 12414 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

4 Reviews for the river garden

Kathleen · Married on 10/09/2016

Bernadette is THE BEST! She did the most amazing job with our wedding flowers, they turned out better than my wildest pinterest dreams, and better than any of the photos I sent her as examples. Best of all, she grew nearly all of these flowers at her farm and put them in containers that I had collected. I felt like I was working with a family friend, she put a ton of effort and thought into my wedding.

The River Garden is a farm, and they sell fresh flowers at the local greenmarkets in New York (how I found them). They do weddings occasionally, but it does seem like the majority of their business is with cut flowers, not as an event florist. Because of this, everything (from booking to quotes to delivery) is a little more casual. However, Bernadette is amazingly talented. She decorated the church for us, made our bouquets, centerpieces, etc. She also hand decorated our cake. Even the boutonnieres were gorgeous. Everything was the perfect mix of sophisticated and natural.

I highly recommend Bernadette and The River Garden - she is not only the best value, she's the best.

Sent on 11/12/2016

To be clear, The River Garden is a FARM. My husband, his family, and I went up to visit Bernadette and her husband (the proprietors) at their farm in Cairo, NY and loved it. Bernadette is wonderful and her laid-back style made it easy to relax and feel like we were in good hands. She often runs a stand at the Union Square Farmers Market and was nice enough to give us a bunch of bouquets so we could play around and see what we liked. She is incredibly knowledgeable and although we wanted all local and in-season flowers, let us know she could always get in special stuff if necessary.

The other wonderful thing about The River Garden is the PRICE. My husband and I balked at most of the quotes we received from florists ($3k to $6,500!!!) and we ended up paying about $750 for everything. Everyone commented on the flowers and they were STUNNING. I cannot say enough about Bernadette and the services at The River Garden!!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

The flowers provided by Bernadette were AMAZING!!! I wanted wildflowers and a more natural look for our barn wedding and she totally delivered. I sent her a few photos and she beautifully replicated what I wanted. The colors, the textures, the vases all perfect!. Actually, her work was more beautiful than I could have imagined. She even made us two beautiful wreaths. Her prices were great too--much more affordable than a traditional florist. I highly, highly recommend The River Garden.

Sent on 09/07/2013