2114 Main Street, Covington, GA 30014 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 3

About The Mill at Yellow River

The Mill at Yellow River is a historic mill and wedding venue located in Porterdale, Georgia. Owned by the award-winning firm Beyond Details Catering and Floral Design, this charming venue is nestled on the bank of the Yellow River. With easy river access for photos, a beautiful garden and a large outdoor patio, The Mill at Yellow River offers a unique and memorable setting for your wedding celebration.

Facilities and Capacity

The Mill at Yellow River provides multiple indoor and outdoor event spaces to accommodate up to 300 wedding guests. The interior space of the Mill includes industrial-style piping and lighting fixtures, string lights, and large paned windows and exposed brick for a modern but rustic feel. Its historic architecture and craftsmanship are comprised of mature southern yellow pines, now a rare and protected type of wood. Exterior spaces include a scenic and charming garden as well as a large outdoor patio perfect for cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres.

The Mill at Yellow River offers venue rental for weddings and other social events. Beyond Details is a full-service firm that provides catering, floral design and wedding rentals. Event services offered include the following:

• Chairs, tables, china and flatware
  • Wedding planning

Cuisine

This venue offers delectable and globally inspired catering options that will have your guests marveling for years to come. Classic entrees offered include chicken teriyaki with rice, grilled boneless pork chop, farm-raised catfish and peppered flank steak.

Other Facilities

Included in the venue rental is a 1,500-square-foot bridal loft with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a full kitchen and a patio. This space overlooks the Yellow River and is the perfect space for the bridal party to prepare prior to a wedding ceremony.

Other Services

The Mill at Yellow River is an ideal location for hosting private parties of varying sizes. In addition to wedding ceremonies and receptions, this location can accommodate all of your wedding events, such as engagement parties, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners. This venue is also available for hosting corporate meetings, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions.

History

The Porterdale Mill opened in 1899 and ran until the 1960s, becoming one of the world’s largest producers of twine. In 2006, the Porterdale Mill was transformed into the Porterdale Mill Lofts with residential, retail and living spaces.

Location

This venue is located in the quaint community of Porterdale Mill Lofts, only 30 minutes from Atlanta, Georgia. The Mill at Yellow River is located off Highway 120 and minutes from Conyers and Covington, Georgia.

kb edit1

The Mill at Yellow River 6
The Mill at Yellow River 7
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 01/26/2019

My wedding day was perfect!

If you are second guessing this venue, STOP AND CHOOSE IT! From the amazing rustic venue space, to the stunning river views in the back, to the food, picturesque decor, the details, the service, the bridal and groom's suites -- EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! We had the winter wedding of our dreams, and the team (including Kaylyn, Jakob, and Todd) took the utmost care of us. Kaylyn was my point of contact, and she was super responsive, informative, and just super sweet! I will miss our almost daily phone calls :) She made sure we were aware of any specials they were running, she stayed on top of everything I wanted, and even lent me her boots for our morning-after photoshoot on the rocks. SERVICE WITH A CAPITAL S, HONEY!!!!

Jakob and Todd had me set on decor and florals, and OMG! They made my vision come straight to life. I was a long distance bride, so much of our communication was via email, with me sending tons of photos and videos of what I wanted. They exceeded my expectations!! I even inspired a new prop: the gold circular arbor! I sent Jakob a picture of the arbor with flowers on it, and they built one just for me (well, and other brides I suppose LOL!). And it was BEAUTIFUL! The attention to detail was immaculate. I wanted lush rose petals down the aisle - they executed. I wanted lush greenery on the tables with hundreds of candles - they killed it. Everything was beyond my imagination!

And OMG THE FOOD! Every single guest ranted and raved about how good the mac-n-cheese was, and how great every other item was on the buffet.

For a long-distance bride, having a one-stop shop venue with an industrial/vintage look was my dream. And The Mill at Yellow River exceeded every expectation I had. I am eternally grateful for the staff and for everyone who helped make our wedding day phenomenal.

Sent on 02/11/2019
    The Mill at Yellow River 16
    The Mill at Yellow River 17
    The Mill at Yellow River 18

Monica · Married on 07/22/2018

Everyone wants their wedding day to be perfect, nice weather, the presence of all of your family and friends, beautiful décor, good food, and an amazing venue. Well, we can't do anything about the weather or our not so on time guests, but we do have control over the rest. And no one does that better than The Mill at Yellow River. Todd initially blew us away with the tour and the breakdown, however Kaylyn our Facility Coordinator has to be one of the most thoughtful and considerate people we have ever met! She was professional, communicative, and always accommodating! With the help of her team, she made sure that day went according to plan and that the execution was flawless. She even kept our vendors on track, not an easy task. The couple's level of satisfaction means so much to the staff at Beyond Details and The Mill. We could not have asked for a better experience! All of our friends and family cannot stop talking about our perfect day. Thank you guys, much gratitude!! M&M

Sent on 08/20/2018

The Mill at Yellow River FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Flatware, Glassware, Tables
  • Describe your venue: Farm/Ranch, Historic Building