The Engagements

584 8th Ave, New York, NY 10032 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 18

About The Engagements

We are a wedding cover band based in Brooklyn, NY called The Engagements.

Catering to couples looking for a unique alternative to the typical, cookie-cutter wedding, we cover Motown, rock, soul, 70s, 80s, 90s, plus a smattering of 2000s to now. Our set lists are full of songs that haven't been played to death at weddings.

Comprised of a group of professional musician friends, our band members have toured in the bands of some recognizable acts - from Michael McDonald and Michael Buble, to Sharon Jones and French Kicks.

We're an actual BAND, we love playing together, and we're constantly tweaking our set list to keep it fresh.

Check out our videos - we cover songs by Human League, Eurythmics, Al Green, Michael Jackson, Hall N Oates, Tears For Fears and more...

Contact us about our availability and we'll send you an info packet with a song list, and answers to FAQ's.

Follow The Engagements on

The Engagements 5
The Engagements 6
The Engagements 7

Ryan Goldberg · Married on 10/13/2018

The Engagements made our wedding!

The Engagements were recommended to us by a musician friend who'd played with them before. His praise meant a lot to us, and then when we saw The Engagements play at the Bell House in Brooklyn, we knew they'd make our wedding. Their band leader Aaron was a joy to coordinate with, always accessible, generous with his time and insight, and eager to discuss our musical tastes. So our expectations were high by wedding night -- and the guys just blew them away, with a nearly three-hour dance party of Motown, 50s and 60s soul, and 70s dance music. Our guests won't forget it, and my wife and I surely never will. Choosing the Engagements was unquestionably the best decision we made for our wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Eric Leventhal · Married on 10/06/2018

Best damned wedding band ever and it's not even close

I can't say enough good things about The Engagements. Countless people kept asking us where/how we found them. They actually blew a ton of people's minds. They learned half a dozen songs for our wedding, including deep cuts by George Harrison and The Band, and even an Abba song for my bride. They sounded great and they performed with profound sincerity and passion. I know they may cost a little more than the big company wedding bands, but I promise you, if what you're looking for is a band that cares about music and about rocking the fucking doors off of wherever your reception is, pick The Engagements. Aaron is a joy to work with. He took all the stress out of everything. I was able to borrow a guitar to play a song for my wife during our reception and they took the time to soundcheck me and make sure I felt comfortable in every way. Incredibly professional and badass. Can't say enough good things.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Matthew Bernhard · Married on 09/29/2018

No other band could compare!

I first experienced The Engagements at my sisters wedding over three years ago. Flash forward to planning my own wedding and I struggled to find a band in Utah that could put on a show like The Engagements. We were so lucky that with Aaron's help, a Utah trip became a possibility! Aaron was able to contact local vendors, arrange housing, and work with our venues to provide the most amazing music for our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception! No other band can replicate so many different artists to the level The Engagements can. They had every wedding guest dancing the entire night, to the point that they wouldn't even take a break! Having a wedding with The Engagements is truly an experience you will never forget. Thanks again Aaron!

Sent on 12/29/2018

The Engagements FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Big Band, Blues, Classic Rock, Classical, Country, Dance, Folk, Funk, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Punk Rock, R&B / Soul, Reggae, Rock
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Captured on Canvas
    Captured on Canvas Wedding Favors

Very talented musicians, lead by my friend Aaron Thurston

• Tribute String Quartet
    Tribute String Quartet Wedding Musicians

The only truly non-traditional full 10-piece wedding dance band around. The Engagements are simply the best.

• 584 8th Ave New York, NY, 10032 See on map