Destiny and Light

Tampa, FL View map Visit website

With over 40 plus years of combined experience, our team of hair and makeup professionals are ready to create the perfect look for you and your friends. Our team has the experience needed to make any occasion successful. We work with clients of all shades, backgrounds, and hair types. Specializing in on-location services we can bring the studio TO YOU. Here at Destiny & Light, are setting the trends and pushing our industry to evolve by introducing new services. We've pioneered Groomsmen on location barber services for the guys in your life and we are introducing and training Russian and Persian Updos and bridal hairstyles. We offer traditional salon services and classes, we also offer our clients the latest in Contemporary, Vintage and Traditional hair and makeup looks with quality products that include Kenra, MAC, Temptu, Urban Decay, and our own Destiny & Light cosmetics line to include AIRBRUSH MAKEUP! High quality at amazing prices.

The professionals at The Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup Group understand how stressful hair and makeup styling for a wedding can be, which is why they come directly to you. As well as hair and makeup, the team can offer men's grooming, facials, manicures, and pedicures for you and your whole wedding party, with group discounts, trials, and multiple stylists available. Makeup offerings include airbrush makeup, contour makeup, fake lashes, eye makeup, natural makeup, lash and brow tinting, and tattoo coverage. For hair styling, clients can choose from the following options:

• Russian and Persian Updos and Hair Styles
  • SAB Bride Speaclist
  • On-Location Services
  • Girls Night Out ( Shoot down the Studio for you and your ladies week of wedding day prep)
  • Blowouts
  • Hair coloring
  • Hair relaxing
  • Haircuts
  • Textured styling
  • Classes ( For Pros and Novis )
  • Certifications ( Become a Makeup Artist or an Updo Pro )
  • Black-owned
  • Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the base price for blowouts for brides?

$65

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?

$65

What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$65

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$65

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$75

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$76

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$75

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$75

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$65

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$85

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$65

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$65

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Salon
Spa
Group Discounts
Licensed

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes
Brow/Lash Tinting
Tattoo Coverage

What hair removal services do you offer?

Waxing

What tanning services do you offer?

Airbrush Tanning

• Devin
    Devin W. Getting married on 04/01/2023

Absolutely Amazing!

We hired Destiny & Light to do our hair and makeup for our department headshots. I had the pleasure of working with Ashley for both my H&M and she did such a great job! This was my first time getting professional headshots done, so I had no idea what I wanted my makeup to look like. She asked me a few questions about what makeup I normally wear and got to work. Needless to say, I was blown away by the end result and she's amazing!
  • Katie
    Katie M. Getting married on 12/17/2022

Expert hair and make up artists

I used Destiny and Light for my wedding and the hair and make up artists did a fantastic job. I worked with Jackie, Amanda, and Sarai. I wanted non-traditional make up at my wedding- I wanted high fashioned looks because I love fashion. If I'm going to spend for hair and make up, I wanted it to be exciting.

Amanda did my hair and make up and I thought she took direction really well. I love white eyeliner but I'm aware it can look weird in photos, and I wanted to toe the line between weird and beautiful. After a few iterations in the trial, she helped me reach that. I was grateful for not only her technical skill, but her creative expertise. She was also able to exactly understand the "look" I was going for hair-wise- which was also a little non-traditional- and I was happy with her first attempt. I did a big-hair look and it didn't die throughout the night.

One of my bridesmaids is Asian and she was impressed with Sarai's work and said to write in my review that they are skilled in working with Asian skin and features (eg hooded eyelids).

Jackie also did a great job- especially on my mom. I was anticipating my mom being picky and complaining but that she did not do.

Jackie, Amanda, and Sarai all were perfect! I was a little worried that my alternative looks would not be possible and that they'd push me towards something simpler and easier but they enthusiastically went along with my concepts. We showed them the inspiration pics and they went to work! I heard no complaints from my bridesmaids and they all looked fabulous to me. They made me wedding co-opted into a fashion show reality! I might update this review with pictures when I get the professional ones back.
  • Patricia
    Patricia Getting married on 11/12/2022
    Destiny and Light was an amazing addition to our special day. They made every girl in my party feel and look beautiful. I was very impressed by the teams professionalism and hospitality. I looked amazing in my way day and it was all because
    Of this wonderful group of
    Ladies.

Team

Amanda  Rodriquez
Amanda Rodriquez
Executive assistant

TheBomb.com Bios are a great way to highlight your team’s experience working with diverse couples, cultural traditions, and wedding types.

Wentworth Golf Club Wentworth Golf Club Country Club Weddings

They will make you look amazing

Sweet As Lace Weddings & Events Sweet As Lace Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

There are simply not enough wonderful things I can say about The Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup Group! As a wedding planner, and someone who has personally experienced their services, it is so great to know that they are not only professional and reliable, but so incredibly talented at what they do. If you are looking for the right group to make your big day seamless and stress free, then look no further than Destiny & Light. From my first communication with them I knew these were individuals that I would want to work with continuously and recommend to all my clients!

Flawless Fêtes Flawless Fêtes Wedding Planners

I love when I see that a bride has chosen Destiny & Light to make herself and her girls look amazing for a wedding. They are always prompt, professional, stick to the timeline but are sure to send everyone out looking STUNNING! Plus their looks always hold up all day so every photo looks as great as the first one taken, even after hours of celebrating!

D&L Lakeside Studio's, 5911 Sheldon Rd Tampa, 33615
813-842-7366

10am - 4pm Tuesday - Friday By Appointment Only - Saturday Office Closed Sunday - Monday All trial runs and consultations are set by appointment only.
Location of (Destiny and Light)
5911 Sheldon Rd Tampa, FL, 33615
813-842-7366

Other vendors in Tampa for your wedding