444 N Capitol Street NW, Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About The Capitol View at 400

The Rooftop at 400 N Capitol is Washington’s premier rooftop venue featuring spectacular views of the U.S. Capitol, Union Station and The Washington Monument.

The design of this new rooftop began in May, 2011 and started with a gravel rooftop similar to the other tower at this location. The building is located at 400 – 444 North Capitol Street, NW in the heart of Capitol Hill. The owners of the building wanted to give visitors an opportunity to view one of Washington’s most spectacular views of the Nation’s Capitol. There are just a handful of rooftop venues in Washington that offer great views and all of them are different. We are fortunate to have a view that pans 300 degrees from Union Station to the Library of Congress, the Capitol Dome and across to the Washington Monument. And anyone who has visited Washington knows that when the sun sets and the monuments light up the view is even more spectacular. From this vantage point you feel like you can reach out and touch the sky and marvel and the beauty that is Washington!

The architect and contractors for the project worked diligently to create an atmosphere that would convey the beauty of Capitol Hill. Stainless steel and glass railings surround the rooftop, allowing for a unobstructed view. IPAY flooring gave a nautical feel to the decking that encompasses the entire rooftop. And unique to Washington is our retractable awning that covers over 2,100 sq. feet of the rooftop. This area has removable clear side panels that can be opened as needed. This space also has heating and air-conditioning that allows it to be used year round for events. As we say, our Plan B for weather is always in place on The Rooftop. The enclosed space can accommodate 200 guests for a seated dinner, or 300 for a cocktail reception. The total guest capacity on the rooftop is 470. In addition there is also a lower terrace available for receptions or dinners that can accommodate up to 300 guests.

We are very excited to be able to offer this location for your next event. Come and see us and HOST THE EVENT OF A LIFETIME on The Rooftop at 400 N Capitol!

• Top of the Town

15 Reviews for The Capitol View at 400

• Aaron

Aaron · Married on 06/01/2019

An Iconic DC Dream

This venue was spectacular. If you have any doubts about booking, just book now. You and your attendees will not regret the space. The event coordinator, Delmy Palmer, proved an influential, attentive, and accommodating professional during our 14 month planning process. Delmy ensured that all of our requests could be accommodated, provided various logistical recommendations based on her expert experience and recommended vendors with matching expertise to hers. This venue offered modern accommodations and a multi-functioning space for all weather conditions. Further, it provided incredible views of notable DC landmarks, such as the Capitol Building, the Washington Monument, and Union Station. We did not need a photo booth because the rooftop views were all that we needed for friends and family to take memorable snapshots. The out-of-town guests enjoyed being able to experience our wedding and DC all at once with the amazing views. Our photographers also made good use of the natural backdrop. This venue was a dream and made for one of the best days of our lives. We could not imagine having our wedding anywhere else in DC. This venue delivers in every respect, with a top-notch team.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Leanna

Leanna · Married on 08/25/2018

Simply Perfect

I had my wedding reception at the Capitol View at 400 Rooftop in August 2018 and it was a dream come true. Working with Delmy, the venue coordinator, was incredible. She was the most responsive vendor, accommodated all of my requests, and helped to provide me with a vision for the evening, including working with my day of coordinator to setup the rooftop. She was extremely flexible, allowing me to drop off my alcohol and decorations the Thursday before my wedding and pick everything back up on Monday post wedding. Delmy even let me come checkout the rooftop while they were preparing for a wedding to help me get ideas for decoration – you really don’t need much with the views, I went very simple greens and candles. The venue views are breathtaking. Even my local guests couldn’t get over the perfect view of the Capitol and Union Station – perfect back drop for pictures all night. The lower terrace is where we had cocktail hour – the space is huge and comes with high-top tables – view of the Washington Monument. The upper rooftop is where we had the reception with the views, also a very large space, comfortably fitting 150 at tables under the covered portion of the rooftop with a large dance floor. (There is room to fit much more than my guest count) I added string lights draped from the retractable rooftop and had candles on the tables; that was all the lighting I needed for the evening (7pm-12am) – my pictures came out great. I used Corcoran catering – very familiar with the space and working with Delmy (Maryana and Delmy are a great pair). I was extremely lucky with the weather so I didn’t need the AC/heat nor plastic siding but that is all included if needed. If you are looking for an affordable venue that gives the perfect DC ambience – this is it!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Keara · Married on 06/09/2018

Capitol View at 400 was the perfect venue for our wedding, and I can't say enough good things about the venue coordinator, Delmy. She was so on top of all the details and made us feel confident that everything would go smoothly. The view is obviously amazing, but the staff truly made it work. The rain held off for our ceremony outside on the top level, then rained while we were under the tent for the speeches. The venue staff came out immediately and zipped up the sides so guests wouldn't get wet and relocated the bars, without any disruption or people really noticing. Then after the rain stopped, they reopened the sides so people could back out and enjoy the deck and views again. It was a really smooth operation. They were also so helpful in directing guests upstairs, to restrooms, etc. and helping to coordinate with the vendors during the delivery along with our wedding planner. The value of the venue was better than other rooftop DC venues as it included the excellent staff, tables, chairs, bars and other furniture for the ceremony and reception. Definitely recommend if looking for a classic DC wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2018

The Capitol View at 400 Pricing

The Capitol View at 400 Price Rates

The Capitol View at 400 FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 9,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 6,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Government Building
    Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking