The Altar Bridal

Barrington, IL View map

Welcome to The Altar Bridal!

At The Altar, we strive to find the perfect dress for every bride. We carry sizes ranging from 0-36, and a price point for every budget, so you are sure to find your dream wedding dress. We carry new, sample, once-wed and consignment bridal gowns and our inventory is constantly changing. We are walk-in and by appointment. The Altar Bridal in Barrington is our third location and we are excited to offer amazing dresses to brides in the Chicagoland area.

Congratulations on your engagement and we look forward to meeting you!

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

Under $500
$1,000 - $2,499

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Cleaning
Consignment
Preservation
Sample Sales

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Bridal Gowns
Garters
Hair Accessories
Jewelry
Plus Size Gowns
Sample Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Weekly

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

4.5 out of 5 rating

1 User photo

Rebecca B. Married on 09/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I loved my experience at The Altar!

I bought my wedding dress about four months ago from The Altar, and have nothing but good things to say about them! My stylist and all of the ladies were all so warm and welcoming, and great hype women!
    Tameka S. Married on 06/11/2022

A-ma-zing!

My cousin was looking for a wedding dress for her 20 year vow renewal and the large chain stores just weren't giving her what she truly wanted. We started digging and came across The Altar Bridal. We decided to take a chance and I am so glad we did. This place gave us the fresh breath we needed in looking for her dress. We were immediately greeted when we came through the door by our bridal consultant Yessi (I hope I spelled that right). She was so friendly and warm, it was great. From the moment we stepped in, we were treated like royalty. The level of professionalism and courteousness is off the chain. She took us to our styling area which was a nice large space for the four of us. The bride's room was very large and had enough space for her to hold the 12 gowns she ended up trying on. Unlike some of the other stores where I had to step in and help her try on the dresses, clip them, etc., Yessi was all over it. Not only did she pull dresses (and have us help her pull) she took control of helping her to get them on, clip them in the right places and help her out onto the platform. Even more than that, her knowledge was top notch. She made suggestions, gave us new visuals, knew about the designers and more! So much so, she changed our strapless direction into we must have sleeves. I know this is long so I'll cut it now but I'll just say if you or anyone you know is looking for a beautiful gown that she won't see several other bride's trying on...this is your place! Beauty, professionalism and oh yeah...great prices. Thanks Altar Bridal!
  • Carrieann
    Carrieann N. Married on 10/11/2020

I found the dress of my dreams 💕and i could actually AFFORD IT 😊

Before I even start talking about how much I love my dress, I must start with how helpful Ava was. My mom and I walked in without an appointment, hoping to just browse styles and get an idea of a price point. Ava was finishing up with another bride and I was given the freedom to choose any of the gowns I wanted to try on. The flexibility in deciding for myself what I wanted to try on was wonderful. Since I had been browsing Pinterest for many years, I think I knew what I was looking for.
    Trying on the dresses was the fun part. Ava was so helpful in making sure I was comfortable and was organically happy for me. She truly made the experience unforgettable. She had also proven that she has been in this industry for a very long time. I felt like I was in safe hands.

The selection of gowns was great! I learned that they get new dresses in every couple months. Even if we hadn’t found “the dress” in our first stop, I was definitely going to come back to check out their new arrivals. I tried on about 15 dresses..... the second dress I tried on was THE ONE.

When I asked how much this STUNNING dream dress was.... I was SHOCKED to hear it was only $999!!!!! That. Does. Not. Exist. The dress I chose was extremely detailed and is of amazing quality. Ava explained to me that these were designer sample dresses, never altered or worn, only ever tried on. The prices on ALL of the dresses were unbeatable!!! THAT alone is a reason to go check it out!

Girls..... I have friends that have paid 3k for their dresses.... this dress is very affordable, but it is also stunning. Good quality, great atomosohere, wonderful pricing, and Ava and their seamstress are both very helpful and knowledgeable. I feel like i won the lottery. Save your money, and get your dream dress at this shop. You won’t be let down!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

236 W. Northwest Hwy Barrington, IL, 60010
Location of (The Altar Bridal)

Other vendors in Chicago Suburbs for your wedding