850 E. Sidewalk Rd. Suite 101, Chesterton, IN 46304 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About Here Comes The Dress

Here Comes the Dress was built on our dream of providing a fresh approach to the Northwest Indiana bridal experience. When visiting our boutique you can expect an exquisite selection of dresses housed in a sophisticated, relaxed atmosphere.  Our shop reflects the modern, boutique-style atmosphere normally found in Chicago or Indianapolis but with a more personalized and intimate approach. Designed with the bride in mind, our bridal room is spacious and comfortable, ideal for you and your party to take your time, enjoy a glass of champagne and admire our dress selection. We love working with brides and our goal is to make you feel completely at ease while finding your dream dress. We are honored to share this experience with you!

• Woman-owned
Follow Here Comes The Dress on

Other couples have also viewed

• Van Der Velde Couture Showroom
img 7 239 51 481889 160747271294248

50 Reviews for Here Comes The Dress

• Lisa

Lisa F. · Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing dress finding experience!

Here Comes the Dress is an amazing establishment. Aubrey helped me pick my perfect dress and was overly helpful with everything! My brides maids got their dresses here too and they loved it! Beautiful dresses! Such an assortment to chose from.

Sent on 12/08/2020

Here Comes The Dress's reply:

Thank you so much, Lisa! It was truly a delight each and every time you and your family came in! Best wishes to you on a long and happy marriage!

Kristin A. · Married on 10/17/2020

The best dress experience!

The one thing I was not looking forward to during wedding planning was dress shopping. I found a dress online that I loved which led me to HCTD because they had it. They sent me different dresses on Snapchat to see if I liked those prior to my appointment and had them pulled when I got there. Aubrey and her staff are so thoughtful and it helps that the appointments are private so it’s only you and your girls. I ended up going about 3 times: my try on appointment, my alterations appointment and to pick up dress the week before the wedding. I was actually sad that I didn’t have to come back haha I would highly recommend the store to any bride who wants a dress experience she will remember!

Sent on 12/09/2020

Paige W. · Married on 10/09/2020

Nothing Short Of Amazing!

Aubrey and her staff are nothing short of amazing! They are there to help you every step of the way. I cannot imagine going anywhere else to get my dress or my bridesmaid's dresses. I will be sending anyone and everyone I know their direction if they need a wedding dress. Thank you so much Aubrey and the Here Comes the Dress Staff!

Sent on 11/01/2020

Here Comes The Dress's reply:

Thank you so much, Paige! It was a pleasure to work with you, I wish you many years of happiness! ~ Aubrey

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Here Comes The Dress FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $1,000 - $2,499
  • What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?
    $200 - $499
  • What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?
    $100 - $199
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    Flat Fee
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
    Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Cleaning
    Preservation
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Sample Gowns
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Seasonally
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

Team of Here Comes The Dress

Aubrey Rettig

Aubrey Rettig

Owner

I’ve always had a flair for dressing up and pretty things, so owning a bridal boutique seemed a natural progression from my previous career. I was working as a Litigation Paralegal for several years when I had a dream I opened a bridal boutique. It was hard to resist not making that dream come true; I mentioned it to my husband, we agreed it would be good idea and put the wheels in motion. We opened our doors in August of 2011 in a small strip mall in Valparaiso, before moving to our current home in Chesterton, two years later. Anyone who has owned a small business can likely agree, it’s a very personal attachment. I love my store and care about each and every bride I encounter. I may even surprise past brides when I remember their name years later and even the dress they wore on their special day. I’m proud of my amazing staff and their hard work and passion for what they do, it’s truly a dream job. When I’m not managing the store, I’m home with my husband, my daughters, 9 and 11, and two big dog babies. I love spending time with family, traveling, a long run or a true crime or Netflix binge.

If I haven’t met you yet, I hope you’ll visit us soon and let us share in your say yes moment!

+ More Details
- Less Details
Juliana Monk

Juliana Monk

Manager

If you've visited HCTD before, chances are we've already met. I've been working here for four years and was a customer first. I visited the boutique with a friend who found her dream dress and I instantly fell in love with the ambiance. As soon as I got home that evening, I, of course, stalked Facebook looking at all the beautiful bridal pictures and posts and came across a job posting. It almost felt meant to be. I instantly applied and had the job within a few days! Before HCTD, I worked as a Legal Assistant Clerk in a downtown law firm, which is why I think Aubrey and I connect so well; it's a legal mentality we both have. Switching careers is one of the best things I have ever done. I love the beautiful gowns, helping future brides find their dress, sharing a special moment with not only them, but their closest family and friends, it is such a fulfilling feeling. I truly enjoy just chatting with customers. I always strive to make everyone who walks through our doors feel special. I truly consider this my dream job! When I'm not working, I'm a mom of two little ones, who keep me busy and a wife of a hardworking husband.

I hope to help you feel at ease and your most beautiful on your bridal journey! See you soon!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• 850 E. Sidewalk Rd. Suite 101 Chesterton, IN, 46304 See on map
    2197281328 (Phone number)
    By Appointment Only
    Location of (Here Comes The Dress)