Here Comes The Dress

Chesterton, IN View map

Here Comes the Dress was built on our dream of providing a fresh approach to the Northwest Indiana bridal experience. When visiting our boutique you can expect an exquisite selection of dresses housed in a sophisticated, relaxed atmosphere. Our shop reflects the modern, boutique-style atmosphere normally found in Chicago or Indianapolis but with a more personalized and intimate approach. Designed with the bride in mind, our bridal room is spacious and comfortable, ideal for you and your party to take your time, enjoy a glass of champagne and admire our dress selection. We love working with brides and our goal is to make you feel completely at ease while finding your dream dress. We are honored to share this experience with you!

• Woman-owned

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$1,000 - $2,499

What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?

$200 - $499

What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?

$100 - $199

How do you price dress alterations?

Flat Fee

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Groomsmen
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom
Ring Bearers

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Cleaning
Preservation
Sample Sales
Trunk Shows

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Bridal Gowns
Hair Accessories
Jewelry
Sample Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

6-8 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Final Sales
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.8 out of 5 rating

• Kelly
    Kelly Married on 08/24/2021

Absolutely recommend HCTD

The staff at HCTD made my dress shopping experience very stress free. I was nervous going into the process because I always had a hard time with my prom dresses when I was younger. They gave me such a personalized experience and made sure everything was perfect. I used them for everything from the dress, alterations, jewelry, and my veil. I would recommend to anyone I know.
  • Lisa
    Lisa F. Married on 11/21/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing dress finding experience!

Here Comes the Dress is an amazing establishment. Aubrey helped me pick my perfect dress and was overly helpful with everything! My brides maids got their dresses here too and they loved it! Beautiful dresses! Such an assortment to chose from.

Here Comes The Dress's reply:

Thank you so much, Lisa! It was truly a delight each and every time you and your family came in! Best wishes to you on a long and happy marriage!
    Kristin A. Married on 10/17/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best dress experience!

The one thing I was not looking forward to during wedding planning was dress shopping. I found a dress online that I loved which led me to HCTD because they had it. They sent me different dresses on Snapchat to see if I liked those prior to my appointment and had them pulled when I got there. Aubrey and her staff are so thoughtful and it helps that the appointments are private so it鈥檚 only you and your girls. I ended up going about 3 times: my try on appointment, my alterations appointment and to pick up dress the week before the wedding. I was actually sad that I didn鈥檛 have to come back haha I would highly recommend the store to any bride who wants a dress experience she will remember!
  • illustration stars

Team

Aubrey Rettig
Aubrey Rettig
Owner

I鈥檝e always had a flair for dressing up and pretty things, so owning a bridal boutique seemed a natural progression from my previous career. I was working as a Litigation Paralegal for several years when I had a dream I opened a bridal boutique. It was hard to resist not making that dream come true; I mentioned it to my husband, we agreed it would be good idea and put the wheels in motion. We opened our doors in August of 2011 in a small strip mall in Valparaiso, before moving to our current home in Chesterton, two years later. Anyone who has owned a small business can likely agree, it鈥檚 a very personal attachment. I love my store and care about each and every bride I encounter. I may even surprise past brides when I remember their name years later and even the dress they wore on their special day. I鈥檓 proud of my amazing staff and their hard work and passion for what they do, it鈥檚 truly a dream job. When I鈥檓 not managing the store, I鈥檓 home with my husband, my daughters, 9 and 11, and two big dog babies. I love spending time with family, traveling, a long run or a true crime or Netflix binge.

If I haven鈥檛 met you yet, I hope you鈥檒l visit us soon and let us share in your say yes moment!

Juliana Monk
Juliana Monk
Manager

If you've visited HCTD before, chances are we've already met. I've been working here for four years and was a customer first. I visited the boutique with a friend who found her dream dress and I instantly fell in love with the ambiance. As soon as I got home that evening, I, of course, stalked Facebook looking at all the beautiful bridal pictures and posts and came across a job posting. It almost felt meant to be. I instantly applied and had the job within a few days! Before HCTD, I worked as a Legal Assistant Clerk in a downtown law firm, which is why I think Aubrey and I connect so well; it's a legal mentality we both have. Switching careers is one of the best things I have ever done. I love the beautiful gowns, helping future brides find their dress, sharing a special moment with not only them, but their closest family and friends, it is such a fulfilling feeling. I truly enjoy just chatting with customers. I always strive to make everyone who walks through our doors feel special. I truly consider this my dream job! When I'm not working, I'm a mom of two little ones, who keep me busy and a wife of a hardworking husband.

I hope to help you feel at ease and your most beautiful on your bridal journey! See you soon!

Aberdeen Manor Ballroom, Chapel, Garden Aberdeen Manor Ballroom, Chapel, Garden Mansion Weddings

We have had several brides get their dress at Here Comes the Dress and they rave about their experiences!

850 E. Sidewalk Rd. Suite 101 Chesterton, IN, 46304
2197281328

By Appointment Only
Location of (Here Comes The Dress)

Other vendors in Chicago Suburbs for your wedding