Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 100% of couples
16 User photos
Megan · Married on 05/26/2019
Best Decision Ever
From the first call Elodie immediately made me feel at ease, not only was she extremely prepared with poignant questions about our wants and needs but she also made us feel like we were actually heard when we answered.Sent on 07/02/2019
• She was extremely organized from the get go. We had our tasks laid out, vendors selected, monthly, then weekly calls scheduled, budget managed, and so so much more in a timely and efficient manner.
• She thought of things we probably wouldn't have. For example we wouldn't have thought to include tip estimates into the budget or to ask guests for their food allergies in advance.
• She was a master at managing vendors. We had a pretty complex wedding with 3 ceremonies, 2 caterers, 2 days of events and much much more. In order for it to go as smoothly as it did, it required her to be in communication with about a dozen different vendors to get them to arrive on time and to make sure there were plans in place for various situations. Not all of our vendors were extremely easy to work with (ahem indian caterers) but she still managed to get them there on time and with enough food with as little drama as possible. Almost every vendor commented to us later how amazing she was to work with and how they wish there were someone like her at every wedding to run the show.
• Her timeline/schedule. So nice! The level of organization was exquisite. Down to the minute timelines, vendor insta handles, you name it, it was there. And of course pared down versions of the document for bridal party members and another for vendors. Masterful.
• At some point on your wedding day you get decision fatigue. People keep asking you questions and it becomes hard to keep caring. Which shoes match this dress? How should I dance into the reception? Can we move these tables farther from the dance floor? We need to up the counts on the buffet food, okay? Can I make a speech today instead of yesterday? Where are the flower girl dresses again?? We were lucky that we could fall back on Elodie to make the call on many many of these micro decisions, or to tell people the answers they are looking for. Any questions we absolutely needed to decide, one of the tall and small team would somehow find a perfect quiet moment to outline the problem and help us come up with a quick solution.
• Day of coordination was ON POINT. We ended up with 4 coordinators on site because of the size and complexity of our event. Each one was amazing, so knowledgeable and good at their job, polite, professional, and in our case this was vital -- had a lot of stamina. They were all connected through walkie talkie headsets so they could coordinate issues and round people up as needed. During the ceremony one was stationed on each of us (bride and groom) to make sure we were exactly where we needed to be. Importantly they were able to be our time keeper and was able to tell people NO when we couldn't. They got us to photos on time, out of photos when it was time. Shut down random family friends adding in unplanned shots (mostly haha), I think they could see our looks of desperation. You don't want a planner to get in the way of your wedding but you want one with a loud and firm enough voice to ensure it goes smoothly and as planned - and that is exactly what we got with Tall and Small.
• Design! I'm a designer so I was very particular with certain elements. She was able to capture the spirit and ideas in her design deck that kept the master vision front and center throughout as I was choosing things from invitation paper to escort cards (or in my case bathroom tiles). Great suggestions were also made for things like votives, table cloths, eco-friendly confetti, and so many more things you usually never think about. I also think she has great taste, and only suggested amazing things, never something cheesy or cliche.
• My husband is Indian and I am Korean/Portuguese and we're both American so we had many traditions we wanted to incorporate. Elodie was able to manage our Interfaith wedding seamlessly. She was more knowledgeable about some elements of the Hindu ceremony than my husband was and had great suggestions for incorporating some of our more western ideas into the ceremony. She had also somehow had experience with a Korean paebaek ceremony before so she was able to manage this with ease as well. Despite our guest count being around 200, these specific little details managed to make it feel like an intimate personal wedding completely customized for us. I can't stress how important this is when many vendors we met with tried to tell us what we needed vs. letting us explain what we are looking for.
• Transparency- The tall and small team were super mindful and transparent about all pass through expenses, estimates were given, receipts were received, and good deals were looked for. They go out of their way to make sure they aren't charging you an arm and a leg for expenses. They are also super mindful of their responsibility with handling your tips, she requested that all tips were placed in sealed envelopes with the vendors name on it.
• We had a quasi destination wedding in the Berkshires. Since we live in NYC it was helpful for have a Brooklyn wedding planner to assist us in person and to travel with us once for a walkthrough and again for the wedding. It really helped to have a planner who understood the challenges of nyc living (ie no car - no space!) when wedding planning.
Overall, Elodie is the best and you should definitely have her plan your wedding. Seriously the best decision we made for our wedding.
Marietta Klase · Married on 11/17/2018
Amazing planner with impeccable foresight
My partner and I were so grateful to have the opportunity to work with Elodie at Tall and Small Events while planning our wedding. We hired Elodie for consultation meetings throughout our planning process and could not be happier with the results. Elodie provided thoughtful feedback and was a great sounding board for ideas. Her keen insights and background as a wedding planner enabled her to anticipate scheduling and logistical issues that we would have never considered. Elodie was also able to help us plan out timelines and help clarify questions to ask vendors well in advance of our big day so that we were not bogged down by stress and details in the weeks before our wedding. I would highly recommend Elodie as a planner and consultant for weddings and other large-scale events. Her attitude and pleasant, enthusiastic demeanor made the planning process fun and something I looked forward to rather than a chore.Sent on 12/11/2018
Karen · Married on 11/09/2018
Perfect in every way!
Tall & Small Events were an absolute pleasure to work with and created a perfect wedding party for us. We had a particularly challenging set of circumstances to work with, but Elodie was constantly on top of everything, from providing creative and thoughtful recommendations for vendors to picking out designs to managing every last detail. She turned a collection of random ideas into a seamless and lovely event that was above and beyond anything that we could have hoped for. Could not possibly recommend Tall & Small more highly.Sent on 11/13/2018