Sylvia Guardia

Playas del Coco Guanacaste, Guanacaste, CR CR 0003Z Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 78
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 4
  • Deals 2
  • Meet the Team

About Sylvia Guardia

Sylvia Guardia M. - Photography is a professional wedding photographer in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. She has been living in Playas del Coco for more than a decade and has spent over 14 years specializing in destination wedding photography. Sylvia loves using natural light in her photos and uses it to create something unique for each couple. She is constantly inspired by the venues, sunsets, beaches, and couples that she has the opportunity to work with. With a focus on the details, emotions, and moments that occur, your wedding day will be beautifully documented.

Sylvia uses a contemporary and natural style while photographing her couples. She covers one event per day to focus solely on you, and carries liability insurance to give you peace of mind. Sylvia Guardia M. - Photography can travel for your wedding, is willing to add additional hour and, shoot at multiple locations, and will bring a second photographer upon request. Other photography services include an engagement shoot, a slideshow, toning, a trash-the-dress shoot, video, and wedding portraits. You and your loved ones can enjoy your high-resolution images as:

• Albums

Videos 4 Videos

87 Reviews for Sylvia Guardia

• Kristin

Kristin C. · Married on 01/23/2021

Photos to last a lifetime

When picking a photographer I did lots of research. I looked at many websites, instagrams, facebooks, and reviews. When I was told about Sylvia I stopped looking. The reviews alone were why we picked her. We were in contact throughout COVID and she always was excited about our big day. We did not actually meet Sylvia until our wedding day. Even meeting for just that first time it was effortless. She was very professional and fun. Our session was perfect and she knew exactly what we wanted. She made sure to keep asking if there was anything else. We received our sneak peak within 48 hours!!!! I was beyond impressed! THE PHOTOS!!!! Man were they beautiful. She captured the light and the best backdrops a girl could ask for. I cannot wait to see the rest of them as I know I won’t be able to choose our favorites. I know that when we go back to Costa Rica and need photos taken, I will definitely be reaching out to her again.

Sent on 02/02/2021

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Kristin beyond words! Thank you for your heartfelt review, both of you were AMAZING!!! I can't wait to deliver the complete gallery!!!!!!! So excited!!!!
  • Mil

Mil B. · Married on 01/04/2021

Sylvia is an absolute gem and always at the top of the list in our recommendations to couples. We have worked with Sylvia for many events over the years, she is the perfect mix of friendly, fun, and professional that helps couples really feel at ease on their wedding day. Her style perfectly captures the beauty of Costa Rica, with vibrant colors and amazing attention to detail - in a timeless style that will look beautiful on client's walls for years to come. She works seamlessly with her video partners, and the years of experience they have together is evident both day-of and in the results. The quality service she delivers is unmatched - waiting for wedding photos can be agonizing and I love seeing our clients bypass that entirely with Sylvia. She delivers a sneak peek gallery (with a LOT of photos!) within a couple of days - sometimes even the next day - talk about instant gratification! The consistently amazing service and stunning photos that Sylvia provides her clients is priceless and we can't sing her praises enough! - The Mil Besos Team

Sent on 04/13/2020

Sylvia Guardia Pricing

Sylvia Guardia Price Rates

Sylvia Guardia FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1350
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2600
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Second Shooter
    Toning
    Video
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

• Sylvia Guardia 1
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • Sylvia Guardia 2
    Free CANVAS Print!
    When hiring our services through Wedding Wire, you'll automatically receive a free canvas print of your favorite wedding photo, shipped to your home 2 weeks after selecting it.

Team of Sylvia Guardia

Sylvia  Guardia

Main Photographer

My interest in photography rose at a very early age, through my mom, and I have felt passionate about it ever since. I'm a professional wedding photographer based in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

I have been living in Playas del Coco for over 12 years and specializing in destination wedding photography for over 13 years. I love natural light. I love that you will never experience the same light twice, and I take this to my advantage to create unique photographs for my couples!

I get inspired by the different sunsets, beaches and venues; and of course by the couples that simply shine on their special day. I focus a lot of my attention on details, moments, emotions and composition.

I love my job, and I hope you enjoy the results as much as I do!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Susan La Reau Events Wedding Planners

Sylvia is by far one of the most talented photographers in Costa Rica, her professionalism and passion is reflected on very photo she takes. I highly recommend hiring her. As a wedding planner, I am always looking for the vendor that can make me shine and Sylvia does it every time :)!!

• FourNineteen Weddings Wedding Planners

Sylvia is one of the most talented and kind-hearted photographers we get the chance to work with. Couples not only love her work but also her calm and sweet nature, which makes them feel relaxed in front of the camera (which inevitably results in fabulous photographers). Always working to improve her craft and offering different perspectives. A great all around professional!!!

• Playas del Coco Guanacaste, Guanacaste Guanacaste, CR, CR 0003Z See on map
    506-88297543 (Phone number)
    Location of (Sylvia Guardia)