Sylvia Guardia Reviews

Sylvia Guardia 7
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 04/13/2019

Picture Perfect!

Sylvia is the best photographer in all of Costa Rica. She came highly recommended from our wedding planner and we were told she was so much fun to work with. We booked her right away and also decided to come out soon after and do an engagement shoot with her. Leading up to the engagement shoot, she gave us suggestions on what to wear and where we would shoot. We are so thankful we did the engagement shoot because Sylvia got to know us personally, we got the ‘camera nerves’ out of the way, and it made our wedding day shoot that much more special. I was so excited to be reunited and see Sylvia on our wedding day. We knew the funny cues she would give us and just being in front of her camera was so much more natural. I was truly sad to say goodbye to her at the end of the night.
    We received our wedding pictures within 4 weeks of our wedding and I can’t stop looking at every picture. She captured every moment so perfectly and my husband and I will forever be able to relive our wedding through her pictures. Even the reception pictures, we can hear every song being played with each picture she took! Thank you for capturing every special moment of the night. We can’t wait to come back and do an anniversary shoot with you!

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Sylvia Guardia 19
    Sylvia Guardia 20
  • Abbi

Abbi · Married on 04/06/2019

Could not recommend more!

Sylvia was a dream to work with! She made us feel comfortable leading up to the wedding, and captured the most gorgeous images for us at our wedding ceremony and reception. She also was incredibly quick in getting us the finalized photos. We could not be happier with our pictures and the service she provided. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Michael

Michael Neri · Married on 02/15/2019

Amazing!!!

Where do we begin. From the first day we met Sylvia we knew we made the right pick with her. She is amazing to work with and so much fun. Her team was so professional and they captured our wedding day without us even noticing they were there. The teaser video for our wedding looks like a Hollywood production, friends think it’s a movie trailer. Thank you so much Sylvia for everything you captured the day for us forever and we will never forget it.

Sent on 04/12/2019
    Sylvia Guardia 21
    Sylvia Guardia 22
    Sylvia Guardia 23
    Sylvia Guardia 24
    Sylvia Guardia 25
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing talent and great to work with!

We were blown away by not only Sylvia’s amazing talent but also how friendly she was and how easy she was to work with. Destination weddings can be nerve wracking but she made everything she could easier and overall a fun experience. Her work speaks for itself. She came as a suggestion by my wedding planner at the resort and I knew as soon as I saw her website, I wanted her to capture our special day! Not even a question in my mind! Highly recommend! Are there more than 5 stars to give?!

Sent on 01/12/2019
    Sylvia Guardia 26
    Sylvia Guardia 27
    Sylvia Guardia 28
    Sylvia Guardia 29
    Sylvia Guardia 30

Kelsey · Married on 05/09/2018

Sylvia was absolutely amazing. She was so quick to respond to any questions I had. She was on time and very flexible with our schedule. She exceeded our expectations and our wedding pictures were absolutely stunning! Her pricing was very reasonable and worth every penny. I would recommend her to anybody and will definitely be using her for future Costa Rica anniversary trips!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Sylvia Guardia 31
    Sylvia Guardia 32
    Sylvia Guardia 33
    Sylvia Guardia 34
    Sylvia Guardia 35
    Sylvia Guardia 36

Taylor · Married on 04/07/2018

Sylvia was an absolute joy to work with!!! She captured our special day perfectly and we couldn’t be happier!!!! Such an amazing person inside and out!!

Sent on 05/18/2018
    Sylvia Guardia 37
    Sylvia Guardia 38

Taylor · Married on 04/05/2018

Everything was perfect! I just got my preview photos and I am already on love. She is the sweetest person, easy to work with. She gave direction easy enough to follow. Love love love Sylvia! Hire her, you won't regret it!

The two photos I am attaching are my previews and hardly touched, BEAUTIFUL

Sent on 04/14/2018
    Sylvia Guardia 39
    Sylvia Guardia 40
  • I

Ima · Married on 03/16/2018

We got married in Costa Rica at Reserva Conchal and Sylvia was our amazing destination photographer. She was beyond awesome and had great ideas for photos. Our Wedding photos are fantastic and we couldn’t be more pleased.

Sent on 05/04/2018
    Sylvia Guardia 41
    Sylvia Guardia 42
  • Cricket

Heather · Married on 03/10/2018

I can't say enough good things about Sylvia and her work. From the beginning, she was very quick to respond and thorough in answering my questions. The day of the wedding went very smoothly. We had a large group at our destination wedding (43 total) and she did a great job of keeping everyone on track with the time and kept pictures moving. Her photos were absolutely beautiful and we love them so much! We also did a "trash the dress" session the next day and those turned out amazing as well and she had a great local spot that she took us to. Sylvia is excellent at capturing the natural light of a location and using the surroundings to complement the photos.

The value is fantastic, the service and professionalism is excellent, she is great to work with, and the photos turn out beautiful. She also recommended my hair/makeup artist to me who also did a fantastic job. I'd highly recommend hiring Sylvia for anyone's photography needs in Costa Rica!

Sent on 04/13/2018
    Sylvia Guardia 43
    Sylvia Guardia 44
    Sylvia Guardia 45
    Sylvia Guardia 46
    Sylvia Guardia 47
    Sylvia Guardia 48

Glenna · Married on 09/10/2017

When we got engaged I wanted to go somewhere no one else really goes and go somewhere we had never been! When I found mil Besos That specialized in weddings in Costa Rica I knew I wanted to get married there : the beaches were amazing , it was unlike anything I had ever seen before plus there was monkeys on the resort! And we both love animals !
    When we were picking a photographer I had looked through a few peoples work but the way Sylvia worked just stood out to me it was amazing how she could make her subjects look! I still get compliments on my wedding photos to this day! She really captured the moment and got amazing shots of us (that I’ve already started to frame around the house ).
    When we stayed at the Westin we went to the monkey sanctuary, zip lining, and snorkelling. The resort is the best resort I’ve ever been to it was such a dream!
    Sylvia captured every moment of the our elopement perfectly - the lighting , directions ,etc all flowed so naturally and none of it felt posed (as most traditional wedding photos do).
    I can’t wait until we go back to Costa Rica as it was such an amazing place !

Sent on 10/13/2017
    Sylvia Guardia 49
    Sylvia Guardia 50

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Glenna, thank you so much for your review. You looked absolutely AMAZING on your wedding day, I'm so happy you chose me to be your wedding photographer, I loved working with you both! Thanks again! I do hope you come back to Costa Rica and enjoy so much more we have to offer!!!! Thanks again! I hope you're enjoying married life ;)

Ciany · Married on 09/10/2017

Sylvia was so great to work with. I would definitely recommend her as your photographer for any occasion . She is so easy to talk to and work with . Me and husband need some direction as to what to do with our photo shoot and she did an amazing job directing us . The photos came out amazing beyond what we expected !!

Sent on 10/17/2017

miranda · Married on 08/05/2017

Sylvia's photography is absolutely stunning! She captured the most beautiful moments of our wedding and we are so grateful to her, to have those memories saved forever. So much time and planning goes into your wedding and then it is over in the blink of an eye but Sylvia caught every little detail. When I look at our wedding photos, I can still hear the waves crashing on the beach and I can smell the salty ocean air. Thanks to Sylvia, we are able to relive our perfect day over and over. Choose Sylvia for you photography, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Sylvia Guardia 51
    Sylvia Guardia 52
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/01/2017

Sylvia did an amazing job for our wedding and the pictures came out fabulous! We are so happy with her completeness in telling our wedding story through the pictures from start to finish. We opted against having any professional wedding videos and with Sylvia we didn't need to! The problem now is how to choose which pictures to enlarge as we would never have enough room in our house for the ones we love! We love so many and they are all so special. I would highly recommend Sylvia for your wedding photos! She is also so nice and pleasant too!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Thank you Wendy, it was amazing working with all of you on your wedding day at Nosara!!! You guys were the best! Loved meeting you both and your kids. I hope you do end up printing lots of photos!!!!!

Erika · Married on 07/01/2017

Sylvia as a person is fabulous.
    Sylvia's work: she is very professional and her photos are stunning.
    I will certainly recommend her.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Thank you Erika! I had such a great time shooting your elopement at the Andaz!!!! You guys were the sweetest! Wish you all the best!!!

Meghan · Married on 06/30/2017

Sylvia is amazing!! She captured our special day and we have these gorgeous photos for the rest of our lives. Not only is she a beautiful person, she is easy to work with and exceeded all of our expectations. Sylvia captured so many amazing moments throughout our day.. we could not have asked to work with a more professional, amazing person. Her work speaks for itself. We highly recommend Sylvia for your destination wedding photography, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2017

Our property management company referred us to Sylvia and we are so fortunate that they did!
    We arranged the outdoor, sunset, beach photos for our family of six with Sylvia via email prior to our trip. We were so lucky that she had an opening in her schedule during our stay. She was so professional and friendly throughout our experience with her. We knew upfront what time we would be meeting and which beaches near our accommodations we could pick from. I think we decided the day prior exactly which beach we'd meet at and it worked out perfectly.
    On the day of our photo session, Sylvia was already there when we arrived. She met us and each of our four children ages 18, 15, 8 and 6 and got to know us and explained her ideas for our time together. I had one photo request (all of us in height order) and she took care of that pretty early on in the session and took time and care getting the shot . She photographed us naturally walking and being on the beach with an eye for "that" shot for each of us that would capture us in a candid moment. Sylvia was responsive to our requests, gave clear direction to us in what she was going to do for a series of shots. She had ideas but was also willing to go wherever the shoot led us in terms of how the kids would be organized, whether they splashed in the water or wanted to climb the rocks. The shoot went very smoothly and everyone enjoyed it... which is a rarity with four kids, and that is all due to the genuine kindness and professionalism that Sylvia exhibited throughout our time together. You can tell from her photos online that she is talented... what you can't see yet is what kind of magic she will work for you.
    Once the session was over, she sent us a few preview shots and so far that's mostly I've shared on Facebook with family and friends and _everyone_ has raved about the quality of Sylvia's work and the beauty of the shots that she took for us.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Thank you for your amazing review Jennifer, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you both and your beautiful kids!!!! I'm so happy we were able to coordinate the session too! Thanks again!

Gwen · Married on 06/20/2017

Sylvia was amazing! She made us feel like we were the most interesting subjects and that all of our pictures were going to be fantastic. She was easy to work with and I felt like we could have asked her for anything and she would have found a way to accommodate us.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Thank you Gwen for your kind review, I had an amazing time with both of you on your wedding day and your sunset was one for the books!!! WOW!!! We were so lucky to have that beautiful afternoon light to shoot with ;)

Marisol · Married on 05/28/2017

Absolutely LOVED working with Sylvia & her team!! Living in the US & planning a wedding in a different country, responsiveness is HUGE for me as you're working with different time zones etc. Sylvia was great in this department which made the planning smoother. Although I speak Spanish, Sylvia note only speaks but also writes PERFECT English which was helpful for me as I communicate in email much easier in English. Her pictures were gorgeous and great quality--she also have a very quick turn around time considering the amount of photos she provides. The site she gives with the pictures is super easy to navigate.

Sylvia is super cute & fun making her a joy to have around during the time we got ready with the bridesmaids. I would be cautious of how much time you have for your pictures and ensure you get a list of what pictures you want to ensure are taken. They print the list off and go off of your recommendations. All in all, if I were to do it all over again, I would use Sylvia & team for sure!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Thank you Marisol for your wonderful review! It was truly a pleasure to work with you on your wedding day, you guys were the best, such a FUN couple; your families and friends were all so nice and helpful too! PS. LOVED your party pics!

Georgina · Married on 05/28/2017

Pictures turned out amazing.! Thank you for the memories

Sent on 09/15/2017

Thank you Georgina!!!

Karri · Married on 05/20/2017

We had such a fun trash the dress session with Sylvia! Very talented and really great to work with! Definitely recommend! We were just sad she wasn't available the day of our wedding!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Sylvia Guardia's reply:

Thank you Kerri, your TTD was the most adventurous session I've had a chance to do, it was so much fun!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did :)

Sylvia was by far the best photographer I've had the chance to work with. We took our engagement photos with her on the beaches of Costa Rica and can say we felt so comfortable with her. Not once did we feel that we were "posing" everything was very comfortable and natural. Her views of her surroundings were unbelievable and they absolutely show in her photos. I was very happy with how they came out! Would recommend her anyday and not from around here with the trip ;)!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Thank you Melissa!!!

Meredith · Married on 05/07/2017

Sylvia is an amazing photographer! I was hesitant in the beginning because her prices seemed to be a few hundred dollars above the average, but the quality of her photos made it all worth it! Would absolutely recommend her services!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Caitlin · Married on 05/03/2017

I am SO happy we decided to have an amazing photographer for our wedding. Sylvia was so easy to chat to on the day, and made us feel completely comfortable. You are a genuinely kind person, Sylvia and it was such a pleasure to spend time with you on our wedding day!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Andrea · Married on 04/22/2017

Sylvia and her team were wonderful! Very attentive and professional! Our pictures are everything we dreamed about!

Sent on 08/19/2017