Susan La Reau Events

Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, 50503 View map Visit website

Hola!

I am Susan, I own SLE, a boutique wedding planning company serving all over Costa Rica. I have been planning weddings for over 12 years. I have a true passion for creating whimsical and romantic weddings and most importantly helping my clients to have an epic destination wedding withing their budget (big or small). I have high attention to detail (beacuse after working for Four Season you are not normal anymore haha!) I make planning fun and easy for my couples.

My personal wedding planning experience will keep you away of filling our forms and questioneries. My approach is way more personable, we will become friends, will chat via phone, video alls, texts and emails and even in person!

Whether intimate or large, I would love to help you plan your desrtination wedding!

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$2,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$5,700

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$50

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Hayley
    Hayley B. Married on 12/05/2020

Susan makes every wedding magical!

I never thought that I would have hired a wedding planner—that is until I met Susan. I thought it would be easy to plan my wedding by myself (boy was I wrong) since I had a general idea of what I wanted it to look like but I wasn’t sure how I was going to accomplish it all. Before Susan and I started working together, I was stressed trying to find my vendors, book a venue, and how I would pull it all off.

I hired Susan for full planning and design. She listened to everything I wanted and didn’t want. She took the ideas that before were just in my head and made them real life. She was the main point of contact for all the vendors which she recommended to me and we chose together. I honestly was never stressed about the wedding with her planning it! It was so nice to enjoy the rehearsal dinner without worrying if I had everything ready for the next day. It was even nicer when I got to sleep in and drink champagne with my bridesmaids while Susan worked her magic and put everything together.

The day of the wedding, Susan took care of EVERYTHING! If something went wrong she had it fixed before I even knew and made sure I was having a good time. She provided a sense of relief and direction I didn’t even know I needed until after I hired her. On top of everything, she is the kindest soul and has the best personal style! I will forever be thankful for Susan that she created my dream wedding.

Susan La Reau Events's reply:

Hayley and Trent,
    Thank you very much for your kind works! I miss you already! I had the best time planning together your big day! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the world :)
    You were gorgeous inside and out, not only on your wedding day but during all the planning. Thank you for the opportunity to plan your wedding day.
    xoxo

Susan
    Ashley Married on 09/02/2019

Wonderful wedding planning experience bc of Susan!!

My now hubby and I were in the beginning stages of our wedding planning when Susan was recommended to us. We looked at a few venues prior and selected a venue that recommended Susan. We were interested in finding someone who would help us with the details of planning. After having a conference call with Susan and telling her my vision and our wants for our wedding- I was really reassured and felt a lot better about the undertaking of wedding planning. My first call with Susan- I honestly felt like I had just got off the phone with a long time friend. Least to say, Susan left an impression. She is kind, professional, patient, trustworthy, and has an eye for detail (I promise). We hired Susan for full planning and design- reason mostly being a destination wedding. But I would 100% recommend her full planning because 1.) helping you organize the beginning stages and laying out a plan is key- she uses an incredible platform to stay organized 2. she offers a lot of reassurance for anything good or bad that comes up by quickly resolving issues and getting responses quickly 3. so many reasons, that after choosing her, you will know for yourself. In working with Susan, we were able to really appreciate all the effort planning our wedding took and to have someone care to make it even more beautiful and memorable than we could have imagined. If I could redo everything and have it turn out the same way- I would get married every weekend and this is because of Susan’s shear perfection!! She created what I never even dreamt- but in reality was ultimately my most perfect dream wedding. Thank you. You will not go wrong working with Susan!

For the Brides- wedding day, I was in complete joy!! Day was perfection, the production of everything being set up was seamless thanks to Susan’s high attention for organization; paying the vendors wasn’t a terrible task because Susan ensured that everything was in order; Susan made our wedding run smoothly from beginning to end! Her personal touch- irreplaceable.

Vernon wants to add- you should know that Susan cares. She aims for perfection and it is clear in her work. Because she cares- really- she’s priceless.

Ashley & Vernon
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 07/13/2019

My Dream Wedding Went Off Without a Hitch!

Susan worked tirelessly with me for months to create my dream wedding and it turned out absolutely perfect! From our initial FaceTime through every meeting leading up to the big day Susan was genuinely sweet and kind. She brought me a sense of calm and maintained poise and professionalism through all the troubleshooting that came along the way. She even got tough with vendors when it was necessary so I wouldn’t have to. Her talent for design and overall sense of style shined through the entire process and the end result was the most personalized and stunningly beautiful wedding I could have imagined. Hire Susan if you have absolutely no sense of design and can’t make decisions and trust her process. Also hire her if you know exactly what you want and she will execute every detail large and small. In either case you can’t lose with Susan! The weekend and day of our wedding Susan blew me away with her efforts. There was a package with our seating chart and table settings that did not arrive so Susan tracked down the package and picked it up! I forgot to buy 2 picture frames meant for our signature drink signs so Susan bought new ones and spray painted them gold to match our decor. Our guestbook was a watercolor portrait of our dogs (with the missing package mentioned before) but it was too wrinkled when she got it so she had the image printed out instead and it looked much better. Things that could have been major disappointments she solved immediately! To name a few things from the wedding day, she made sure our timeline ran smoothly, she took amazing pictures of us throughout so we would have something to look at while we wait for professional shots, she touched up my makeup after dancing, while taking photos I heard the DJ play a slower song but I wanted the party to amp up so Susan had him change it right away, she setup a marshmallow display for our fire pit that was lovely, and packed up absolutely everything (including the cake) and delivered it to me at our hotel the next day! Thanks to Susan my wedding was gorgeous and perfect because Susan worked to make sure any little hiccup was solved to the point where I didn’t even notice. I had a stress free, happy day thanks to her! You’re the best Susan!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Real Weddings

• Holly & Adam
    19 photos · 07/13/2019

El Velo Photography El Velo Photography Wedding Photographers

We have known and worked with Susan Flores for many years. She is artistic, talented and professional. She's detail oriented and puts together amazing events. We love working with her! El Velo Team

Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, 50503
617-712-8437
Location of (Susan La Reau Events)
2 casas después del mini super ruta 10 San Jose, CR, 11901 See on map