75 Dartmouth St, Falmouth, ME 04106 Map · Phone number

About Swoon Union Ceremonies

Hi, I'm Michelle - a wedding officiant and ceremony extraordinaire for adventurous dreamers and the wildly in love!

I am pioneering a new way to get hitched. A modern way that celebrates and honors your love with more genuine joy, meaning, and fun while focusing on what matters most. Your love for each other & the union you are creating.

I believe in ceremonies with soul and a story. Your story.

A writer and information gatherer at heart, I'm also a houseplant hoarder and a Modern Love binge reader. Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, I now call the coast of Maine my home.

Follow Swoon Union Ceremonies on
e8e8553f72d2025d 1515711833 76c444b4202b72fd 1515711832537 1 michelle cale wedd

4 Reviews for Swoon Union Ceremonies

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2018

From our first conversation with Michelle, we were sure we found the right person for us. We were both very unsure of what we wanted out of our ceremony and Michelle had ways of helping us figure it out. She gave us a really wonderful exercise with thoughtful questions, many of which we never thought to ask ourselves or each other, which helped us with the ceremony specifically but also brought us closer. Michelle was so enthusiastic and genuine in every interaction it helped us realize how important the occasion was.

As for the event, Michelle traveled 3 hours to join us! She came up the night before and spent a ton of time with us relaxing at the hotel and getting to know us and our family- way above and beyond what we could have hoped for. She even brought two thoughtful gifts for us. The day of, we had a large party bus to take us to Acadia. She rode with us- getting off at every stop and walking to all the attractions with us, even when some of our family went off on their own. She helped with my dress, held my bouquet, helped get my hair out of my face, and was just very present and supportive.

The ceremony itself was beyond expectations. Michelle gave us a copy of the ceremony and welcomed critiques and tweaks leading up to the day, and even though we'd read it a dozen times we were blown away by the sincerity, thoughtfulness, and genuine care in every word that day. My family was in complete amazement as well, and couldn't stop telling us how incredible she was- which for me was the most important thing, as they were her audience.

Sorry for being so wordy but I genuinely can't say enough about Michelle, we were so lucky to find her!

Swoon Union Ceremonies 1

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Michelle was a dream come true to find in the Maine wedding community. After not really thinking about having to "book" an officiant, I wasn't really sure where to start. Plus our extended families were split between very religious and not religious at all, so we needed a very unique standpoint to make everyone feel comfortable, but most importantly make it unique to us. We toyed with the idea of a family member officiating, but I'm so glad I realized that was NOT the way to go! Michelle's style was perfect for us. Modern, relaxed, fun...We had a 100% custom ceremony that was beyond PERFECT. It's all anyone could talk about at the reception. There was no other ceremony that they felt so engaged in. EVER! We put a lot of time into the discovery phase with Michelle, which actually felt a lot like the kick off point of our marriage. We uncovered deep emotions and recounted stories throughout our relationship that just brought these powerful feelings to the surface. We both surprised ourselves at how much we learned about eachother...even after being together for almost 10 years. I couldn't have imagined a better way to plan the ceremony. Michelle put us at ease with everything along the way. She ran everything from the rehearsal, getting everyone involved to be on the same page, getting extra copies of our vows, and following up with the marriage license filing. I'm so beyond happy we were able to find her! You get what you pay for, and Michelle is worth it and more!!

Swoon Union Ceremonies FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 499.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak? English