1018 W Erie St, Albion, MI 49224 Map · Phone number
Package Price $500
  • Deals 1

About Sunny Sky Events

Sunny Sky Events is a professional wedding planning service located in Albion, Michigan. Emily Cox, the founder and owner of the service, enjoys every aspect of event planning and focuses on the finer details of your special occasion, leaving you with memories to be cherished for a lifetime. Sunny Sky Events provides wedding planning services for wedding rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions.

Emily strives to deliver a flawless service to every client, working closely with them to develop an accurate understanding of their personal style, taste, and budget. This Albion-based wedding planning service has experience coordinating a variety of wedding styles including civil, eco-friendly, religious, and non-religious weddings. Sunny Sky Events provides the following planning services:

• Full-planning

Reception setup
4872885 n 51 1063257 1556653803

3 Reviews for Sunny Sky Events

Emily · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing day of coordinator!

Emily was our day of coordinator for our 10/19/19 wedding. I was super nervous to have someone takeover my 2 years of planning, but wanted me wedding day to be as stress-free as possible and have a "go-to" person. We had an initial call with Emily and after even just a few minutes I felt as if she was organized, asked really smart questions and definitely had experience. Emily was that and more!

She organized and helped with decoration set up/tear down, made sure to follow my instructions, set up the decorations in a really cute way, worked with the venue and vendors to make sure they all had what they needed, brought a huge tool box literally filled with all kinds of emergency preparedness items, and ran our rehearsal and coordinated for the wedding really well!

Emily asked all of the right questions, and then some! She had a few different tools that she used to make sure we were on the same page and I loved her day of timeline organization! She kept track of my entire wedding party (who was where and when) and made sure that things ran smoothly

During the week of our wedding, I had a few people in my wedding party add some unexpected hurdles. I was really upset and nervous, and Emily had me call her and we talked through our options. She was super understanding and let me know how she can make sure things wouldn't be affected/no one would notice. Fortunately, my party worked out the issues, but I was so thankful to Emily for the moral support!

At the wedding I was having some issues with the hem of my dress being too long (since I switched to sparkly gym shoes to dance) and Emily literally cut my wedding dress for me. That says a lot about trust I feel!

She made sure to call all my vendors the week of the wedding to introduce herself and check to make sure all their questions were answered, and generally went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I would highly recommend Emily to anyone looking for wedding coordination! Thank you, Emily!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Lesli

Lesli Vaughan · Married on 07/20/2019

Total Lifesaver! I would 1000% recommend!

Emily was absolutely a lifesaver for my husband and I. We had originally planned to do everything ourselves with some help from our families. About two months out, I realized there was no way that could happen without me going totally insane and without my mom sacrificing enjoying the wedding to serve as a DOC stand-in. This is where Emily came in. From the moment I first started talking with her, she was so flexible. She responded to my initial request quickly and was willing to set up a phone call to chat to make sure we were both a great fit. I’m a Type A personality, so I was super nervous about giving someone else control over my wedding day in any way, but after talking with her (she answered a million questions), I was totally relieved and felt comfortable hiring her to handle my big day.

About a month out from the wedding, Emily sent over a big questionnaire covering every aspect of the day. She gave me a heads up well in advance that the questionnaire might be a little overwhelming but assured me it would be helpful for her to make sure everything was perfect the day of. Over the next month, she continued to ask questions and clarify information we included in the questionnaire to make sure she totally understood our vision and that we had everything we would need to make the day go smoothly. Just her questionnaire is worth a ton. There were so many little things I would have absolutely forgotten without her help planning!

The days before the wedding, Emily was invaluable. We were planning to have an outdoor reception, but our wedding weekend was projected to be nearly 100 degrees. A couple days before the wedding, Emily very smartly (but kindly) suggested that we move it inside. I was bummed and a bit overwhelmed with the change, but Emily took care of everything – contacted all the vendors to let them know about the change, redesigned the reception layout, kept me updated throughout the process, and even bought a printer and card stock to make beautiful fans BY HAND two days before the wedding to be sure guests stayed cool. There’s no way I would have even thought of that. Bonus-- the fans turned out to be cute little favors!

I cannot imagine the day of the wedding without her. From the moment she first got there to the time she left she was constantly on the go making sure everything was absolutely perfect. Everything from decorating the ceremony and reception site, to running the rehearsal, to problem solving when a big rain storm threatened to hit right as the ceremony began, to clean up and packing my car long after I was gone, she did everything. I have heard from so many guests about things she did behind the scenes that I had no clue about day of-- seriously, using towels to wipe down the floor and make sure the rain didn’t get in the reception hall?! Everything turned out perfectly and I had to do absolutely no thinking or answer any questions the day of and neither did my family. She made sure everyone knew to contact her and not me, so that in her own words, “Your only job is to say I do and kiss a lot.” I never once was concerned about things working out, which, if you know me, says A LOT about how much I trusted her.

I would 1000% recommend Emily. We were lucky enough to get her for a great price as she is restarting her company in Michigan, but I predict she is going to be in very hand demand soon. Get her while you can!

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Carly

CarlyS. · Married on 03/31/2019

Amazing Wedding Planner and Coordinator!

Emily was our wedding coordinator and planner for our wedding in March, 2019. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. For folks who are looking for assistance with coordinating and planning their wedding: I would definitely recommend Emily, as she is intelligent, detail-oriented, responsible, organized, assertive, fun, and AWESOME! Below is a detailed explanation of my experience with Emily:

When my fiancé (and now husband) and I first talked to Emily about possibly coordinating our wedding, she explained a bit about her services: She expressed how she basically has the Bride and Groom’s back. She ensured the events would occur smoothly, the cake would stay in one piece, she would contact the vendors if they are running late, and she would make sure vendors did not leave early. She also expressed that she could help with the wedding rehearsal and the organization of the wedding events. We realized how much of an asset her services would be and we decided to work with her for our wedding.

About four months out from the wedding, she worked with my husband and I to discuss many aspects of wedding planning including the rehearsal, the ceremony, and the reception. During that first conversation, we had a plethora of questions, and she was extremely helpful in her responses. She provided insight about certain moments such as photo taking, ceremony music, and prepping the reception space with decorations. She offered to help set-up our reception area with the decorations and assist with any other set-up on the wedding day.

About a month out from our wedding, she emailed us a detailed wedding questionnaire checklist that included a contact sheet with all the information of our vendors on it, plans for the wedding day, and a timeline sheet that provided timeline information with start and end times for every event during the wedding rehearsal and wedding day. After I completed the questionnaire, she reached out to all of our vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page. She then took our timeline questionnaire questions and created a beautiful google spreadsheet timeline (with her contact information on it) that I was able to distribute to our friends and family at the wedding who were helping out. This was so very helpful as our bridal party, friends and family, knew exactly where to be, and when.

During the last month or so, I worked with Emily to fine tune the smaller details. I planned our wedding from out of state, so Emily and I communicated via email almost daily during that month. She was so awesome because she asked me questions about things I did not even think to organize such as: parking locations, organizing transportation assistance for the elders so they did not have to walk as far, rain back-up plans, who will transport wedding decorations, etc. Looking back, I could see so many things going wrong without her.

She organized and managed the wedding rehearsal. She introduced herself to the bridal party and made it clear that she was the one to be contacted for questions about the wedding, not the Bride and Groom. For us, it was such a relief!! Our phones finally stopped ringing and we were able to just relax for the wedding. Her fantastic personality and assertiveness was impressive, and we got many compliments about her during the rehearsal.

During the wedding, she was such a superstar. She helped with set-up in the morning and then she ensured the ceremony and reception went smoothly. I remember being so impressed with her on the wedding day. I literally saw her running back and forth to assist vendors and address any issues that came up. She was nothing but helpful and fun to work with. At the end of the day, she helped clean up, and because of her, I was able to take home important keepsakes such as our cake top and topper, some table decorations, and all of my stuff. Believe it or not, I didn’t lose a thing.

Overall, Emily is highly recommended for a smooth wedding experience. Thank you Emily!!!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Sunny Sky Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 250.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 750.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 50.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Sunny Sky Events 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• 1018 W Erie St Albion, MI, 49224 See on map
    Location of (Sunny Sky Events)