PO Box 40 1297 Bristol Road, Bristol, ME 04539 Map · Phone number
· Visit website

About Stone Cove Catering

Stone Cove Catering is a catering company located in Bristol, Maine. Specializing in Maine-style cuisine, Stone Cove serves the midcoast of Maine and has food options to fit almost any wedding. This catering company prides itself in creating menus that are as unique as the couple.

Stone Cove Catering is a full-service company that offers all kinds of foods for any wedding. From cocktail hors d'oeuvres to backyard barbeques or Maine-style lobster bakes, Stone Cove will have any variety of food to make the wedding day all that the couple envisioned.

Other Services
Stone Cove Catering also offers the services of a personal caterer that will work with couples to make sure they have everything they need on their wedding day. Other services include:

• Staffing

Stone Cove Catering 3
Stone Cove Catering 4
Stone Cove Catering 5

Samantha bowen · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Anonymous Recommendation Ever!!!

I wrote a lot here because wedding planning is tough and I wanted to include my entire experience for anyone stuck or lost so I separated into parts:
    Before the "Caterer Decision":
    I was sitting at a tiny restaurant in Portland discussing our recent engagement with my fiance at the time and a woman next to us recommended Stone Cove as they catered her daughter's wedding that summer in Boothbay. I am so grateful for that stranger's interruption because it led us to Stone Cove and after looking at some pictures we figured we would err on the side of fate and hire Leslie and her amazing team. From the first email to the last, they were efficient and always ready to answer questions and offer advice. Myself and my whole family are from NYC and my husband's from Maine and Stone Cove helped us create an experience that would wow the New Yorkers and surprise the Mainers and they exceeded our expectations.

Wedding Planning:
    I help plan galas for non-profits in Portland and I must be honest, wedding planning did not excite or intrigue me. I originally wanted to have dinner at a nice restaurant and skip all the hoopla. However, coming from two large families, that small dinner turned into a 150 person wedding on an island in Maine. Galas to me, are much easier. Weddings are tough because you have very close family members making requests/demands and the stress is intense. Enter Leslie and her team aka my heros. They coordinated with our party rental company, met with our venue operators (who were not the easiest to deal with), stepped in to answer my parent's questions to ease their worries and coordinated an amazing tasting (with drinks) at their barn which finally made weddig planning fun. Leslie was not just a caterer, she was a full fledged wedding planner and a friend during stressful times. When I had no clue where to start, she stepped in. She would kindly send me reminders when I procrastinated helping me stay on the wedding planning track. We are all human and when she ONE time (and one time only) made a small mistake, she immediately owned the mistake and made up for it with NYC bodega cups for the coffee bar that people still talk about. I find owning mistakes to be a credit to the integrity of a business and Stone Cove has integrity. They will not take from you but give.

Day of Wedding, Before Ceremony:
    Wow, when people say the day goes by quickly they really mean it. I thought I would have all the time in the world to make sure everything from flowers to tablecloths made it out to the island but I had no clue that there is never enough planning or time management to make it all happen within your time frame. Without Stone Cove, my wedding would have had 1/4 of the tables set, partially set decor and all the other decorations would have been stored in the back of the venue due to lack of time. From chats with Leslie over the months of wedding planning, she knew my vision without me ever having to specifically say it. I wanted the elegance from my NYC background mixed with the "laid back-ness" of my husband and I's life in Maine. The team did that and went beyond anything I could have imagined. I planned out all the decor of the wedding and got it to the island, they put it to fruition. They even set up the tables outside, flowers, pumpkins and helped with chairs for the ceremony. My vision paled into comparisson of what they put together. It was beyond perfection!

THE FOOD:
    With Stone Cove you get the most lovely wedding valet that brings you anything you need as you do not get one minute to yourself the whole time. We were able to actually try the passed Hors d'oeuvres (which were amazing!), the huge cheese plate and items from the raw bar. Our guests still talk about all the food! They loved talking with the lobsterman that ran the lobster bake and the pictures of the lobster bake came out amazing. I loved seeing the excitement guests had when breaking into lobsters and the chicken or veggie dishes! Food was the most important factor for my wedding so this was a big deal. The chicken dish was INCREDIBLE. I was most worried about this as most weddings have dried out, rubber-like chicken. However, this chicken was juicy and flavorful and I still dream about it. All of the sides were equally delicous and I was so proud of them! This is another aspect our guests still talk about and really, who talks about the food at weddings?? My guests do because of Stone Cove. I wanted a dessert table full of fall pies, Holy Donuts, a wedding cake and various treats so I purchased them and then SC made our dessert table one of the most glamorous and gorgeously fall things I have ever seen! They brought their own donut towers too!

During the Wedding:
    Leslie and her team wear ear pieces and conduct themselves like swat-team professionals. This was another aspect of the wedding that people still talk about. They were beyond impressed! One NY'r said "I feel like the secret service is running your event". I also very much appreciated that they were all in uniform. Leslie absolutely ran the wedding. She followed a timeline that she actually wrote up for me. When we were behind she would politely come up to me and get us all back on track. When I wanted something done, I would tell her, she would then talk into her earpiece and things got done. I still look back and wonder how my wedding would have gone past my arrival if it weren't for their team. Each and every employee was beyond kind, hardworking and professional.

Final Thoughts:
    Overall, my parents who have extremely high expecations (and paid for the wedding) were beyond happy. My mother, who usually finds something wrong with everything had not one thing to complain about. My father who doesn't show emotion often teared up a bit at how amazing the venue turned out and how well the whole night was orchestrated solely because of Leslie's team. Not to disparage other catering companies because they're great, but I have worked with many via events in town and am SO blessed that I accidentally found Stone Cove as they went beyond catering, became organizers, executers and friends and I never once felt like I was having to overpay. When you say "Wedding" to anyone, the price goes up 300% and Stone Cove never did that or made me feel that way. If you want a catering business that runs like a well oiled machine with the utmost integrity that will also make your wedding better than you envision, this is the one for you!!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Angela

Angela Collura · Married on 10/08/2019

Leslie and the Stone Cove team exceeded our expectations

We got married at French's Point in Maine this past August, and Leslie and the team at Stone Cove were fantastic to work with. They knew our other vendors from previous events and coordinated a bunch of details on our behalf w/o us needing to get involved... because we live in Boston we opted not to do a tasting, and were really happy with how all the food turned out. The sausage stuffed mushroom app was my fave!
    I have a gluten allergy (celiac) and was so appreciative of how easy they made that through out the whole process. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/08/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Stone Cove Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service?
    $ 90.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?
    $ 80.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations?
    $ 85.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?
    $ 10.00
    China
    Linens
    Flatware
    Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 35.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    House Beer
    House Wine
    Champagne Toast
  • What event services do you provide?
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide?
    Breakfast / Brunch
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tapas
    Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater?
    American
    Sandwiches
    Southern
    Southwestern
    Spanish
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    No Pork
    Kosher
    Nut Free
    Organic
    Vegan
    Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Liquor License
    Champagne Toast
    House Liquor
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide?
    Barware
    China
    Chocolate Fountain
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens

• Pretty Flowers
    Pretty Flowers Wedding Florists

Stone Cove Catering is an exceptional caterer. Their choices and presentation are a work of art and the staff is incredibly professional and knowledgable. We would highly recommend the grilled hilloumi!

• Pretty Flowers
    Pretty Flowers Wedding Florists

Stone Cove Catering is an exceptional caterer. Their choices and presentation are a work of art and the staff is incredibly professional and knowledgable. We would highly recommend the grilled halloumi!

• A Sweet Start
    A Sweet Start Wedding Officiants

Sarah and Todd, the owners of Stone Cove Catering, know what they're doing! They've been doing this work for many years and have it down pat. They're professional, responsive, and timely (they catered my wedding!). They've also been in Maine a long time and know a lot of local resources, which can be very helpful for out-of-town couples. I've worked with them at a few events and can definitely recommend their service.

• PO Box 40 1297 Bristol Road, 1297 Bristol Road Bristol, ME, 04539 See on map