Stone Cove Catering Reviews

Stone Cove Catering 4
Stone Cove Catering 5
Stone Cove Catering 6

Mia Dow · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing food and attentive service!

We were steered in the direction of Stone Cove by my mother who was not very thrilled with our choice of wanting BBQ for our wedding food. We did not want typical wedding food and were planning a non-traditional wedding where we wanted the food to echo our personalities and choices for the wedding day.

From the very beginning, Leslie wowed us! We had a lengthy call with her where we told her everything we like and don't like. We mentioned to her how we had wanted BBQ but my parents were hoping for something all of our guests would like. She immediately had a great idea of offering a variety of sauces to give it a BBQ feel without going full on BBQ. She worked with their chef and together they designed a menu totally unique to us and made us feel so special!

Any question or request we had Leslie took care of immediately! She made the planning process so easy which is huge when you are juggling multiple vendors. When we had our tasting a few months before the wedding we were so blown away at how good everything was...we left and said if it's 80% as good as that it will be unbelievable. Well...it was even better! How they are able to execute food for almost 80 people to the same level they do for 2 is not something I will ever understand. They totally knocked it out of the park! Leslie also helped us design signature cocktails which were perfect and our guests loved! The food was beyond amazing! It is not "wedding food". So far from it! The salmon we had was out of this world - our guests are all still talking about it as well as the late night night snacks of grilled cheese sandwiches (they did something magical to them...I don't know what but I'm still hearing about how much everyone loved them!) and soft pretzels.

Their service was impeccable - there was always someone nearby but no one hovered over us. When I asked if there were any appetizers left (since it was so crazy busy, I didn't get the chance to enjoy many of them) a plate of them was placed in front of me almost immediately. They were always asking if we needed drinks and what they could bring us.

Leslie and the team at Stone Cover are real gems - I am so happy we were able to work with them and have the most amazing food for our special day. They go above and beyond and we are so thankful and grateful we had the chance to work with them!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Emmie

Emmie Peterson · Married on 06/29/2019

Stress-free and delicious!

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Stone Cove Catering! The food was amazing and the staff were so easy to work with. Leslie and Cynthia organized everything for rentals and set up the whole venue using our decorations. Their help made the wedding day preps stress-free and and allowed us to truly enjoy every minute!

A couple of our favorites from the food selection were the chicken and waffle appetizer and the rosemary chicken. That being said, everything was delicious! We highly recommend this lovely, local business!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Tessa

Tessa · Married on 06/15/2019

Top notch experience and food

Stone Cove catered our welcome/rehearsal dinner, which was a traditional outdoor lobster bake. It was a highlight of the weekend for us and our guests! The lobsters, potatoes, clams, corn and blueberry cake were all fantastic, and to top it off, the experience of watching the Stone Cove team cook right over the fire was incredible! Sarah at Stone Cove is a true professional and her communication leading up to the event made us comfortable that she had everything under control. We are so thrilled to have had the chance to work with the Stone Cove team!

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Stone Cove Catering 7

Stone Cove Catering's reply:

Thank you Tessa!! It was a pleasure working with you and Ryan. Congratulations and enjoy being newlyweds!

Emily · Married on 10/21/2018

Amazing Food & Coordination, Excellent Value

We definitely made the right choice when we chose Stone Cove to be our wedding catering service. The food was absolutely top notch, which was important for us since we are foodies! Our main dish was apple cider glazed chicken on a bed of apples and leeks, and the chicken was so tender and flavorful. Each of the fall-themed salads, soups, and sides were mouthwatering, and they were happy to work with us to include a special recipe that reflected my husband's heritage as well. Our guests are still telling us how much they loved the food! We also love that Stone Cove works to locally source as much of their food as possible. Driving to our tasting, we saw the farm where they get their produce and it's just a few miles down the road from the 1812 Farm. Now that's local! :)

In addition, the quality of service from the folks at Stone Cove is excellent. From the get-go they were so easy to work with: they helped us easily put together a menu that matched our fall theme, they were patient, flexible, and helpful as we worked to finalize the menu to fit within our budget, they were very quick to respond to every question we had, and they worked seamlessly with our venue. In the final planning stages, they left no stone unturned (either with us or our venue coordinator!) and really helped us feel confident that the day would go off without a hitch - which it did!

On a final sidenote: we got married at A Barn in Dayton, which is 1.5 hours away, so we were initially hesitant to reach out to Stone Cove because we weren't sure if they'd travel that far. Do not let that worry you one bit! They absolutely were willing to travel. We are SO glad we chose them. They truly provide amazing food, are wonderful to work with, and are worth every penny!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Carin · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing to work with!

My husband and I got married in Maine in August, but live in Washington DC so we had to do lots of planning through emails, phone calls, etc. Stone Cove Catering served as our catering and wedding coordinator and they were honestly nothing short of amazing.

Leslie was our main point of contact and was incredibly responsive, organized, and super easy to work with. She did a fantastic job of juggling tons of different vendors for my wedding and making sure that all the details were taken care of. It was a huge load off of our shoulders to not have to worry about things getting done because we knew she was on top of it. My mother had some particular requests the day of, which Leslie gladly accommodated with a big smile on her face.

The food was very well received by all our guests (and we had some picky eaters) and Stone Cove did a great job doing all the wedding decoration set up. I wanted a simple, but elegant wedding and they turned that from a dream into a reality for me.

Big kudos to Leslie and the team at Stone Cove for a job well done! I'm so glad that we worked with them on our wedding and would strongly recommend them to anyone doing their wedding in Maine!!!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • I

Ixtla · Married on 07/28/2018

We worked with Stone Cove Catering through our venue, the 1812 Farm. The theme of our wedding was Mexico meets Maine, and they helped us incorporate this theme into our food. We had delicious mini tacos, guacamole with fresh fried chips, and margaritas alongside a classic New England lobster bake. Our guests, many of whom came from afar, loved everything and so did we. Everything was delicious!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Stone Cove Catering 8
    Stone Cove Catering 9
    Stone Cove Catering 10
    Stone Cove Catering 11
    Stone Cove Catering 12

Laura · Married on 06/30/2018

We are beyond thrilled with our choice to have Stone Cove cater our wedding! Coming from New York, we were very concerned with having delicious food, and they knocked it out of the park. I couldn't choose a favorite between the chicken and waffle skewers, the bacon wrapped scallops, the oysters the size of my head, the orzo, the mouthwatering steak... Leslie was our coordinator, and she was so incredibly nice, easy to work with, and on top of everything (and patient with my endless questions/changes!). On the day of the wedding, it seemed that every time we turned around, Leslie and her team were handling things for us and just generally going above and beyond--bringing water for our dog, rescuing a couple of our guests from ticks (!), unwrapping and distributing sparklers, etc. Also, Sadie the Bar Car was a HUGE hit with our guests. And shout out to Luke, who appeared at our side throughout the night (seemingly in a puff of smoke) with a smile and an appetizer or a drink, so we could focus on having fun with our guests and not missing a thing. Can't recommend Stone Cove highly enough!

Sent on 07/19/2018
  • Mallory

Mallory Bouchard · Married on 11/25/2017

Absolute Perfection

Starting with planning, Leslie was attentive to every detail and every idea my husband and I had for our reception. She helped us turn the beautiful 1812 Farm into the perfect Disney themed wedding reception! From the first steps of planning, to tasting our menu, to the day of can only be described as above and beyond. They were great with working around dietary restrictions which for us included gluten free options and vegan options for some of our guests. The day of crew was outstanding; their professionalism and service unmatched. I can't say enough about how smooth the process of working with Stone Cove Catering was. We can't thank Leslie and her crew enough for turning the happiest day of our lives into a life changing experience and one we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Nichole · Married on 10/07/2017

Leslie goes above and beyond for her clients. The food is phenomenal and at our tasting, Leslie made sure she had my favorite music playing on their speakers and she had my flower theme in a vase on the table. She listens to everything you tell her. She's super flexible and shes very responsive and accommodating. Chef Todd makes amazing food and even their tastings look beautiful. Sarah is also so great and has helped us out tremendously. Everyone here is very friendly and professional. We got barbecue food for our wedding with sauces on the side, but the meat was so amazing, it really didn't even need the sauce. The rub Chef Todd used is the best I've ever had. Such an amazing catering business and I recommend them to anyone. They aren't overly expensive, especially if you shop around and see all the other quotes around. And for the quality of food you get, Stone Cove Catering is just the right choice.

Sent on 05/05/2017
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 09/16/2017

Food was so important for us and Stone Cove did not disappoint. I kept walking away from my bridal shots after the ceremony to eat the hor'dourves because they were so good! Their staff was amazing. My daughters snuck in some wild requests (Shirley temples, milk over ice, just silly stuff you don’t have at weddings ha) and sure enough they went above and beyond to deliver! And our Maid of Honor commented to one of the servers she was gluten free, so she didn’t have to offer her the tempting food... So instead of ignoring her for the rest of the night she went and made a plate of food she could eat. It was just so many little things like that that made the difference. And the food. Wow. Just amazing.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Caity · Married on 08/05/2017

Stone Cove Catering was wonderful to work with, and our perfect day was in large part due to their wonderful coordination and amazing, amazing food. They helped coordinate rentals and other vendors, while providing amazing service the day of. All the staff were super helpful and friendly, and the coordinators were great about keeping in touch and responding to questions before, during and after the day. And the food was absolutely perfect, from the stationary appetizers down to the key lime pie and crème brulee we had for dessert. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Cody · Married on 10/01/2016

Stone Cove Catering is is simply the best! I can not say enough good things about them. Sarah was fun and easy to work with! She and her staff are professional and very hard working. The food (we had a lobster bake) was over the top the best. Sarah went above and beyond. She worked with my DJ on the timeline for the day, and with my key players at the wedding when I was not there. Sarah put my mind at ease with planning. I had to do all my planning long distance and Sarah just made everything easy for me. I can not thank Sarah and her team enough! Our wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Jackie · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I used Stone Cove Catering for our wedding one week ago and we simply cannot sing their praises enough! They are honestly the best! My guests are still commenting on how beautifully Sarah coordinated everything to how delicious the food was. I have never attended a wedding where I talked about the food days after! Sarah and her team did a magnificent job! There wasn’t a hair out of place on our wedding day! Furthermore, Sarah was a gem to work with! She has an amazing attention to detail and asked questions I never would have thought of asking. Sarah provided many suggestions to help us achieve the perfect day. Not to mention her calm and lovely disposition! Our wedding surpassed our expectations; between the tent, lighting, decorations, menu and set-up. Do not hesitate for a minute and book Stone Cove Catering for your next event!

Sent on 09/06/2016

MOLLY · Married on 08/20/2016

Stone Cove caterers were so easy to work with right from the start! The team met us in our remote Maine camp wedding site on a snowy day in March yet could see exactly what our vision was and pulled it off perfectly on a gorgeous evening in August. We especially loved their flexibility such as providing a bartender and bar for the reception to take over our self-service from the week-end event while still using our bounty of beverages and signature cocktails. The cocktail hour was so spread out as guests gathered on docks, pathways or stayed in the amphitheater following the ceremony. These servers were not deterred, following everyone far and wide with delicious trays of petite lobster rolls, grilled halloumi drizzled with balsamic and local artichoke phyllo cups. This of course was just the beginning, the reception buffet that followed was outstanding and guests continue to sing it's praises.
    Stone Cove also provided the exact look we were hoping for with unclothed farm tables in our natural lakeside reception setting. We also had a very late dance floor glitch and they were able to secure what we needed within a day. This company is professional in every way and the value for service provided is superb.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Jaime · Married on 08/06/2016

I called Stone Cove Catering based on their 5 star reviews and close proximity to our wedding venue. Unfortunately, they were all booked up for our wedding day. However, the lobsterman they do their lobster bakes with, Jason Lord, was available. He was phenomenal. Amazing food, great, great guys, and so many of our wedding guests said it was the best food they've ever had at wedding. The owners at Stone Cove also sent me a list of BBQ caterers to pair with the lobsterbake, and I had success with their recommendations. I felt Stone cove went above and beyond for me, and they didn't have to. So thankful to them for giving me Jason's number, and for their help in finding a BBQ caterer as well. Call Stone Cove for catering. Whether you go the lobsterbake route or otherwise, they were a wonderful, professional company to communicate with. Thank you, Stone Cove Catering!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Teresa · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Stone Cove catering. Sarah was responsive, accommodating, and really made our vision come to life. She had great ideas and made sure everything we had everything we wanted. We even had a dedicated wait staff for just us the whole evening, which was a lovely surprise! The food was delicious and the displays were beautiful.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Elyse · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I feel so grateful for all Sarah's expertise and guidance to create an amazing wedding celebration we'll never forget!

She consulted with us over the phone (we live in New York), and met with my mom in person several times to go over all the details and visit our non-traditional venue. She always promptly answered our many questions and helped us troubleshoot any of our concerns. She was so professional, friendly, calm, grounded - just what we needed to help pull this off.

Sarah was especially important for me during our rehearsal! Whenever I felt like I was unsure of what was happening or got a little tense, I looked over at Sarah and felt so reassured because it was like she could read exactly what was going on in my mind. She had it all together and under control. She knew exactly when to step in, when to support and listen to me, and how to handle everyone. I was so thankful to have her there at that moment and made me completely relax knowing I could sit back and enjoy on the wedding day.

We felt like everything flowed perfectly throughout the whole wedding day and we KNOW that was because of Sarah and the Stone Cove Catering team. Sarah was not only our caterer, but acted as a coordinator of the day too, which was so helpful. Our guests were raving about the food and service! Sarah made sure we got to eat, thank goodness because it was delicious. (We decided to serve steak to an Argentinian crowd - which is tricky because they know good steak very well - and they were not disappointed. They loved it!). We also had some food sensitivities in the crowd and she made sure her servers knew the ingredients and how to accommodate - including a gluten free blueberry pie during the 'pie cutting' for me.

It's obvious that Sarah and Stone Cover Catering are experts at this and they come very highly recommended!

Sent on 08/11/2016
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 06/25/2016

Sarah and her team catering our waterfront wedding in tenants harbor, Maine and we could not be happier with how things turned out. Not only was the food amazing, so much so that all of our guests gave unsolicited compliments, but Sarah helped to walk us through every step of the whole process. When we had concerns about the financial side of things, she helped us find ways to cut costs. When we had questions about family style versus buffet, she helped us weigh the pros and cons. When we didn't know how to cut the cake, she helped us through that too. Sarah and stone cove catering are the definition of professional and I cannot recommend their catering service highly enough. Whether you're planning your wedding, or just a party, stone cove catering will go out of their way to make sure everything is both lovely and goes smoothly. Thank you Sarah.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Katie · Married on 09/05/2014

Sarah and her staff were the best! I planned my wedding from FL and didn't have to worry once about how things were going. She is organized and on top of everything from the beginning to the end. The food was amazing and her staff were friendly and professional. We can't thank them enough for making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Stone Cove Catering was an absolute highlight of our wedding. We have received so much positive feedback about the dining experience/presentation that our guests are now asking for the contact information of our caterer. The staff were enthusiastic, wonderful and happy and they leant a lot to the success of our wedding. We are incredibly thankful we went with Stone Cove Catering for a night we will never forget!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Mallory · Married on 07/20/2013

WOW!! What a find!! Thank you to Sarah and the rest of her staff for helping make our wedding so special. It was an amazing party and we got more comments saying it was the best wedding people had ever been to! It wouldn't have been possible without their help! Great food and great service!!

Sent on 07/24/2013

I used Stone Cove Catering for my wedding at a venue separate from the 1812 farmhouse (which I would have loved but did not work for our schedule). Our venue was near the Belfast area, and I was thrilled that they serviced that far north. Sarah and her crew were amazing. Everyone RAVED about the food, the service, and the presentation. Sarah was a great support, and was so willing to make our wedding work for us the way that we wanted. She had some fantastic ideas and suggestions, took time from her schedule to meet with us--we were planning a remote wedding and she was so accommodating with our schedules and availability. Above all, she was always prompt and professional. It was wonderful to have her there to seamlessly move the event forward. I am so thrilled I chose Stone Cove Catering and highly recommend to anyone in that region of Maine looking for an excellent caterer!!

Sent on 06/18/2013
  • Maine Bride

Faye · Married on 07/21/2012

Choosing Sarah of Stone Cove Catering to cater our wedding was the best decision my fiancé and I made. We had our wedding on a farm under a tent, so we had to organize a lot of rental details; Sarah helped us take care of everything. She is incredibly organized, quick to respond, and a joy to work with. She also has a great relationship with many wedding vendors, which helped us a lot in the planning process. I was nervous about not having a wedding planner, but Sarah really took a lot of the burden off my shoulders in advance of the event. Day-of, she ran the show flawlessly. And most importantly, guests thought the food was delicious!!!

Sent on 08/05/2012

I cannot say enough to recommend Stone Cove Catering. The food was amazing - but their services did not stop at feeding our guests. Anytime you had any question, Sarah would be there to give you sound information almost immediately. Even though our wedding took place on a unseasonably hot day, I swear she drop a bead of sweat from the start of our planning to the conclusion of the wedding weekend. Sarah can do what most people can't - she can see the big picture and the details all at the same time. She gave us an itemized estimate that included the price of every fork, plate, table cloth, light bulb, etc. And she did not include a fee for securing the rentals. She said that it was better that she knew what she was getting for the day of. Her services also included serving as the point person for the day of the wedding. She made everything so easy.

This company understands hospitality. Their staff consists of the kindest servers and bartenders. During our wedding one of the waitstaff members came up to my husband and me to tell us how wonderful we were and that our wedding was full of beautiful people. I did not expect that compliment. It made me feel like I pulled off planning a wedding without anyone perceiving me as a "bridezilla" and I felt good about that. Additionally, when I walked up to the bar to ask for Sarah the bartender immediately took care of what I needed.

Ok, but on to the food. Sarah made me sit down and eat some of it for a few minutes during the reception. I can't say that I ate it all - but our guest assured us that they loved what they had for dinner. The food was hot and fresh and that is not easy when you are plating 200 meals at a time. Sarah also gave us the name of a great cake baker. The cake cutting was the only bite I got - but a delicious one at that. Sweet Sensations did a great job!

You cannot go wrong using Stone Cove Catering.

Sent on 08/09/2012