32 Mechanic St, New Haven, CT 06511 Map · Phone number

About Stephen Wang Photography

Hello, and welcome! I'm Steve Wang - photographer, explorer, tinkerer, and all around super nice guy. I grew up in Haddam, CT, and now I live in Wallingford with my wonderful wife Danielle and our two kitties, Chloe and Simon. I have a penchant for remembering odd factoids, offering riddles, and telling terrible (i.e., amazing) jokes. As someone who can easily geek out about science, design, and art, I've always been naturally drawn to photography.

But I've found that photography isn't just a passion or a career, it allows me to connect with people in a unique way. It gives me the opportunity to celebrate human togetherness, reflect peoples' own character through images, and create something meaningful.

As your photographer, you can be sure that I'll bring a creative eye, technical expertise, a friendly smile, and a big heart to capture your personality and document the story of your day. I'll probably even throw in a dad-joke or two. Take a look around at my work, and feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk more. Thanks for stopping by!

www.stephenwangphotography.com

Stephen Wang Photography 6
Stephen Wang Photography 7

Victoria B · Married on 02/16/2019

Winter Wedding with Stephen Wang Photography

My husband and I recently worked with Stephen Wang Photography for our winter wedding in Beacon, NY. From start to finish, Steve was incredible to work with. Prior to our wedding, he kept a constant line of communication, answering our many questions, accommodating any changes we wanted with ease and flexibility, and guiding us through exactly how the wedding day would be structured. Prior to meeting us on the wedding day, Steve scouted out several locations for photos and came prepared with great ideas. He seamlessly moved between locations, organizing group photos, couple shots, and even our first look, all while keeping us on schedule and exuding a much-needed sense of calm! We just received access to our photos online, and couldn't be more thrilled with the quality and breadth of photos in the album! We hope to work with Steve again in the future, and highly recommend him to those looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Valerie · Married on 10/14/2017

Stephen Wang did a great job on our wedding photos. Guests mentioned several times how unobtrusive and friendly he was. It's quite obvious because the candid shots came out great. We certainly found him extremely easy to work with and his price is fair. Our photos came out so beautiful! You cannot go wrong with choosing him as your photographer.

Sent on 04/11/2018
    Stephen Wang Photography 8

Paiten · Married on 09/30/2017

For us, choosing our photographer for our wedding had to be the most important and difficult decision we had to make. We did A LOT of research and reviewed numerous photographers’ galleries and albums to figure out which type of style we were looking for. We found Stephen Wang Photography when our wedding venue shared a Halloween themed wedding he had shot, and fell in love with his creative style, his unique angles, and how he captured every detail of the quirky couples love for each other. When meeting with Stephen, he was very personable and I love that he had us play an icebreaker game. Turns out we’re both cat people, love The Walking Dead, and have so many more things in common. We really liked that he wanted to get to know us as a couple, and us get to know him, rather than him just shoving big numbers in our face and say pick me. Fast forward to the day of our wedding; Stephen made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera and together with the 2nd photographer Bill Fritz, they made the entire process so much fun! Even when it had started raining just 10 minutes after our first look had started, Stephen didn’t let it faze him and he was able to still capture the most beautiful artistic and creative portraits of us inside. He went above and beyond to make the best of a “wet” situation and we were extremely impressed, especially after seeing the pictures. Astoundingly, Steve had all the pictures ready for us to view just 3 weeks after our wedding! My husband and I could not get over how beautiful they came out and how well Steve had captured every single detail we had spent so much time and effort planning. What I loved most of all was that Steve was able to capture the love between my husband and I, and the reactions of our loved ones around us. I can’t thank Stephen Wang enough for photographing and being apart of one of the most important days of my life, and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/25/2017
    Stephen Wang Photography 16

Stephen Wang Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,150.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,150.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• Fritz Photography
    Fritz Photography Wedding Photographers

Stephen was our wedding photographer and he blew us away with his images! He is a genuine down to earth person with a great sense of humor. He kept us laughing on our wedding day and even dressed up for our Halloween wedding reception. He has such an eye for photography, works fluently with other vendors and the final images blew us away. We are so grateful to Stephen for such a wonderful gift of his work! You won't go wrong hiring Stephen for your special day!

• Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace
    Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace Wedding Officiants

With a warm smile and bow-tie, Stephen is your gifted story teller who creates incredible images of your special day and memories that will last a lifetime. I had the opportunity to work with Stephen at a wedding in Wallingford, CT. He never skipped a beat and always had a smile on his face. Stephen is truly gifted photographer and I would highly recommend him to everyone who are looking to capture their important moments in time.

• 32 Mechanic St New Haven, CT, 06511 See on map