3111 Hemlock Forest Circle, Raleigh, NC 27612 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,000
Availability Check your date

About Stephen Thrift Photography

My name is Stephen and I am a Raleigh based photographer, originally from the Greensboro / High Point area. I consider myself blessed that I can wake up and do something I love. I spent a small portion of my life in the corporate world and realized I would rather photograph it than work there permanently. With the world as my backdrop and all of the people as my cast members, I enjoy hearing each person's story, whether it's a bride planning her wedding or a new business owner launching their business for the first time.

I have had the pleasure of photographing over 100 weddings in many different scenarios from rain to shine. I have travelled to New York City for an incredible destination wedding and will travel anywhere worldwide. I attend many continuing education workshops many times a year and constantly believe in re-educating myself. My work has been featured in many publications including Triad Weddings Magazine, O. Henry Magazine, and US Airways Magazine.

Follow Stephen Thrift Photography on

ncphotographer01
bd50cb153768ac99 1473870579390 063weddingstraleighphotographer

24 Reviews for Stephen Thrift Photography

Erin · Married on 04/07/2018

I knew from the first time that I met Stephen that I wanted him for our wedding photographer. His beautiful work speaks for itself and I could not have been happier with our wedding pictures. While I am someone who hates to have their picture taken, Stephen made the entire process fun and enjoyable. He is also great at giving advice on how to best position yourself for pictures, a wonderful attention to detail, has a great eye for creative and unique photos. We also received our pictures very quickly after the wedding, which I really appreciated.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Heather · Married on 10/01/2016

I'm not quite sure how to begin this review, as I really just want to gush about how incredible Stephen is! He was one of the first decisions we made during planning - we knew that photography was one of our top priorities, so we met with a lot of folks. After meeting with Stephen however, we knew he was right for us - not only did he share an amazing range of work, his personality is what really sold us. It was like we had known him for years. With us living in New York City & planning a wedding in North Carolina, he was so accommodating with scheduling sessions and always available to chat as needed, which was so important.

Stephen captured all our major events leading up to our big day (even so graciously offering to do a second engagement session as our first was rained out...but not before we were able to get some incredible shots!) Before the wedding, we spoke a lot about what was most important for us, what we wanted covered, timing, etc. so when the day arrived, this was one less thing to stress/worry over. Stephen and his two assistants did such a magnificent job at capturing all the details of our ceremony and reception. Many of these same details were those we had invested so much time & energy into, but seemed to get lost in the shuffle of the day's events - which makes the photos we have even more special!

Stephen couldn't be more professional, accommodating and fun if he tried. During the entire planning process, working with Stephen brings back some of our favorite memories. Looking ahead to the future, we'll definitely work with Stephen again for any and all family photography needs. He's absolutely the best and Tyson & I can't begin to thank him for all the incredible photo memories we now have to share with our family and friends.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Beverly · Married on 09/27/2014

Breathtaking . . . this is the word my family and friends use to describe the photographs by Stephen Thrift. When my mother and I first met Stephen we were blown away by the quality of his work and his professionalism. We contracted with Stephen that day for my Engagement, Bridal and Wedding photographs. Each session with Stephen was fun, relaxing and creative; including our wedding day! Even our wedding party and guest were comfortable with Stephen and enjoyed being photographed! Our pictures exceeded my expectations and captured the moments! I could not be happier!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Stephen Thrift Photography's reply:

Beverly thanks so much for your review! I had a blast at all three sessions and really enjoyed meeting you and Doug's family! I'm glad I was able to document your beautiful wedding at the Gardens for you. I look forward to keeping in touch with you guys in the future! :)

Stephen Thrift Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• Songbirds Bridal, Formal & Consignments
    Songbirds Bridal, Formal & Consignments Wedding Dresses

I have done several photo shoots with Stephen over the last few years. Not only are his photos amazing but he is extremely reliable & flexible and has gone above & beyond to help my store out. I have used several of his photos of our gowns on Facebook & in ads and zi highly recommend him!

• Knots 'N Such
    Knots 'N Such Wedding Florists

I can't say enough good things about Stephen. His work is awe-inspiring. I could literally gaze at it all day! He's also a pleasure to work with, which is so important for a couple on wedding day!

• Rocky Top Catering
    Rocky Top Catering Wedding Caterers

Working with Stephen has been a wonderful experience. His work speaks for itself, as Stephen has been able to bring a refreshing photography experience to the Triangle area. We have used him for in many capacities, and he is nothing less that exceptional. Any happy couple should be happy to have Stephen at their side for their wedding day!

• 3111 Hemlock Forest Circle Raleigh, 27612 See on map