New York, NY 10292 Map · Phone number

About Sissi Chan

At a very early age, I was inspired by the arts and have been obsessed with making things with my hands ever since. I have always loved to paint, draw, and craft. I grew up in New York City and couldn't help but become fascinated with fashion and beauty as well. I started to play around with my own hair and makeup and it became an important part of my personal style and how I choose to express myself to the world. After years of career hunting and soul searching, I continued to be passionate about hair and makeup. I would style my friends and their friends and more friends of friends for events and weddings. As I got busier and busier it finally dawned on me that this is what I was meant to do. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Arts, then went on to graduate from the New York International Beauty School and became a New York State licensed cosmetologist.

I have worked with a wide range of clients and always aim to achieve their most glamorous side while maintaining an elegant look. It is a tremendous honor to play a role in one of the most important days of a woman’s life and the joy I feel making each bride feel their most beautiful and happy at the start of their special day is immeasurable. I am thankful for every bride who has let me into their lives, allowing me to continue this amazing adventure and career that found me.

LogoSquare
LogoSquare

36 Reviews for Sissi Chan

Cali · Married on 08/07/2015

Sissi is amazing!! Having booked her for my City Hall wedding (I live out of state), I did not book a trial for my hair/make-up with her. Sissi came to my hotel room the morning of my wedding, which helped make the process so much more comfortable, especially since I'm not from NYC. Sissi took my Pinterest photos, and made my vision a reality. Sissi is so talented and has such a calming presence (much appreciated for a bride!). I had so much fun with her while getting ready and I can't thank her enough for making me look and feel the most beautiful I've ever felt for my wedding day.

Sent on 08/10/2015

I cannot recommend Sissi highly enough. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as a trial beforehand. During both the trial and my wedding day, she arrived punctually, was calm and professional, and did the best job I could've imagined! It was so easy to communicate with her throughout the process, and her rates are very reasonable. She is an amazing hair and makeup artist.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Jamie · Married on 04/29/2014

Sissi was a great part of my day, she helped put me at ease with her relaxed attitude on the morning of the ceremony... and even helped me into my dress at the last minute. I felt very special and beautiful, thanks to Sissi!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Sissi Chan FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 175.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 200.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 200.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 175.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 200.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 225.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 200.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What beauty services do you offer? Hair, Makeup
  • What hair services do you offer? Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer? Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

• Moetic Films
    Moetic Films Wedding Videographers

Sissi Chan is by far one of the most awesome NYC peeps we know. We had the chance to film her wedding and have been friends ever since. We know she does amazing work because we've also had the chance to work along side her as well. It's not just her talent as a hair and makeup artist, but her personality shines and is extremely easy to connect with. You can't go wrong with her!

• Jenna Drudi
    Jenna Drudi Wedding Hair & Makeup

Amazing artist that I have had the pleasure of working with several times. Always impressed with Sissi's work!

• Susan Shek Photography
    Susan Shek Photography Wedding Photographers

Sissi Chan is one of my favorite vendors to work with. She is professional, organized and always makes the bride look so beautiful! She lives near me too, so we collaborate on a lot of weddings together. She is on all of my vendor recommendation lists.