Philadelphia, PA 19102 Map · Phone number

About Shannon Collins Photography

Hi, I'm Shannon. I'm a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in Philadelphia. When I'm not shooting weddings, editing photos, or watching an embarrassing amount of Bravo programming, I'm looking after my two children. I also live with a neurotic dachshund and chinchilla named Maude (and a husband named Pete). I like animals more than people most days. Elopements, intimate weddings, feminist weddings, destination weddings, self-uniting weddings, and LGBTQ weddings make me even more excited to wake up in the morning. Summary: I really like being a wedding photographer. More about me? I volunteer for The Trevor Project every week as a crisis counselor for their LGBTQ suicide prevention messaging services. My glasses fog up all the time. I'm podcast-obsessed. I like refreshing Instagram a little too much. I wish Lizzo was my friend. I wish Leslie Knope was my neighbor. I apologize too much. And I love love.

So many people reach out to me to let me know they're awkward or anxious in front of the camera. If that is you, you are my people. I'm here to make you more comfortable and ideally forget that I'm tucked away behind a bush somewhere while you cuddle your partner. I promise not to force poses that don't seem organic to who you are as a couple. Instead, I pride myself in letting moments happen naturally, while guiding you along the way. I want your wedding day to be filled with positive vibes, so I'll work with you leading up to the day to make sure the timeline flows smoothly and you feel as prepared as possible. Weddings are incredibly personal, so I feel really privileged that I get to call this my profession. Capturing celebrations while focusing on color, composition, and getting to really know the people whose story I'm telling is what makes me happy.

Follow Shannon Collins Photography on

awbury arboretum wedding 213 51 540764 1565121529

38 Reviews for Shannon Collins Photography

• Sami

Sami Clark · Married on 12/15/2019

Shannon is simply the best

Shannon is the best, y'all. The absolute best. Where do I start?
    As a person, she's incredibly sweet and so funny. Shannon had us cracking up the entire time we worked with her and she was always down to talk about reality TV. She's super easy to communicate with and responds so quickly.
    We worked with her for both our engagement photos and wedding day. In the middle of our engagement session, I turned to my then-fiance and was like, "You know what? I want to invite Shannon to our wedding." And then he reminded me uh, we already had in a way. Oops. She's that much of a dream to work with, that you feel like she's your new best pal after spending an hour together.
    When it comes to pictures, Shannon's amazing. Both my husband and I wear glasses and that was a major concern for us. We wanted to make sure we had someone who could work with them, not have glare in all our photos, and also not ask us to take them off. It was literally not an issue at all for Shannon. Every photo is perfect. She captured our personalities so well and had us try fun poses that resulted in great pictures. If there was something we really wanted to do or take a picture with, she made sure to accommodate us and get all the photos we wanted.
    On the day of the wedding itself, she was such a dream. Shannon was flexible in terms of schedule but still made sure we got all of our pictures. Everything went so smoothly and that is in thanks to her. Truly looking forward to working with her again for a family session.
    I cannot recommend Shannon enough. She's the best.

Sent on 01/14/2020

Liz · Married on 09/28/2019

Shannon is wonderful

From our first email exchange with Shannon, my fiance and I felt completely at ease. Actually, from our first time visiting her website, where she welcomed her “fellow awkward and shy” people, we had a good feeling about working with her. As two people who aren’t necessarily comfortable being in the spotlight, we were nervous about whether we could ever look natural in front of the camera on our big day. We first met Shannon in person for our engagement shoot around South Philly, and our feelings of nervousness just melted away. She was so kind and funny and warm, and we felt like we were hanging out with a friend. When we got the full collection of engagement photos, we felt that they truly captured moments of joy — and we felt even more confident in our decision to have Shannon shoot our wedding.

Shannon was super organized and communicative leading up to the wedding, and provided a detailed timeline for the day. On the big day itself, she did a wonderful job working with us, our bridal party and our families to make sure that we all felt comfortable and at ease. The whole photography portion of the day just felt so effortless (not just for us — others mentioned how personable and on top of things Shannon was, too). When we got our full set of wedding photos back, we were just overjoyed. Shannon did an incredible job of artfully and authentically capturing all the moments of the day — the ones that we lived ourselves, as well as the other moments (details, people mingling, etc) that we couldn’t fully take in.

We had a great experience working with Shannon, and could not recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Anastasia

Anastasia H. · Married on 09/26/2019

The absolute best.

Reviews can be hard to write, especially when you have so many good things to say you don’t know where to start! So how about this: Shannon Collins is the best. I fell head over heels with her just by browsing her website – I knew that I had found not only a talented eye but a kindred spirit and told my (soon to-be) husband “I think I found our photographer” before I even filled out the contact form. She answered immediately and I knew we were going to hire her – if anything alleviates the nerves of wedding planning it is immediate/constant communication and Shannon is THAT person. Love. Both my husband and I hate having our photo taken and were super nervous about that part of the day. Shannon made it not only painless but fun, which was totally unexpected. She’s unbelievably kind and friendly, and her self-depreciating humor made two very awkward people feel entirely at ease, even while she suggested tips and better poses. As for the day itself she was super accommodating, and never forced anything on us. She graciously adjusted our package by 15-minute intervals (!) and had no complaints about our rather unoriginal location choices. She went above and beyond my expectations; recommending the best florist (Vault + Vine), staying late when our City Hall ceremony took longer than expected, and sending us our photos within a week. Shannon is a genuinely lovely person, and just the sort of energy you need on your wedding day. You will not regret hiring her – thank you, Shannon, for making our special day that much more special!

Sent on 04/18/2020

Award

• Philadelphia, PA, 19102 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Shannon Collins Photography)