Philadelphia, PA 19102 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,000
Availability Check your date

About Shannon Collins Photography

Hi, I'm Shannon. I'm a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in Philadelphia. When I'm not shooting weddings, editing photos, or watching an embarrassing amount of Bravo programming, I'm looking after my two children. I also live with a neurotic dachshund and chinchilla named Maude (and a husband named Pete). I like animals more than people most days. Elopements, intimate weddings, feminist weddings, destination weddings, self-uniting weddings, and LGBTQ weddings make me even more excited to wake up in the morning. Summary: I really like being a wedding photographer. More about me? I volunteer for The Trevor Project every week as a crisis counselor for their LGBTQ suicide prevention messaging services. My glasses fog up all the time. I'm podcast-obsessed. I like refreshing Instagram a little too much. I wish Lizzo was my friend. I wish Leslie Knope was my neighbor. I apologize too much. And I love love.

So many people reach out to me to let me know they're awkward or anxious in front of the camera. If that is you, you are my people. I'm here to make you more comfortable and ideally forget that I'm tucked away behind a bush somewhere while you cuddle your partner. I promise not to force poses that don't seem organic to who you are as a couple. Instead, I pride myself in letting moments happen naturally, while guiding you along the way. I want your wedding day to be filled with positive vibes, so I'll work with you leading up to the day to make sure the timeline flows smoothly and you feel as prepared as possible. Weddings are incredibly personal, so I feel really privileged that I get to call this my profession. Capturing celebrations while focusing on color, composition, and getting to really know the people whose story I'm telling is what makes me happy.

Follow Shannon Collins Photography on

Shannon Collins Photography 6
Shannon Collins Photography 7

Stephanie · Married on 12/08/2018

Shannon is the BEST!

We absolutely loved working with Shannon for our engagement and wedding photos. She is extremely talented, made us feel comfortable from the start, and was both professional and fun to work with. Upon meeting her for our engagement photos, she made us feel like we were friends, which made getting our photos taken much easier. From the very beginning she helped us establish our timeline for the wedding day and this was incredibly helpful. She was anticipating questions before we even asked them and was super responsive to all of our questions leading up to our wedding day. She was a vendor that we had no concerns about going into the day. On our wedding day, she did a fantastic job managing the many different personalities. She has a natural positivity and happiness that helped to contribute to the positive vibe of our entire wedding day. Shannon was flexible throughout our day while keeping us on track. The second shooter that Shannon hired for the wedding day was also wonderful, very helpful and a great personality. After the wedding, we were very impressed by her quick turn-around with getting us our photos. We think that our wedding photos captured the day and night perfectly and recommend Shannon 1000000%!

Sent on 03/03/2019
  • Katie Beth

Kate · Married on 09/29/2018

Fabulous photography!

Shannon did a fabulous job of capturing us on our wedding day. She's very easy to work with and has great ideas. My husband is super awkward when it comes to cameras and truly dislikes being the center of attention or having his photo taken, but after our engagement session, he told me out of the blue how much he enjoyed working with Shannon, that she put him at ease right away.
    We didn't want anything to feel overly posed, and she did a stellar job working with us to accomplish that and still have amazing results. She captured so many wonderful, emotion-filled moments. Her turn-around was lightning quick, and we couldn't be happier with our photos!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Shannon Collins Photography 8
    Shannon Collins Photography 9
    Shannon Collins Photography 10
    Shannon Collins Photography 11
    Shannon Collins Photography 12

Andrew Serota · Married on 09/22/2018

Excellent!

One of the reasons we chose Shannon is because Shannon's aesthetic and body of work feels very personal, playful, and colorful, which is very much like Shannon herself.

Shannon could not have been a better fit for us. Shannon was organized, responsive, flexible, and easy to work with. Her work is so impressive, meaning the quality of Shannon's eye and the physical quality of her prints, that even I, a former wedding photographer and holder of a Bachelors in Fine Arts from the School of Visual Arts in photography, am overtaken with appreciation and gratitude for the excellent pictures Shannon creates.

If we could do it all over, we would choose Shannon again.

Sent on 10/26/2018