Shannon Collins Photography

Abington, PA View map
$4,000 Most Popular Price

$4,000 Most Popular Price

Hi, I'm Shannon. I'm a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in Philadelphia. When I'm not shooting weddings, editing photos, or watching an embarrassing amount of Bravo programming, I'm looking after my two children. I also live with a neurotic dachshund and chinchilla named Maude (and a husband named Pete). I like animals more than people most days. Elopements, intimate weddings, feminist weddings, destination weddings, self-uniting weddings, and LGBTQ weddings make me even more excited to wake up in the morning. Summary: I really like being a wedding photographer. More about me? I volunteer for The Trevor Project every week as a crisis counselor for their LGBTQ suicide prevention messaging services. My glasses fog up all the time. I'm podcast-obsessed. I like refreshing Instagram a little too much. I wish Lizzo was my friend. I wish Leslie Knope was my neighbor. I apologize too much. And I love love.

So many people reach out to me to let me know they're awkward or anxious in front of the camera. If that is you, you are my people. I'm here to make you more comfortable and ideally forget that I'm tucked away behind a bush somewhere while you cuddle your partner. I promise not to force poses that don't seem organic to who you are as a couple. Instead, I pride myself in letting moments happen naturally, while guiding you along the way. I want your wedding day to be filled with positive vibes, so I'll work with you leading up to the day to make sure the timeline flows smoothly and you feel as prepared as possible. Weddings are incredibly personal, so I feel really privileged that I get to call this my profession. Capturing celebrations while focusing on color, composition, and getting to really know the people whose story I'm telling is what makes me happy.

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth E. Married on 06/14/2021

Best human and best photographer!

Here’s what you need to know about Shannon Collins: They are a beautiful human being, inside and out, with a tremendous amount of kindness, care, respect and infinite talent. If you want photography that captures the spirit, essence, emotion of your love story, your family, your wedding day and beyond, hire Shannon. If you want a photographer who is actively trying to make the wedding industry and world a better place, hire Shannon. If you want someone by your side, who will make everyone feel comfortable and capture everyone, as their authentic selves, hire Shannon. And of course, if you want to nerd out over pop culture and have positive, affirming, supportive and fun communication leading up to whatever event or shoot, hire Shannon. It will be one of the best decisions you make.

I found Shannon’s work on the site, A Practical Wedding, and shortly after, my partner and I scheduled a video call with them. Immediately after talking with them, we knew we wanted them to be the person to photograph our engagement, wedding (and hopefully more in the future)! We just clicked. Their work is bright, airy, colorful and creative, full of details and unique composition. They make space for everyone’s requests and makes everyone feel at ease — whether it’s kids or you as the couple, so it doesn’t matter if you typically feel comfortable in front of the camera or not, Shannon’s personality and thoughtfulness makes you comfortable. Both for our engagement and our wedding day, they never over-directed us, they just let us be who we are and gave us the occasional suggestion for a pose, all while cheering us on. They graciously worked with us to move the date (twice!) when we had to postpone due to the pandemic, in addition to giving us emotional support during the process. Shannon also scouted our new venue with us when we moved location as well. They went above and beyond what we expected in every way.

TL;DR: Shannon Collins is an incredible person and photographer and my husband and I are so unbelievably happy that we hired them. Everyone in our family and wedding party adored them, and my mom, who is the biggest critic even said, “There’s just not one bad photo. They’re all beautiful,” and she’s 100% right.

Thank you, Shannon, for everything!
  • Sami
    Sami C. Married on 12/15/2019

Shannon is simply the best

Shannon is the best, y'all. The absolute best. Where do I start?
    As a person, she's incredibly sweet and so funny. Shannon had us cracking up the entire time we worked with her and she was always down to talk about reality TV. She's super easy to communicate with and responds so quickly.
    We worked with her for both our engagement photos and wedding day. In the middle of our engagement session, I turned to my then-fiance and was like, "You know what? I want to invite Shannon to our wedding." And then he reminded me uh, we already had in a way. Oops. She's that much of a dream to work with, that you feel like she's your new best pal after spending an hour together.
    When it comes to pictures, Shannon's amazing. Both my husband and I wear glasses and that was a major concern for us. We wanted to make sure we had someone who could work with them, not have glare in all our photos, and also not ask us to take them off. It was literally not an issue at all for Shannon. Every photo is perfect. She captured our personalities so well and had us try fun poses that resulted in great pictures. If there was something we really wanted to do or take a picture with, she made sure to accommodate us and get all the photos we wanted.
    On the day of the wedding itself, she was such a dream. Shannon was flexible in terms of schedule but still made sure we got all of our pictures. Everything went so smoothly and that is in thanks to her. Truly looking forward to working with her again for a family session.
    I cannot recommend Shannon enough. She's the best.
    Liz Married on 09/28/2019

Shannon is wonderful

From our first email exchange with Shannon, my fiance and I felt completely at ease. Actually, from our first time visiting her website, where she welcomed her “fellow awkward and shy” people, we had a good feeling about working with her. As two people who aren’t necessarily comfortable being in the spotlight, we were nervous about whether we could ever look natural in front of the camera on our big day. We first met Shannon in person for our engagement shoot around South Philly, and our feelings of nervousness just melted away. She was so kind and funny and warm, and we felt like we were hanging out with a friend. When we got the full collection of engagement photos, we felt that they truly captured moments of joy — and we felt even more confident in our decision to have Shannon shoot our wedding.

Shannon was super organized and communicative leading up to the wedding, and provided a detailed timeline for the day. On the big day itself, she did a wonderful job working with us, our bridal party and our families to make sure that we all felt comfortable and at ease. The whole photography portion of the day just felt so effortless (not just for us — others mentioned how personable and on top of things Shannon was, too). When we got our full set of wedding photos back, we were just overjoyed. Shannon did an incredible job of artfully and authentically capturing all the moments of the day — the ones that we lived ourselves, as well as the other moments (details, people mingling, etc) that we couldn’t fully take in.

We had a great experience working with Shannon, and could not recommend her enough!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Stephanie J Gundy, Celebrant Stephanie J Gundy, Celebrant Wedding Officiants

SO much fun to work with and the photos are gorgeous!!

Abington, PA, 19001
Location of (Shannon Collins Photography)

Other vendors in Philadelphia for your wedding