Private Kitchen, Newberg, OR 97132 Map · Phone number

About Sewell Sweets

Sewell Sweets is a boutique custom cake shop serving the greater Portland Metro area with our artisan wedding cakes. A storefront is in our near future, but for the time being, we are run from a private, licensed kitchen located in the beautiful Willamette Valley Wine Country focusing on small batches and quality over quantity. Our motto is, "We don't believe in plain, white wedding cakes!". There are hundreds of amazing shops out there that can beautifully frost you a white buttercream cake, but that's just not us. We prefer an artsy, modern, perhaps even quirky, couple, the ones who love a splash of surprise shown in color, texture, edible artwork, and who want to show their joining of personalities on such a special day highlighted in their cake. Sugar flowers, edible metallics, ruffles, textures, and colors are among our specialties alongside a 100% scratch made menu. We use real butter and cream, yummy local Newberg eggs from happy, healthy chickens, real Madagascar vanilla beans, yummy fresh fruit, and high quality chocolates! We want your cake to taste just as delicious as it is beautiful! Sewell Sweets is a one-woman-run shop completely devoted to bringing your sugar dreams to reality for one of the biggest moments of your lives. Please contact us to reserve your date, schedule a tasting consultation, have an original cake designed just for you and your fiance, and get the sweet talk going! Thank you for your desire to support small and local. *Sewell Sweets believes in love for ALL! NO exclusions! Love is Love!*

Follow Sewell Sweets on

lsphoto 21 51 959139
lsphoto 21 51 959139

1 Reviews for Sewell Sweets

Brittany · Married on 08/13/2016

I met Sewell Sweet's at the Albany Bridal Show last year. My first thought was "Those cakes are WAY too beautiful to eat!!" The cakes were flawless and the taster cupcakes were to die for! It was a no brainer to choose them! In the months leading up to the wedding the commucation was easy and responses came back quickly. The day of the wedding I didn't actually see the cake and cupcakes until the reception but I had no doubt in my mind that I was getting exactly what I wanted. Thank you for being so awesome, Kat!!!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Sewell Sweets 's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany for taking the time to share such sweet words! We were thrilled to be a part of your special day and thank you for allowing us to be!

Also - yay for being our first review now that we're new on Wedding Wire! Thank you!!

Wishing you a long and happy marriage,

Cat

Sewell Sweets FAQ

• What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 6.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands, Cake Toppers
  • What special ingredients do you use? Local
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Peachy Keen Coordination
    Peachy Keen Coordination Wedding Planners

One of my absolute favorite wedding professionals to work with in the wedding industry. I know that if I have a wedding with Sewell Sweets that I can breath with ease and feel confident that the dessert will be on time, one-of-a-kind, and incredibly delicious! Her communication is super quick, clear, and concise. I look forward to many, many more opportunities to work with her!

• Flower Friends
    Flower Friends Wedding Florists

Wow! I just can not say enough nice things about every time I have worked with Sewell Sweets. The cakes are moist, delicious, and truly a work of art. The communication is spot on, and overall I would trust Cat to come up with any design I need her imagination is amazing! If you are in need of a cake this is your lady!!!

• Private Kitchen Newberg, 97132 See on map