Simply Beautiful Cakes

Newberg, OR View map Visit website

Simply Beautiful Cakes is a wedding bakery based in Newberg, Oregon. Nestled along wine country in the Chelhalem Valley, this home bakery brings a great deal of warmth and personality to the cake-making process. In business for more than eight years, owner Maryann has over 40 years of experience decorating cakes. She loves to have conversations with to-be-weds about their dessert dreams. Maryann will work closely with you to ensure that your centerpiece tastes--and looks-- superb.

Simply Beautiful Cakes provides wedding cakes, hand-crafted flowers, cookies, cookie bouquets, cupcakes, pies, and cheesecakes. While these bakers can create any type of decorations you desire, they specialize in those that are simple yet gorgeous. The team also offers tastings ahead of the big day, delivery, and set-up at your venue.

• Woman-owned

$4.50

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$6

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2.50

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Diabetic
Gluten Free
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Sarah
    Sarah D. Married on 06/15/2020

Delicious cake and great lady!

Maryann was wonderful in helping us plan our wedding cake. We were very impressed with the deliciousness of her cake at our sampling meeting, and Maryann was super supportive in helping us to design a wedding cake that was perfect for us! She even crafted a practice cake to show us her work on an unusual design pattern that we were hoping to use. Unfortunately the coronavirus pandemic made it impossible for us to hold our wedding as planned, so we will not be getting to enjoy Maryann's cake on our big day. However, we were very much looking forward to it and we highly recommend her as your wedding baker!

Simply Beautiful Cakes's reply:

Dear Sarah,
    Thank you so much for the good and positive comments you posted for me and my business. I so enjoyed working with you and your Fiance'. I am so sorry you had to cancel due to the Covid-19. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Maryann Potter
    Amanda Married on 08/09/2016
    Maryanne was so amazing! I'll be honest, at first it worried and confused us that she works out of her home instead of a store front but don't let that stop you from seeing her! She was so sweet and really worked with us on what we wanted in a cake. We loved all the flavors that we tasted and decided to have them all. The cake was very affordable and we felt good about supporting a local bussiness. We asked for dahlias on the cake and the were BEAUTIFUL! I saved them and currently am trying to find something creative to do with them, I just can't throw them away. She was very flexible too, we changed the date on her and how big of a cake we needed and she had no problems switching it up for us. It was a huge relief and we really appreciated her being so accommodating. The cake ended up being ready a week early but it was a blessing in disguise since it ended up working better with our schedule. She apologized but honestly, it's it really our fault. We changed things on her and made it confusing. Again, we appreciate the flexibility. I would suggest Maryanne to anyone and hopefully one day she can afford a store front! I would love to see that happen, she's very sweet and deserving!

Simply Beautiful Cakes's reply:

Dear Amanda and Stephen,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will cherish it for a very long time. Thank you for having faith in me. This is one thing I love about what I do is the beautiful couples I get to work with. It is truly amazing and a beautiful experience. May I add a word so that others will know, the dahlia and peony were hand made my me.. and.. it was the first time I had made either one of them. Thank you again for believing in me to make your dreams come true.
  • User2668894 2+ years ago
    Maryann was amazing and the naked cake she made for my wedding was beautiful and delicious.

Deals

Simply Beautiful Cakes 1
Offer

We offer a $20 per couple cake tasting. up to 3 flavors.

501 E. Illinois St. #25 Newberg, OR, 97132
503-994-2936
Location of (Simply Beautiful Cakes)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding