San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 70
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 2

About Sarah Kathleen

The dress, the flowers, the look on his face -- these are the things you daydream about when it comes to your wedding. But one of the biggest decisions you'll make (apart from the place you'll say "I do" and the dress you'll be wearing) is the photographer who is going to document it for you.

I have the best job in the world - I get to capture your big day as it unfolds so your wedding story can be told for years and years to come. I want you to be able to relive every moment when you look back through your photos, to feel the same emotions you felt that day.

A little about me: My name is Sarah. I grew up in the happiest place in the USA (according to Oprah, anyways). I married my best friend when I was 19 years old. I am inspired by love, light, and people's stories. Though my title is technically "photographer", I think of myself as more of a "storyteller". I am obsessed with the in-between moments, the stolen glances. I've photographed weddings for 6 years, and fall in love with my job a little more each weekend.

I would love to get to know you two, hear your story, and learn what makes you YOU.
Email: sarah@sarahkathleen.com

Sarah Kathleen 5
Sarah Kathleen 6

Andrea Hammond · Married on 10/20/2018

The most amazing photographer/human

Ohhh what can I say about Sarah Kathleen other than she is the greatest human being I have ever met. Her photography is gorgeous/flawless/perfect/everything and her personality is amazing. Being photographed is a little awkward, but she made me and my husband feel oh so comfortable with her.

I booked her because obviously her work is stunning, but she is so quick on email it is ridiculous. I emailed several photographers that either never got back to me or took dayssss. Sarah responded almost immediately and then we went back and forth for a while. She answered all of my questions promptly and in depth. It was no question that I had to book her.

We did our engagement photos in December 2017 and she returned them within the week. Wow was that impressive. *She probably doesn't always do this* I really didn't talk to her much until we got closer to the wedding date (October 2018). I had a few random questions about timeline, etc. throughout the year which she responded to quickly.

The wedding day was perfect. She brought a second shooter, Emily, who was equally as wonderful as Sarah. Sarah would literally jump into plants to get the perfect picture. Several people commented on how she really did whatever it took to get the picture (jump in plants, climb on chairs, anything). And from the sneak peak I have seen so far, it was all worth it. I was pretty nervous on the wedding day of course, and she made me feel so at ease. I feel like I've known her forever and she is my instant best friend. My mom said that she never even saw Sarah except in the background of a few photos that friends and family took.

I think my favorite thing about the wedding and Sarah is that when we were looking through our card box after the wedding we had a card from Sarah. Sarah had been taking Polaroids the entire evening and she put about 10 of them in with the card. This was so special and I had no idea she was doing this. She got a few of me and my husband, one of the father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, and Bridal Party. This was the best thing to find the day after the wedding.

Thank you Sarah for being your wonderful amazing self! I absolutely adore you.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/03/2017

Using Sarah Kathleen for our wedding photography was the single best decision I made for our wedding! She made the whole process so fun, memorable, and comfortable! My husband and I are not naturally super comfortable in front of a camera, that being said, you would have NEVER noticed with the pictures Sarah took. She has such a unique way of capturing moments that is so special. She did such an amazing job capturing the feel of our wedding day, every time I look back at the pictures, it feels like I'm back in those exact moments. I can not say enough amazing things about Sarah, if you're lucky enough to book her as your photographer, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Sarah Kathleen 7
    Sarah Kathleen 8
    Sarah Kathleen 9
    Sarah Kathleen 10
    Sarah Kathleen 11
    Sarah Kathleen 12

Linden · Married on 04/22/2017

First off, Sarah is a lovely person! She is so kind and funny. Sarah is someone that people relax around. She helped put everyone at ease, which was a major plus and really helped with our wedding jitters. Secondly, Sarah is INSANELY talented! I am so incredibly happy with all of her work! My husband and I never knew that we could look so good! It was so wonderful working with Sarah. We cannot wait to have another reason to hire her in the future!!! Thank you!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Sarah Kathleen Pricing

Sarah Kathleen Price Rates

Real Weddings

• Amanda Holder Events
    Amanda Holder Events Wedding Planners

I absolutely ADORE Sarah Kathleen! From Weddings to Boudoir and everything in-between...she's just amazing at everything she does. Such a beautiful soul with a zest for life. So much fun to work with, and she's so good at capturing life's best little moments!

• The Booth Bus
    The Booth Bus Photo Booths

Sarah is lovely to work with and she does FABULOUS work. She captures fantastic moments with an elegant touch. We recommend!

• LOVELYchic Wedding
    LOVELYchic Wedding Wedding Hair & Makeup

Sarah is such a unique find. Every wedding we have done with her has been magical and she is always professional. We enjoy working with Sarah, our brides feel comfortable, confident, and beautiful. What else does a girl need?