2-200
Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About San Diego Botanic Garden

A true Garden experience.

San Diego Botanic Garden is San Diego County’s location of choice for our uniquely picturesque and memorable outdoor wedding & reception.

With a mild year-round climate, the Garden offers a variety of garden settings for your event, from the large Gazebo Lawn to our intimate Waterfall View Deck and secluded Walled or Lawn House Gardens.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Regions serviced: San Diego

Follow San Diego Botanic Garden on

35 Reviews for San Diego Botanic Garden

Uncovered Outdoor (4)
Bridal Suite (1)

San Diego Botanic Garden is absolutely beautiful! It was the first venue I saw and I fell in love right away. It was perfect for our intimate, romantic outdoor wedding last fall. The Gazebo Lawn lit up at night looked like a dream!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite

So here I am, a wedding planner of 7 years and it's finally my turn to get married. Well, once you are in the industry you become a bit jaded but I had only one place in mind - the SD Botanic Garden. This place is so beautiful and the lush greenery, waterfall, intimate garden setting and artwork inspired me to create and have the wedding of my dreams. It was perfection. It is def a blank canvas which can be hard for some but worth it. Also, Lita is the coordinator there and she is a pleasure to work with. She is nice, responsive, professional and does a great job with the couple and vendors. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Profile Picture laura, 9/17/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

We had our wedding at SDBG and everything was beautiful, could not have asked for a better venue for the price. Here's a summary of the pros, and the few "things to note" for other brides interested in this venue:

Pros: Lita was great and very responsive; good price with lots of location options throughout your event; tables and chairs included if you like, which they will set up for you; provide a list of preferred vendors but you can use other vendors if you like

Things to Note: while there's tons of flexibility for vendors, there is pretty much only one lighting company that works with the Gardens and they charge a lot of money...so just know that; there can be a fair amount of rigmarole for vendors that haven't worked there before [bartenders, DJs, food trucks], including in some cases a $200 vetting fee that requires a lot of work on your part and no work on theirs to "vet" this vendor. It was still worth it for us to use people who were friends and we trusted, but it was a fair amount of work since the Gardens didn't lay out what needed to be provided if it wasn't a preferred vendor.

We had many out of town guests who couldn't believe how beautiful the setting was. Was spectacular for our wedding.

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/31/17, 3 Reviews

Set Up
Wireless Internet
1 AWARD

10 ENDORSEMENTS
This beautiful venue is one of a kind in San Diego and we love working here! The staff is wonderful, very courteous and easy to work with!

Beautiful Garden Weddings start at the Botanical Gardens. We have enjoyed Catering to Bridal Couple for many years, and this is one of the most Lovely Site.

Truly a place in my heart. I am inspired to improve my growing grounds every time I see this gorgeous venue!!

We love photographing weddings here... there are very few places in San Diego that have as much natural beauty and ambiance as the San Diego Botanical Gardens! The gazebo lawn is just sooo romantic at night. Everyone we've worked with over there have been very professional, courteous, and hard working! It's a fantastic place to have a wedding, and is on our short list of favorite venues.

I LOVE photographing at the San Diego Botanic Garden. It's a beautiful place with so many different great spots for photos. The walled garden is a wonderful intimate spot for ceremonies and the gazebo lawn is lovely for receptions. All my couples have always been very happy having their wedding there. It's one of my favorite venues! Highly recommended!

Events

230 Quail Gardens Dr, Encinitas, CA 92024   See On Map
760-436-3036  ext.  205 (phone)
7 days a week from 9a-5p