Samantha Phillips Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,500 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,500 Most Popular Price

Hi there! I'm Samantha Phillips! I always leave weddings with sore cheeks from smiling, a little less eye make up from tearing up during your vows and a slightly raspy voice from singing on the dance floor! When you hire me, you will get a personal hype woman who captures your genuine connection to each other in an authentic way. When I was planning my own wedding, someone told me "your wedding day isn't a performance or a production." I am here to document one of the greatest days of your life as it happens, but I will also provide guidance when needed. I won't force staged poses and I won't make your day revolve around photos. I'm here to give you tangible memories that you can cherish forever. I will support you through every step of the planning process with my guides that I have poured my heart and soul into so you can have the day you've always dreamed of! I give my clients my all and I'm always a text, email or phone call away. I'm so excited to get to know you!

Send me an email and tell me all about your vision for your wedding day so I can help you bring it to life. So excited to hear from you!!

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,000

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

One Event / Day

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,500

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Multi. Locations
Second Shooter
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Digital Files
Prints

Alexandra A. Married on 06/18/2022

One of the best wedding decisions we made was hiring Samantha

Samantha is a one-of-a-kind photographer. She is both extremely talented and just an overall great person. She was easy to work with from the moment we started communicating months ago. She took the time to get to know my partner and I and that 1000% showed in the photos she delivered to us. She also offers vendor guides, timeline suggestions, inspiration and more to the couples who book with her. Both our engagement and wedding photos were beautiful and truly captured my partner and I for who we were.

She also was so so accommodating to us. She went above and beyond to make sure we received exactly what we wanted and got the shots we wanted. She also offered helpful suggestions to our wedding timeline to make sure we got the most of our time with her.

Finally, Samantha and her husband Colton—who was the second shooter—are just amazing, wonderful people. They are sweet, kind, funny, helpful, hardworking and hiring them just makes me want to be friends with them.

Hiring Samantha for your wedding photos means you'll not only have beautiful, incredible photos to cry over for the rest of your life but also an extremely helpful friend. I'd hire her again in one second. Thank you Samantha!!!!!!!

Samantha Phillips Photography's reply:

Ahhh, Alex!! You are an angel. Thank you so so much! I can't wait to see you and Gerardo again soon!
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 05/22/2022

Best Decision We Made!

It's hard to know where to even begin with a review of Samantha Phillips, but her work can be described as nothing less than OUTSTANDING.

Samantha truly goes above and beyond for her clients; she does way more than any photographer should and she does it without even being asked. To start, Samantha includes a free engagement session in the cost of her services. From the moment we met Samantha and her husband, Colton, we were so excited to have booked her. During our shoot, Samantha suggested we include our pup but we were concerned because we didn't want to have to worry about our dog during the entire shoot. Samantha problem solved and told us that her husband would be happy to "pet-sit" for shots without our dog.

My (now) husband and I had never had professional photos done and were both a bit camera shy. Samantha was amazing at giving us directions and prompts that led to some of the cutest and most genuine photos I've ever seen. Samantha and Colton are both very easy-going and fun, so working with them immediately felt like having a (super talented) friend taking pictures of us. Honestly, we both just want to be friends with Samantha and Colton now. For us, that's important. Your wedding day is an intimate day and you want to feel comfortable with your photographer since they will be there for every moment.

Aside from the fact that her photography is stunning, Samantha sets herself apart from others with her work ethic and speed. She got us our entire, edited, engagement gallery within days!

After our engagement shoot, Samantha continued to go above and beyond. Her referral list is excellent (I found my makeup artist based on her recommendation) and Samantha, while primarily a photographer, is also something of an undercover wedding planner. Samantha literally helped set up the timeline for my wedding, and while I had a great planner, I knew that if something went wrong at any point that Samantha would step in. You definitely should not be relying on your photographer to do planning for you (please don't do this!), but Samantha as an "insurance" policy was pretty amazing.

Throughout the process, of all my vendors, Samantha had the best communication and I felt like I was communicating with a friend. I even vented to her on multiple occasions and she was always there to lend an ear.

On the day of the wedding, Samantha came early and then largely took the reins of making sure that we moved from point A to point B prior to our ceremony. We were running a bit late and things were a bit chaotic with our families, but Samantha was flexible and made sure we got all the shots we needed, even if we totally ended up messing up the order of them for her.

Samantha's husband, Colton, served as her second shooter and she didn't charge anything extra for this. That's unreal. Because of this, Samantha was basically able to be in two places at once which was necessary because our venue (SD Safari Park) had our ceremony and reception on opposite ends of the park. I hope that Samantha will start to charge extra for this feature ;)

Somehow, Samantha managed to get these insanely beautiful shots and, yet, was able to do it in stealth mode because I feel like I never even saw her camera.

If this is all not enough for you to book Samantha Phillips, this next part should solidify things. Many photographers promise to get you a sneak peak album within a week or 2 so you have something to post. For most people I know, they get this album about 2 weeks after their wedding. Samantha sent us our sneak peak album of 35 perfectly edited images THE DAY AFTER the wedding. We took our first photos at 3:45pm on 5/22. At 3pm on 5/23 I already had an email from Samantha in my inbox with that sneak peak gallery. That's less than 24 hours and that's just UNREAL. Of course, true to form, the images are stunning. It's incredibly hard to choose which ones to post. That's with 35 images; so, I'm pretty concerned with whats to come when she gets the whole gallery back to us.

Overall, I cannot recommend Samantha Phillips Photography enough. This woman has real talent and that talent is only matched by how hard she works to deliver the best product. I'm forever grateful to have found her and if you don't book her you are making a mistake. Don't start your marriage off on the wrong foot. Make sure to start things off right by booking Samantha!
  • Tyler
    Tyler D. Married on 04/01/2022

Samantha Phillips was amazing!

Samantha was incredible to work with! Her photos of my wife and I at the Japanese Friendship Garden were absolutely amazing, and I cannot recommend her enough. She has an amazing unique style, and she makes the photos and posing for them effortless and fun.

She also charges a very reasonable price, included comes free engagement photos so she can get to know you which is really fun.

If you are looking for a high quality photographer that is a pleasure to work with and very professional, I highly recommend Samantha Phillips Photography.

Samantha Phillips Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Tyler! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Zoe and I am so honored to have captured your stunning wedding!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Adams Ave San Diego, CA, 92116
6196729087
Location of (Samantha Phillips Photography)

Samantha Phillips Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Samantha Phillips Photography include in the starting price?

Samantha Phillips Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • One Event / Day

What photography services does Samantha Phillips Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Samantha Phillips Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Samantha Phillips Photography offer?

Samantha Phillips Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary

What photography services does Samantha Phillips Photography offer?

Samantha Phillips Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Multi. Locations
  • Second Shooter
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Samantha Phillips Photography offer for wedding events?

Samantha Phillips Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Digital Files
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Samantha Phillips Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Samantha Phillips Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in San Diego for your wedding