4562 Alvarado Canyon Rd., Suite R, San Diego, CA 92120 Map · Phone number

About Clove & Kin

We are Clove & Kin—a delightfully joyful studio of talented artists based in San Diego, CA. We love what we do, and we love the people that we get to do it with. (That includes you!)

Kelsey, our studio manager, will be your main contact, consulting with you during your wedding process to make sure every lovely detail of your gorgeous wedding is treated with perfection. Kelsey will match you with one of our awesome photographers, whose only job is to get to know you and to create downright gorgeous images of your love story. (And they're really stinkin' good at it!)

After the wedding, our team of editors and designers will produce seriously stunning images, albums, and fine art products for you to enjoy for years to come. As you can see, we're not a one-person shop here—we are a team of heartfelt artists that take the responsibility of telling your story as a challenge and a joy. We believe that art is like life - it always turns out better when we do it together.

ck jessica rickys wedding 054

Clove & Kin 7
  • Charissa

Charissa James · Married on 11/18/2018

GORGEOUS images, wonderful people

We LOVED our entire experience with Clove and Kin. My husband and I interviewed a different photography company whose work I had admired for years - and their photos were beautiful, but I felt uncomfortable with the vibe - like maybe hiring this couple could include drama, stress, and lots of opinions. I had LOVED the Youngren's work for years - Jeff photographed one of my friend's weddings when the Youngrens were just starting out, but I knew I was absolutely priced out of their brand. When I heard they had launched a more affordable brand, I just had to check it out. Jeff Youngren (the founder of Clove and Kin) called me personally to talk about our inquiry, and it was a little bit of a stretch to our budget, but we were able to work it out. It was ABSOLUTELY worth it. Our images are GORGEOUS, but beyond that the people we worked with were fabulous. Kelsey in the office is very responsive, and everyone is kind and professional. Our photographers Lauren and Weston set us at ease immediately, captured beautiful and creative images, and helped us feel relaxed all day long. It was a high value to me to create a day where we would plan details ahead - and then just relax and be present with our guests on the day of. A lot of very kind, well-intentioned people warned me the day would fly by and I wouldn't eat - and I was determined that there CAN be a different experience of your wedding than that. Clove and Kin not only captured our day beautifully - but also helped us feel relaxed and present the way we hoped we could. They didn't just take us through the day, but helped us slow down and savor it. I could not be more grateful for their work and the kindness of the people who work there.

Sent on 12/08/2018
    Clove & Kin 18
    Clove & Kin 19
    Clove & Kin 20

Doris · Married on 05/23/2018

We could not be happier with choosing Clove & Kin to be our wedding photography studio. Taylor, Lauren and Kelsey were so professional and amazing at their jobs, and the photos turned out phenomenally.

Kelsey is enthusiastic and organized. She took the time to get to know us which was critical in choosing the right photographer for us. She answered all of our questions promptly, gave us tips and pointers for our engagement session, and even helped us choose the perfect location for the engagement session. She sent us an itinerary of our wedding day several weeks prior, and was very accommodating when we requested slight changes.

Taylor is an amazing photographer. We were nervous about our engagement session, but he suggested meeting at a bar beforehand, which gave us a chance to relax and get to know each other a little bit. The whole experience was really fun, and the photos were magical.

On the day of the wedding, Taylor and Lauren were very professional, made sure everything ran smoothly, and not only put up with our crazy pup, but took some amazing shots of her! They captured every special moment, and we absolutely love how the photos turned out.

We would highly recommend Clove & Kin. Thank you guys so much for everything!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Kinbo · Married on 05/28/2017

Above and beyond quality and talent, genuinely kind and thoughtful, and oh, so professional! From the very first meeting at their studio to even a month after the big day, they made us feel comfortable, warmly welcomed, and assured. I remember my wife, Katie, and I going downstairs to the Starbucks afterwards and talking about how much we enjoyed meeting Lauren and Kelsey. They took the time to learn more about us (not so easy a task with us being a couple of awkward introverts!) and managed to perfectly capture our personality, tastes, and preferences from the photo highlights down to the minor details. You will not only get great value, but the photography is high quality. They work amazingly well with other vendors (even providing credit on their blog), they float around unobtrusively while managing to capture your precious moments, and even provide encouragement and perspective the day-of to help you slow down and thoroughly enjoy your special day.

I encourage anyone coming across their name to, at the very least, reach out and meet with them at their studio. Good luck and congratulations to all you future married couples :)

Sent on 07/23/2017

Award

Clove & Kin FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter

• 4562 Alvarado Canyon Rd., Suite R San Diego, CA, 92120 See on map