Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD

http://www.weddingsbyrevbill.com 25 East Washington, Chicago, IL 60602 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD

Your wedding day should be fun, a celebration of your love, and full of amazing moments.

I create premium wedding experiences that are unforgettable, for all the right reasons! That's what you'll get when you choose a Wedding by Rev. Bill.

Don't choose a first-time Officiant. Benefit from the wisdom of my experience of leading nearly 100 beautiful weddings.

I'll work with you to create a beautiful ceremony that reflects you, your love relationship, and your values, whether you want a traditional religious service or something more spiritual than religious,

Ask about my premium "Heart Story" package.

I create beautiful ceremonies for discerning couples. I work with people from all religious and spiritual backgrounds, creating gorgeous ceremonies for that reflect your values and beliefs. I will help you create something that is totally "you." My specialty is creating an element of each service that makes your wedding unique. To create the perfect ceremony for you, I meet with you early on to learn all about you, your values, and your vision for the ceremony.

Contact me today to schedule a no-obligations conversation about your wedding.

Let me walk you through the steps to a perfect wedding! We'll have fun preparing and you'll have the wedding of your dreams.

Specialties include:

• Weddings that are "spiritual but not religious"
  • Traditional and contemporary religious services, including interfaith weddings
  • Select your readings from my 67 page wedding resource ebook
  • Choose traditional or contemporary vows or work with me to write your own
  • Add a special element such as a Wine Ceremony, Whiskey Toast, or Flower Ceremony
  • Include a one hour rehearsal
  • Involve your family and friends with the wedding ceremony
  • Destination wedding packages available
  • Located in Chicago, serving the Northshore, Chicago suburbs, and Wisconsin

I am inspired by my couples' love and commitment to each other and honored to be chosen to serve as their officiant. I hope you will discover the "Rev. Bill difference" for yourself.

Follow Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD on
A gorgeous wedding at the spectacular Armour House in Lake Forest, Illinois.
The Rockefeller Chapel at University of Chicago was the site for this beautiful June wedding.
This Valentine's Day wedding with these two amazing gentlemen was a blast!
This Valentine's Day wedding with these two amazing gentlemen was a blast!
Posing with Bride and Groom after the wedding, outside the Rockefeller Chapel..
Posing with Bride and Groom after the wedding, outside the Rockefeller Chapel..
Ben and Sarah's Milwaukee wedding featured this beautifully lit space with rustic brick.
Wedding day at Valley Lo Club!
Wedding day at Valley Lo Club!
A fabulous wedding in Lincoln Park, Chicago!
A fabulous wedding in Lincoln Park, Chicago!
Another Lake Michigan wedding, this one on the Loyola Campus in Rogers Park, Chicago.
Married at a downtown Chicago church, this wedding had a traditional religious feeling with modern...
Outdoors on a 90 degree day, but what a beautiful, joyful wedding!
Outdoors on a 90 degree day, but what a beautiful, joyful wedding!
You can make out the skyline of Chicago in the background of this west-loop wedding.
My first wedding in the Lake Geneva area, a favorite local place for a spectacular wedding.
szostak2016 173
Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD
A wedding prayer, mid-ceremony.
A wedding prayer, mid-ceremony.
The elegance of a beautiful couple in their wedding finery!
The elegance of a beautiful couple in their wedding finery!
Happy husband and wife after their wedding!
Happy husband and wife after their wedding!
Gathered on the beach for this Lake Michigan wedding.
Gathered on the beach for this Lake Michigan wedding.
My very first wedding, April 11, 2014, on the shore of Lake Michigan in Racine, Wisconsin.
Another shot of Ben and Sarah's Milwaukee wedding.
Another shot of Ben and Sarah's Milwaukee wedding.
The long view of this back-lit room.
The long view of this back-lit room.
The Bride and Bride as they exit following their wedding.
The Bride and Bride as they exit following their wedding.
A gorgeous outdoor wedding.
A gorgeous outdoor wedding.
img1764
Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD
Do you take Steve? A great wedding moment!
Do you take Steve? A great wedding moment!
With the guys, after the wedding!
With the guys, after the wedding!
A wedding on the roof of the Tribune Tower, Chicago. Notice all the beautiful architecture of the...
img010
Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD
This wedding took place out back of Buzz Cafe in Oak Park, Illinois.
This wedding took place out back of Buzz Cafe in Oak Park, Illinois.
photo jul 20 5 03 19 pm
photo jul 20 5 10 09 pm
220x2201413559374554 10708682102046004698289198225
Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD
This wedding was on the top floor of the Hancock Building, though you can't tell from the photo.
bill3 300
Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD
A rooftop wedding on Chicago's north side, near Addison and Lake Shore Drive.
A rooftop wedding on Chicago's north side, near Addison and Lake Shore Drive.
Dancing with my wife at a December wedding in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Dancing with my wife at a December wedding in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
rings
Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD
A wedding from Summer of 2018 in Sycamore, Illinois.
A wedding from Summer of 2018 in Sycamore, Illinois.
c33a11bfaebc706e 1534425284 3a11b2f1d42299b2 1534425290537 4 madison austin2 sq
Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD
Signing the marriage license after the wedding!
Signing the marriage license after the wedding!
Promontory Point, Hyde Park, Chicago, was the site for this wedding.
Promontory Point, Hyde Park, Chicago, was the site for this wedding.
Another wedding on the shore of Lake Michigan. This time, in Grant Park, Chicago.
A beautiful Wedding Keepsake, including a Word Cloud of your ceremony, is included in all Silver,...
Your keepsake will remind you of your wedding and the vows you exchanged. You can read it together...
The title page of your keepsake features your given names and the date, time, and location of your...
I will design a customized ceremony for you that reflects your beliefs, values, and preferences. The...
kelly dave 10 1 2016
A whiskey toast at CD & ME

47 Reviews for Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD

• Goda

Goda · Married on 09/21/2018

Rev. Bill was a great find! He was great to work with and really accommodated our vision while planning out the wedding ceremony. My (now) husband and I are not religious but spiritual and he made us feel comfortable about our choices and carefully crafted the ceremony with appropriate words. We choose to do a few sessions of the counseling for ourselves, but to also spend some more time with Rev. Bill before the big day so it wouldn't be a stranger marrying us. We enjoyed the assessment utilized as the basis of our conversations and Rev Bill was very accommodating to our schedules and ran the sessions really nicely. We enjoyed getting to know him and his personality during these sessions as well as growing as a couple.

Leading up to the big day, we had clear and consistent communication with Rev. Bill finalizing details and he provided some nice words of reassurance that every bride needs the week of her wedding! haha On the day, he was very timely (important for a type A bride like me!) and always had a lovely calm demeanor. Overall, we had a great experience with Rev. Bill and would highly recommend. I even received comments from my family and friends that they really like him, and his voice, and demeanor so it wasn't just us who like him!

You can't go wrong with Rev. Bill!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

Thanks so much, Goda! It was really a pleasure getting to know you through the pre-marriage sessions and then the wedding planning! Your wedding at 12 Vineyards was gorgeous! I wish you lots of joy in your married life! - Rev. Bill

B · Married on 08/18/2018

We cannot say enough about how wonderful Reverend Bill Epperly made our wedding experience. When we contacted several potential officiants, he stood out as the one who was most responsive, usually messaging us back within a couple hours. My wife and I were living in different cities at the time, but Rev. Bill was very flexible, meeting me at a convenient location and letting my wife Skype in. He is so friendly and easy to talk to, but also extremely professional. We appreciated his check list of wedding details that helped us plan our ceremony, especially his list of recommended passages and poems to help us select readings. He offers several different ceremony packages, which gave us the ability to customize our ceremony and say within our budget. The final ceremony he put together for us was BEAUTIFUL! Everything flowed so smoothly and his kind and thoughtful words made us and our families feel like he had known us for years. We received so many compliments about the ceremony afterwards. We feel fortunate to have found the best wedding officiant in the Chicago!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD's reply:

I'm delighted to hear from you, B. Your wedding was a real highlight of my Summer! I hope you'll be in touch as your lives unfold! Rev. Bill

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 775.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 775.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 175.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 125.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Pagan, Presbyterian, Quaker, Taoist, Unitarian
  • In which states are you licensed? IL, IN, MI, WI
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Simply Luxe Bridal Boutique
    Simply Luxe Bridal Boutique Wedding Dresses

Rev. Bill Epperly is the one and only wedding officiant you'll ever need to contact. Here's why: 1. He has a great approach to officiating a wedding - he has different styles and templates for you to review and make personal, or you can work with him to truly create something custom from start to finish. 2. There are multiple ways to meet with him to discuss (he is flexible), i.e. Skype. 3. He accommodates specific wardrobe requests. 4. He's prompt, professional, and warm. 5. Truly gets to know you as a couple and seamlessly fits into the wedding. 6. LGBTQ friendly. 7. He's well learned in multiple faiths and approaches to spirituality and religion, and is adaptable based on your religious/spiritual needs. Highly recommended from many of our brides and colleagues. Give Bill a call!

• Reverend Christine
    Reverend Christine Wedding Officiants

Bill is a seasoned professional who I've associated myself with. I'm happy and confident in referring couples to him because of my knowledge of his expertise, education and caring personality.

• http://www.weddingsbyrevbill.com, 25 East Washington Chicago, IL 60602 See on map
    773-530-3797 (Phone number)