Poppy's Events LLC

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,500 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,500 Package Price

We are an Oahu based wedding and event coordinating company who's goal is to make your vision a reality! Let us handle the details, so you and your guests can enjoy the special event. We care about our clients and are dedicated to organizing the event of your dreams! We offer a variety of planning packages, but because each event is unique, we are happy to customize a package that will fit your specific needs. You can be sure it will be a day to remember!

Visit us at www.poppysevents.com for packages & details.

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,500

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Hannah Getting married on 03/06/2025

So fun and organized

Candace was truly the best! We did the month of package but we were from out of town and no matter what she would help me with any question I had! She helped organize everything so I wasn’t overwhelmed at all the day of!
    Christel M. Married on 10/17/2021

Best Wedding Coordinator!!

This review is long overdue. Planning through a pandemic and having to postpone once was very stressful. We decided to research wedding planners to help us through a stressful time of planning. We had spoken with a few other wedding planners but felt uncertain about moving forward because of our city’s constant changes in regulations. It was not until one of our close vendors recommended Candace Cox from Poppy’s Events. We decided to call Candace to inquire about her services and to see if her personality meshed with ours. We booked a Day of Coordination service with her and were super happy with the planning process.

Some of the highlights of working with Candace:

1. Personable and Professional- She was very easy to talk to. She asked great questions to understand our vision
    2. Great communicator- She emailed all our vendors 1 month out. During the last week before the wedding, Candace took over the planning and communication between all vendors and had phone conferences weekly to daily at times.
    3. Kept to our timeline and schedule, even when we came across a hiccup with our ceremony venue, she handled the situation quickly, efficiently, and professionally
    4. Very organized
    5. Helped with setting up and breaking down at the end of the night
    6. Transported decorations and other items that needed to be at both venues.
    7. She even took it upon herself and created a beautiful sign for our seating assignments.

Candace helped us to have our dream wedding and turned all of our visions into reality. If you are looking for a wedding planner or day coordinator, we have no doubt in our minds that Candace would be a great choice. You won’t be disappointed!

Candace, thank you for all of your hard work and your commitment to us. We really felt like we didn’t just have a wedding planner, but a friend as well. You made it happen, through the restrictions and all, and we are forever grateful for you.
  • Carissa
    Carissa O. Married on 10/16/2021

Hiring candace was the best decision we made for our wedding!

At first, my husband and I wanted to save money by coordinating and planning everything by ourselves. As time went on, our wedding planning became chaotic and very overwhelming. My friend recommended using her wedding coordinator, Candace (owner of Poppy Events). From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, she was so helpful, friendly, and organized! From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, I knew I wanted her as my coordinator.

Here are some (there were many!) of the things that I noticed about Candace that will help you make your decision:

1) She has been in the wedding industry for many years.
    Because of her expertise and knowledge, she is able to make recommendations about what materials to use, what color, how many tables, table/linen dimensions, places where you can save money, suggestions on what to cut out of your wedding to meet your budget, and so much more! I had a thick wedding book that I wanted to read, but Candace asked the right questions for everything that I needed for my wedding. She saved me time and money!

2) She is quick to respond to emails.
    Planning a wedding during a pandemic is tough, but Candace made it easy to communicate via email, text, and call. Even when I couldn't respond to emails as quickly, she was patient and never rushed me for an answer. When I answered her email, she promptly got back to me. My husband and I were impressed!

3) Candace was quick to rearrange wedding plans and make corrections.
    She made multiple floor plans for me because covid changed the number of people allowed at a wedding. Even after she made the final chart, I asked her to change it about 4-5 times. Candace patiently and willingly changed my floor plan without a complaint or pushback. In fact, each time I apologized, she told me not to be sorry and that my dream wedding was her goal (ugh, she's amazing!!)! We also made day of changes to the program and she quickly made room for our "groom surprise". Candace wasn't even phased and rolled with it!

4) Candace was perceptive and asked questions that I didn't even think about!
    I thought I had all the components of my wedding set and ready to go, but little did I know about all the "small" details of the wedding that I overlooked. She asked me tedious questions about cocktail napkins, leis for our parents, signage for food, who's handing over my bride gift to the groom, and so much more. Each time she asked questions, I was like, "Whoa! I didn't even think about that!".

5) On the day of my wedding she was a superstar!
    Candace knew everything that was going on during the wedding...where everyone was and at what time. Every time I asked her a question, she knew the answer and was able to direct me to the right person. Throughout the reception, she was handing me water, her assistant made us plates of food to make sure that we ate, and handed me everything I needed. At one point, she asked, "Do you need hairspray?", at which I didn't know I needed and she handed me a small, new bottle of travel hairspray--what an all-star! She already knew!

6) She was willing to do miscellaneous wedding errands.
    On the NIGHT of my wedding, we had a cocktail hour and the cocktail linens got a little dirty. I wanted my husband to wash it and bring it the next day, but she enthusiastically volunteered to bring all 16 of the cocktail linens home and wash it that night to bring back to the venue. She wasn't even in charge of the cocktail night but was happy to do it! We also used all of the cocktail cups and had no garbage bags. Candace got them for us! Again, she is a superstar!

7) She is very professional, but friendly and easy to talk with. My husband and I had an easy time working with Candace. She was patient with us and never rushed us. There was a point in our wedding plans when we had to totally change our plans. I was devastated and upset because we could've avoided the change, had we thought out everything beforehand. My husband talked with Candace and she was very understanding, kind, and flexible. She made all of the changes immediately.

Whew, that was a long review, but totally worth it and I haven't even said it all! If you are looking for a wedding coordinator that is organized, friendly, proactive, knowledgable, and professional, look no further, call Candace and her team immediately!

Thank you Candace and Poppy Events for giving my husband and I the wedding of our dreams (AND MORE!)! We wish we could hire you over and over again!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

335 Hahani St Kailua, HI, 96734
Location of (Poppy's Events LLC)

Other vendors in Honolulu for your wedding