Poppy's Events LLC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Hannah Getting married on 03/06/2025

So fun and organized

Candace was truly the best! We did the month of package but we were from out of town and no matter what she would help me with any question I had! She helped organize everything so I wasn’t overwhelmed at all the day of!
  • Danielle
    Danielle D. Married on 02/09/2022

Absolutely amazing

I cannot even begin to explain how helpful Candace was! She helped create the day of our dreams all while staying within our budget. She has a ton of connections and her recommendations were spot on. Our wedding was stress free, and we were able to enjoy every moment thanks to Candace and her team. If you are considering a wedding planner, go with Poppy’s Events! You will be blown away!
    Krista T. Married on 11/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Candace will be the best money you spend on your wedding

When we first started wedding planning, I was convinced I didn't need a wedding planner or day of coordinator, and that I could do it myself. After all, our wedding was going to be fairly minimalistic and simple and my venues didn't require a coordinator. When I started to realize everything that goes into the big day and tried to logistically figure out who would be able to help me achieve it while I was busy getting ready and most of my family and friends were flying in, I quickly realized a day of coordinator was a must.

From the moment we reached out to Candace, she was extremely helpful, professional, and great to work with. We had a phone call consult with her, and what sealed the deal is that she was mentioning details that I hadn't even thought of yet, and probably wouldn't have thought of (napkin folds, etc.). She also mentioned that although she is a day of coordinator, she jumps in 4 weeks before the wedding, so she can familiarize herself with our plans and take over the email communication with vendors. This really set her apart from others and it was a no brainer choosing her over the rest.

She jumped in 4 weeks before the wedding as promised. She actually helped answer a few questions regarding day of itinerary for my photographer a few weeks before that, which I was super grateful for. Her communication with us and vendors was quick and professional. She ran our wedding rehearsal the day before our wedding which she made quick, easy, and fun. She even arrived before rehearsal to our reception venue (different than ceremony) to review decor set up in person, which was just another way she took worries off our plate.

On the wedding day, she made sure everything ran seamlessly. They always say something goes wrong on your wedding day, but if there was something I definitely wasn't aware because Candace handled it. It was truly a stress free day, and I owe that to Candace and her team. She set the decor up perfectly, made sure we stayed on schedule, and handled final payments/gratuities at the end of the night. Her and her team also took care of breakdown at the end of the night. I can't say enough positive things about her and her team, and I don't have a single critique.

If you are on the fence, choose Candace. It will be the best money you spend on your wedding.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Christel M. Married on 10/17/2021

Best Wedding Coordinator!!

This review is long overdue. Planning through a pandemic and having to postpone once was very stressful. We decided to research wedding planners to help us through a stressful time of planning. We had spoken with a few other wedding planners but felt uncertain about moving forward because of our city’s constant changes in regulations. It was not until one of our close vendors recommended Candace Cox from Poppy’s Events. We decided to call Candace to inquire about her services and to see if her personality meshed with ours. We booked a Day of Coordination service with her and were super happy with the planning process.

Some of the highlights of working with Candace:

1. Personable and Professional- She was very easy to talk to. She asked great questions to understand our vision
    2. Great communicator- She emailed all our vendors 1 month out. During the last week before the wedding, Candace took over the planning and communication between all vendors and had phone conferences weekly to daily at times.
    3. Kept to our timeline and schedule, even when we came across a hiccup with our ceremony venue, she handled the situation quickly, efficiently, and professionally
    4. Very organized
    5. Helped with setting up and breaking down at the end of the night
    6. Transported decorations and other items that needed to be at both venues.
    7. She even took it upon herself and created a beautiful sign for our seating assignments.

Candace helped us to have our dream wedding and turned all of our visions into reality. If you are looking for a wedding planner or day coordinator, we have no doubt in our minds that Candace would be a great choice. You won’t be disappointed!

Candace, thank you for all of your hard work and your commitment to us. We really felt like we didn’t just have a wedding planner, but a friend as well. You made it happen, through the restrictions and all, and we are forever grateful for you.
  • Carissa
    Carissa O. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hiring candace was the best decision we made for our wedding!

At first, my husband and I wanted to save money by coordinating and planning everything by ourselves. As time went on, our wedding planning became chaotic and very overwhelming. My friend recommended using her wedding coordinator, Candace (owner of Poppy Events). From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, she was so helpful, friendly, and organized! From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, I knew I wanted her as my coordinator.

Here are some (there were many!) of the things that I noticed about Candace that will help you make your decision:

1) She has been in the wedding industry for many years.
    Because of her expertise and knowledge, she is able to make recommendations about what materials to use, what color, how many tables, table/linen dimensions, places where you can save money, suggestions on what to cut out of your wedding to meet your budget, and so much more! I had a thick wedding book that I wanted to read, but Candace asked the right questions for everything that I needed for my wedding. She saved me time and money!

2) She is quick to respond to emails.
    Planning a wedding during a pandemic is tough, but Candace made it easy to communicate via email, text, and call. Even when I couldn't respond to emails as quickly, she was patient and never rushed me for an answer. When I answered her email, she promptly got back to me. My husband and I were impressed!

3) Candace was quick to rearrange wedding plans and make corrections.
    She made multiple floor plans for me because covid changed the number of people allowed at a wedding. Even after she made the final chart, I asked her to change it about 4-5 times. Candace patiently and willingly changed my floor plan without a complaint or pushback. In fact, each time I apologized, she told me not to be sorry and that my dream wedding was her goal (ugh, she's amazing!!)! We also made day of changes to the program and she quickly made room for our "groom surprise". Candace wasn't even phased and rolled with it!

4) Candace was perceptive and asked questions that I didn't even think about!
    I thought I had all the components of my wedding set and ready to go, but little did I know about all the "small" details of the wedding that I overlooked. She asked me tedious questions about cocktail napkins, leis for our parents, signage for food, who's handing over my bride gift to the groom, and so much more. Each time she asked questions, I was like, "Whoa! I didn't even think about that!".

5) On the day of my wedding she was a superstar!
    Candace knew everything that was going on during the wedding...where everyone was and at what time. Every time I asked her a question, she knew the answer and was able to direct me to the right person. Throughout the reception, she was handing me water, her assistant made us plates of food to make sure that we ate, and handed me everything I needed. At one point, she asked, "Do you need hairspray?", at which I didn't know I needed and she handed me a small, new bottle of travel hairspray--what an all-star! She already knew!

6) She was willing to do miscellaneous wedding errands.
    On the NIGHT of my wedding, we had a cocktail hour and the cocktail linens got a little dirty. I wanted my husband to wash it and bring it the next day, but she enthusiastically volunteered to bring all 16 of the cocktail linens home and wash it that night to bring back to the venue. She wasn't even in charge of the cocktail night but was happy to do it! We also used all of the cocktail cups and had no garbage bags. Candace got them for us! Again, she is a superstar!

7) She is very professional, but friendly and easy to talk with. My husband and I had an easy time working with Candace. She was patient with us and never rushed us. There was a point in our wedding plans when we had to totally change our plans. I was devastated and upset because we could've avoided the change, had we thought out everything beforehand. My husband talked with Candace and she was very understanding, kind, and flexible. She made all of the changes immediately.

Whew, that was a long review, but totally worth it and I haven't even said it all! If you are looking for a wedding coordinator that is organized, friendly, proactive, knowledgable, and professional, look no further, call Candace and her team immediately!

Thank you Candace and Poppy Events for giving my husband and I the wedding of our dreams (AND MORE!)! We wish we could hire you over and over again!
    Adriana L. Married on 09/17/2021

Truly a Dream Wedding!

Working with Candace at Poppy’s events was one of the best experiences me and my partner could have asked for. From the very start, Candace was nothing but kind, understanding, forthcoming and professional. She guided us every step of way, as we were coming from New York and needed as much assistance as we could get. She worked with us and our budget, worked with our vendors to ensure we were getting the best value. From picking out florals and decor, to chairs, to food and drink, Candace gave us a wonderful experience through and through. She was extremely responsive whether is was via text, call or email. We could not be happier with the service provided and highly recommend working with Candace if you want the most magical wedding day! Thank you so much again!
    Rachael P. Married on 07/27/2021

Best Wedding Planner!!!!!

Jessica was absolutely wonderful. Her calm and collected demeanor made my wedding day so much less stressful. She was organized and personable and helped set up my venue with no problems. I don't think I could've done it without her! I highly recommend her to help make your dream wedding come true! Mahalo for everything Candice!
    Cristina H. Married on 06/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Poppy Events exceeded our expectations!

Candace was an astounding Day-of-Coordinator. She is dedicated, organized, creative, and very hard working.

I started planning my Hawaiian destination wedding from California in 2019, right before the pandemic hit. I quickly realized that my plan for a 200-person summer wedding in 2021 was unlikely, so my husband and I opted for a micro-wedding with immediate family and a few close friends.

Candace was there through the ups and downs and supported us the entire way! She was easy to communicate with during the planning process, and acted as our point of contact between our venue and our vendors. She went above and beyond the call of duty for us; even transporting guests and decorations from the ceremony to the reception site.

We truly enjoyed our wedding day (and the days leading up) because we felt comfortable knowing we had her to make sure that everything went smoothly. She kept us on time throughout the day and was flexible with us even through last-minute changes. I am a specialty events planner for the University of South California, with an eye for detail and Candace met all of my expectations!

Our wedding was seamless and worry-free thank's to Candace, her team, and their hard work.
    Thank you, Candace!
  • Lydia
    Lydia M. Married on 08/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing skillful wedding coordinator!

Candace and her team did an amazing job in taking over the details for my wedding! I didn't have any questions asked of me on the day of and everything fell within the timeline of my wedding day! Most of all, Candace did an amazing job dealing with the drama from my venue that was unexpected and she was most professional about it as well. Her knowledge of the industry was incredibly helpful in planning my wedding and I would use her again for other events!
  • Ryan
    Ryan C. Married on 01/05/2020

Stress Free!

Candace was very professional and made our special day completely stress free.
    Kim B. Married on 09/15/2019

Poppy’s events

Hiring Poppy Events for my daughters wedding was probably the best decision we made for this amazing unforgettable day !
  • Jamielyn
    Jamielyn Married on 08/25/2019

Poppy's Events is the BEST

We found Candace scrolling through Instagram while trying to find a wedding planner. She had very reasonable prices and we were under a very tight budget! I read nothing but great reviews about her and so
    I didn't hesitate to book her. We had her for only the day-of-coordination however she helped me out a lot even up to a month before the wedding! Such a sweet and kind person, and I would highly highly highly recommend her to anyone looking for a planner that is very reliable and responsive. She covered all my bases and even covered things that my husband and I did not even think of. Our wedding rehearsal and entire wedding day went by sooo incredibly smoothly and it would have not been done without Candace and her team. My husband and I and our families enjoyed our night and had no worries from beginning to end. I have zero complaints. Candace is an angel, and meant for this business!!! She is worth the investment!!
    Kristine G. Married on 05/14/2019

Best decision we made!

I originally met Candace when she coordinated my sister's wedding, and she had nothing but great things to say about her experience with her. When I got engaged, the first thing I did was hire her to be our day of wedding coordinator. Although we hired her for the day-of, she really went above and beyond and helped us out with our wedding layout and timeline. The day of our wedding went seamlessly! I don't know how she did it! Although I was worried because of some last minute rain we had to deal with, Candace handled everything (coordinating getting a tent and last minute floor plan changes), which allowed us to just relax and enjoy our special day. I'm a pretty detailed person and Candace's level of organization and detail was top notch. We traveled from California to Hawaii for our wedding, and I had wrapped up all the decor securely in bubble wrap and paper. I don't know how her and her team did it, but when we left the venue (not even an hour after the event was over), all of the decor was wrapped up and packed just as perfectly as I had done it. I was not expecting this at all! Candace seriously goes above and beyond. We are so happy that we got to work with her for our wedding. She is so sweet, down to earth, and easy to talk to. Thank you Candace for making our day stress free!
    Nicole Married on 05/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Have your best day ever with Candace because she is the BEST!

Our wedding would not have happened without Candace and her team. Our wedding was last weekend, March 14, 2020. It fell on the Saturday after our President declared COVID19 a national emergency and the weekend before travel restrictions were put into place. I was devastated by all the last minute cancellations we were receiving and I was pretty much worthless when it came to the home stretch of finalizing details. It was heartbreaking after planning our wedding for a year and a half. Candace was our lifesaver to pick us up so we could experience the wedding of our dreams. I lead into this review with the dramatic backstory because I do not believe our 170 pax wedding was easy to deliver. Yet, despite the out of our control last minute changes, Candace was our hero. She is incredibly professional, very responsive and confidently calm during the most challenging of times.

I can understand a lot of couples may be looking for the expertise of a wedding professional to help them as so many events are being postponed or cancelled at this time. As you consider your options, I would wholeheartedly recommend Candace and her team.

I originally heard about Poppy’s Events from a friend who raved about Candace after hiring them for their wedding in March 2019. My husband and I have demanding jobs that we love and knew it would be better for us to get professional support. Candace shared her resources ahead of time and gave us templates to use so we would be on the same page as her as we progressed. I wanted to secure my own vendors and was doing pretty good until I ran into trouble confirming a florist. I reached out to her for help before time ran out. She helped me to source different vendors who were within my budget. Candace also helped to clarify my questions and translated it into floral vendor language which was helpful to reduce the back and forth with the busy vendors.

Our wedding day went flawlessly. The set up was beautiful thanks to her and the team and everything went according to the timeline. We received so many compliments from our friends and family on the event. To her credit, we also received many compliments from her fellow vendors that we hired about how fantastic Candace was to work with. The day goes by so fast and I am so grateful she owned the details and timeline so we could take it all in. I am sure a lot happened behind the scenes that they handled on their own so my husband and I could have so much fun and the best day ever. Thank you Candace! I miss you already!
    Stephanie Married on 04/02/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t of done the wedding without them

I did a destination wedding, Candace gave amazing recommendations that gave me the wedding of my dreams. I would of been lost without her and her team. Highly recommend!
    Mila Married on 03/30/2019

Glad I got a Day-Of Coordinator

I honestly didn't think I needed a wedding coordinator. I didn't mind the coordinating with all the vendors, working out the timeline and details of everything. However, when I found out that our hotel catering person I was working with wasn't actually going to be there to help coordinate everything that was in the banquet order, I looked into getting a day-of coordinator. I found Candace and her team as a recommendation from my florist and it was the best decision ever! I did my part up until the wedding day and she took care of everything else that day. I could drink up and didn't have to worry about anything during the ceremony and reception! Even after the reception, when the last thing you want to do is clean up and collect your personal items, Candace took care of everything and whatever leftover stuff we brought in for the wedding was "magically" in our room when I woke up the next day or waiting for us with the hotel to pick up when we checked out. Candace was super easy to work with and brought up with good points during final steps of the planning process which was very helpful! Whether you're looking for a day-of coordinator or want her to plan the whole thing for you, Candace will get it done!
    Natalie K. Married on 11/19/2018

Amazing Wedding Planner!!

I don't know what I would have done without Candace. She is very detailed and organized and it is clear she is experienced in wedding planning. I was planning a wedding in Hawaii from the mainland and she was helped with phone calls, spreadsheets, communication with vendors, and so many details that I wouldn't have thought of. She also took time out of her busy schedule to meet with my husband and I when we went to the island for a quick trip. The actual wedding day ran so smoothly and it was all because of her. I didn't have to worry about a thing; I knew I was in good hands. On top of all this she is the sweetest person and I would HIGHLY recommend her. Mahalo Candace!
    Shannon W. Married on 09/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hiring Candace was the best decision we made!

At first, my husband and I were not going to get a wedding planner - we wanted to try to plan it on our own. Then a friend referred us to Candace (from Poppy's Events) and after one phone call we were hooked!

Candace was INCREDIBLE! In addition to being extremely organized and professional, she has great a network of vendors that she works with on Oahu. Whenever we came to a critical decision point she clearly laid out our options and empowered my husband and I to make informed decisions that were right for our wedding (without us having to do hours of internet research and calling vendors ourselves!).

She truly helped us every step of the way and made the process SO much less stressful. If you’re on the fence about getting a wedding planner I’d give Candace a call. Looking back, it truly was the single best decision that we made for our entire wedding. I know that may sounds odd – but the decision to hire Candace made literally every other decision in the process easier. And as a bonus, she is a complete sweetheart that you will enjoy working with.
    Lissa (. Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Thank you to Candace and her team for their deft hand, calm, patience, attention to detail, amazing memory and presence. There is no doubt they were key to the success of the wedding and reception. I was able to enjoy every moment and can not imagine a more smooth and fun wedding. I know that is mostly thanks to planning and lots of background management and work. Kudos from the MOB...
    Suzy Married on 04/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Candace is amazing!!! This wedding could not have happened without her expertise, care and constant support! Candace is very organized and her experience enabled me to incorporate all things necessary to make my son and his new wife's wedding fabulous in every way. Our guests were overwhelmed with the overall feeling of the wedding and the special moments were highlighted in a loving way. Many thanks Candace... Mahalo to a special lady! I recommend Candace as THE person to help you plan and make your special event happen!
    Chelsea Married on 12/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Candace is amazing!!! We hired her as our week of coordinator for our wedding and she went above and beyond the call of duty! She made sure EVERYTHING was perfect and took care of the smallest details that we would never have thought of ourselves. We were able to sit and eat, spend time with our guests, and really enjoy our wedding instead of running around making sure everything was in line. We will most definitely recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or event in the future!
    Hailey Married on 10/22/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the initial consult to our actual wedding day, and all the craziness in between, Candace has been absolutely amazing! There's so much that goes into a wedding and as the bride, it's hard to keep tract of everything and still try to stay a few steps ahead. Candace helped facilitate the process and really invested her time into making our wedding so special. She kept us on task regarding deadlines and communicated with vendors during the last couple weeks before the wedding so I could focus on just being a bride and soon to be wife (which is so important)! Thank you so much Candace, we are so grateful for all that you've helped us with!
    Keegen Married on 05/06/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Candace is such an outstanding wedding planner! She is the reason our wedding turned out so smooth and wonderful. Her organization and attention to detail is impeccable. We loved every moment working with sweet Candace!
    Alyssa Married on 03/09/2017

Organized and Professional!

Candace is organized, responsive, and well-connected in the wedding industry. She went above and beyond my expectations and made our wedding day stress-free and beautiful. She is nice and easy to work with, but at the same time she will do whatever is necessary to make your day perfect. I'm so happy I decided to hire her and I recommend her to anyone. Thank you so much, Poppy's Events!
illustration stars