505 Court Street 2D, Brooklyn, NY 11231 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,250
Availability Check your date

About Photomuse

"Be true to your work and your work will be true to you" - inscribed on the seal of Pratt Institute

"It is especially important to be true to oneself in a world where images, ideas, and technology change so rapidly. By being able to articulate my goals as an artist and by continuing to challenge myself with new techniques and knowledge, I ensure that my photographic work harmonizes with who I am as a person."

Upon graduating with a BFA in photography from Pratt Institute, Kristin went on to become the studio manager for the esteemed Magnum photographer, Elliott Erwitt. Under the tutelage of Elliott, Kristin acquired a more capacious understanding of the history of photography and of the unique and diverse contributions of those who define the field. Her work with Elliott also provided a forum from which to create and develop her own artistic style.

After eight years in Erwitt's studio, Kristin moved to Japan, where for two and a half years she sought to use her new environment to expand and challenge her photographic art. With many opportunities to pursue underwater photography, she was able to bring to her palate a new appreciation of seeing light and color and how the world maintains its harmony. Her travels throughout the densely rich population of Asia provided new challenges for capturing human details and stolen moments as well as giving her a new attentiveness to the cultural differences that makes each person and wedding unique.

Kristin approaches each wedding with a fresh outlook and treats each couple individually, always striving to photograph each wedding in a new and exciting way. Always working to further her art, she stays current with industry trends to be able to offer each couple a wide variety of ideas and products. Kristin's wedding day approach is thoughtful and caring, staying sensitive to the day's flow and never intruding.

BUR100122385

Photomuse 5
Photomuse 6
Photomuse 7

Leah · Married on 10/06/2017

I really can't say enough about Kristin. She is so personable and professional. When we first met her for a consultation, we ended up talking for two hours! We clicked immediately. An engagement shoot was included in our photo package and it was a great way to prepare for our big day, which Kristin had recommended during our consultation. We weren't planning on having an engagement shoot, since we had a long engagement, but since it was included in our photo package we figured "why not". I am glad we did it because it definitely was great practice--it helped both of us get used to being in front of the camera and acting natural. This was really important for my now-husband who doesn't like having his photo taken, so finding someone we clicked with was very important. Kristin made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera during our engagement shoot, that I didn't even notice her on our wedding day! She has a great eye for creativity and captured every emotion on our wedding day! We can't stop looking at all of our amazing photos!

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Photomuse 15
    Photomuse 16
    Photomuse 17

Jennie · Married on 08/19/2017

We are beyond grateful to have had Kristen to capture the most important day of our lives!
    My husband and I typically clam up during photo ops, so it was so important to have someone as warm and imaginative as Kristen to make us feel comfortable (even excited) to have our photos taken. We first met Kristen during our engagement shoot, at an abandoned, graffiti covered army fort. She was up for exploring it just as much as we were, and found the perfect balance between finding creative spots to shoot and capturing honest moments of intimacy.
    She carried that same energy into our wedding day. She was able to work with our schedule (which changed the day of), while also being a comforting presence to my flower girl, who was frustrated with all of us adults who were taking too long getting ready, in addition to a totally disorganized and panicked bride.
    Having someone there to document our day who felt genuinely excited to be there took so much pressure off the both of us. I cried so many times browsing through our photos, as she really managed to capture so many beautiful and ridiculous moments we now have preserved.
    Thank you so much, Kristin!!!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Photomuse 18
    Photomuse 19
    Photomuse 20
    Photomuse 21
    Photomuse 22
    Photomuse 23

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2014

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Kristin Reimer of Photomuse is not only the best photographer I've ever encountered, but also the most competent, professional, and artistic vendor I had the sincere pleasure of working with for our wedding.

She was on top of everything from the beginning. Her response time for correspondence was the best we've worked with - she would answer each email thoroughly and quickly. We always felt like she knew us and everything about our wedding throughout the entire planning process. She would even send occasional emails of things that made her think of our wedding, for example a cute wine-themed favor that might work for our guests. Her effort level was above and beyond.

In terms of photography we could not have been happier with the quality and artistry of the photos we received. She included an engagement session with our package and we were thrilled with the results. We had such a fun afternoon with her taking photos and she entirely understood and captured our preferred style, focusing on incorporating nature into our photos. We had the same wonderful experience during the wedding day with her and her partner, Steven. Both were amazing at capturing the entire day from the atmosphere and mood to the important people present. We are just over the moon with how incredible the photos turned out! Equally important, we had a great time working with them. They put us at ease the entire day, which helped us to relax, have fun and enjoy being in the moment.

I could not more highly recommend Kristin and Steven of Photomuse! I will absolutely seek them out for any event in my life in need of professional photography and would recommend them to anyone fully!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Photomuse FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

• Juliet Events
    Juliet Events Wedding Planners

There are not enough words to describe how wonderful Kristin and Steven are. They are so easy to work with and go above and beyond for their clients. As wedding planners we have worked with many photographers, few have exceeded our expectations the way Photomuse has. Their work is fabulous, we love working with them and they make our job as wedding planners very enjoyable. We continue to recommend Photomuse to all our clients!

• 505 Court Street, 2D Brooklyn, 11231 See on map