1275 E 6th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021 Map · Phone number

About Our Labor Of Love

We sincerely hope you're looking at our website because you're interested in unique photographs that capture real beauty rather than manufactured robo-photos that pasteurize originality. Don't get us wrong, we can do both -- but if an occasion is special enough to make you want to save it forever, why risk losing it with phony poses and staged scenery?

We think you, your family celebrations, your friends and your true loves are beautiful, and any images that represent these milestones should illustrate the pure joy in these moments. In fact, the wife part of this husband-and-wife team will no doubt disarm you with her gentleness and charm while the husband part loosens you up with his cynical witticisms so that before you know it, you've got a miasma of artful photographs so achingly beautiful it will make your heart break like an egg. In fact, that is our hope here at Our Labor of Love Photography Studio, to break open everyone's heart, because a closed heart is not photogenic.

But if you like the other kind of photographs, with the stilted posturing and the portraits where the subject looks as authentic as a big breast implant, we can do that, too, I guess. We're incredibly agreeable, but we'll probably try to talk you into loosening up.

weddingwire045
weddingwire045
weddingwire001
weddingwire002

40 Reviews for Our Labor Of Love

Our Labor of Love was awesome to work with. I planned my wedding in a short time-line, just over 7 months. They were my first choice photographer and I couldn’t believe they were available on my date in such short notice. I also had to move my date forward after getting on contract (due to venue availability) and they were still able to work with me. It was important for me to trust my vendors because our wedding was a destination wedding in San Diego (we live on the East Coast). I never got to meet our photographers (Jesse + Jesh) ahead of time but we felt so comfortable with them regardless.

We aren’t exactly comfortable in front of a camera, but they had so many tricks to make us feel at east and have fun in front of the lens. Another great thing is that they were able to blend into our wedding and crowd so that nobody felt distracted by them during the ceremony. We also had many group photos we wanted and they worked with us to get them all in!

We haven’t gotten our photos back yet (it’s only been two weeks), but I know they will be beautiful!!

Rosa · Married on 08/30/2014

I had a very specific wedding photography style in mind, and Heidi Geldhauser of Our Labor of Love did a wonderful job capturing our big day. Even before the wedding day Heidi was quick to respond to any questions that I had, and made sure to ask all the right things so that there wouldn't be any confusion on the big day.

The first time I met Heidi and her second shooter was the morning of my wedding while I was getting ready, and I felt comfortable around her right away. She took all the pre-requisite getting ready photos without them feeling overly posed, and without getting in the way at all. She made sure to get all the shots that I had requested (with specific non-bridal party family members), and I never felt rushed even though it started to rain while we were taking photos before the actual ceremony. She knew the best spots at my venue to take portraits and I loved the variety of group shots. Even though our original plans changed (I had wanted to go to a nearby park for portraits) because of the weather, I don't think that I missed out on anything photo-wise.

When I received the online gallery of photos, I actually squealed because I loved all the photos so much. Not just because it was my own wedding, but because all of the photos were beautifully shot, whether it be a photo of the venue decor, the food, the flowers, posed portraits, candid guest photos, or people on the dance floor. I'm going to have such a hard time picking which photos to get printed to hang up and to put in my wedding photo book. I received the final photos within a month of my wedding, which I believe is a reasonable time for edits.

If you want beautiful, Pinterest-worthy photos that make your big day look even more awesome than it already was, I would recommend Heidi in a heartbeat.

Aimée · Married on 06/14/2014

I cannot say enough about the sheer talent that is Heidi Geldhauser. She has such a unique and creative eye. I trusted so much in her style that I really didn't give her too many instructions prior to the wedding, and she did not disappoint. She is ready to work with you in every capacity, be it budget, scheduling, or ideas. Heidi is an absolute pro and such a fabulous person. Everyone at the wedding just adored her and her team. It is so clear Heidi loves what she does, that passion comes through in her photos. So overjoyed with her work.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Our Labor Of Love FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? Liability Insurance

• Lethal Rhythms
    Lethal Rhythms Wedding DJs

I have worked with the "Labor of Love" team several times. Working with both Jessie & Whitney, and with Heidi & Julia I have always been impressed with the level of professionalism and the excitement they bring to each event. If you are looking for a good team for photographers in Atlanta, or even outside of Atlanta.. definitely consider this crew. Our Labor of Love shows creativity in spades and the style of photography is certainly unique and artistic. My type of professional. Look them up, you won't be disappointed! - Joel Rabe of Lethal Rhythms

• event perfect
    event perfect Wedding Planners

Always amazing work. These two are truly a phenomenal team, and so very fun to work with.

• Little Sparrow Floral Design
    Little Sparrow Floral Design Wedding Florists

Our Labor of Love is one of our favorite vendors! We love them!!!!!

• 1275 E 6th Street Los Angeles, 90021 See on map