Order She Wrote Calligraphy

Astoria, NY View map

I am an actor who fell in love with a hobby (that my mom thought I should look into because I had really good handwriting--thanks mom) that has now become my beloved business. I love meeting couples and their families, particularly sharing the collaborative effort that makes weddings so exciting and unique each time. Since 2015, I have provided for countless weddings, parties, special events, and created many custom pieces that will last for years to come. I offer a variety of styles (each named after the most important loved ones in my life!) which accommodates a range of budgets.

I have great love for the art of hand lettering and modern calligraphy. (Steady hands help, too.) I am based out of NYC, but also have roots in Washington DC, and Martha's Vineyard! I can write on anything from paper to rocks: trust me with your cherished items and I'll create a handwritten keepsake from your special day. My styles vary from casual and quirky to elegant and flourished. I love using everything from shimmering metallic inks to the classic black with a matte finish, but I can definitely jive with JellyRolls and a good Sharpie. (You'd be surprised.) All can be wielded to create your customized finished product which will enhance the aesthetic of that special day!

What invitation and card products do you offer?

Custom Invitations
Menus
Place Cards
Programs
RSVP Cards
Save the Dates

What services do you provide?

Addressing

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Bryan
    Bryan P. Married on 06/11/2022

We LOVE Order She Wrote

Order She Wrote did our invites, calligraphy, and signage. We could not be happier. They came out beautiful and Joanna was a PLEASURE to work with as we created the suite. We'd hire her again in a heartbeat. We are so glad we went with her.
  • Jamie
    Jamie S. Married on 06/11/2022

The BEST Calligrapher!

Joanna is truly a gem. If I could rate her work a 100 outta 5, I would! From the initial planning discussions to the editing process to receiving the final invitations, Joanna is INCREDIBLY detail-oriented and a MASTER at her craft. She's prompt, responsive, and professional. She perfectly executed our vision, while offering support and suggestions along the way! She was collaborative and helpful in liaising with Ana from the printer and her illustrator Tiffany. On top of our invitations, she illustrated our bar signs, which turned out GORGEOUS, and are now decor in our home. I couldn't recommend Order She Wrote more highly - THANK YOU JOANNA!
  • Megan
    Megan M. Married on 10/23/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Joanna is so kind and creative!

Joanna is awesome! I know Joanna personally in NYC and I had the idea to use vinyl 45 records as our table numbers and immediately thought of her work. When I asked Joanna if she could do calligraphy on the ridges, (which I'd imagine is a tricky surface) she immediately sent a mock-up which was exactly what I had in mind! They were so beautiful and a great way to add some character and incorporate my husband and I's love for music into our wedding. Joanna is the best!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Astoria, NY, 11106
Location of (Order She Wrote Calligraphy)

Other vendors in Greater New York City Metro for your wedding