Astoria, NY 11106 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Order She Wrote Calligraphy

I am an actor who fell in love with a hobby (that my mom thought I should look into because I had really good handwriting--thanks mom) that has now become my beloved business. I love meeting couples and their families, particularly sharing the collaborative effort that makes weddings so exciting and unique each time. Since 2015, I have provided for countless weddings, parties, special events, and created many custom pieces that will last for years to come. I offer a variety of styles (each named after the most important loved ones in my life!) which accommodates a range of budgets.

I have great love for the art of hand lettering and modern calligraphy. (Steady hands help, too.) I am based out of NYC, but also have roots in Washington DC, and Martha's Vineyard! I can write on anything from paper to rocks: trust me with your cherished items and I'll create a handwritten keepsake from your special day. My styles vary from casual and quirky to elegant and flourished. I love using everything from shimmering metallic inks to the classic black with a matte finish, but I can definitely jive with JellyRolls and a good Sharpie. (You'd be surprised.) All can be wielded to create your customized finished product which will enhance the aesthetic of that special day!

Follow Order She Wrote Calligraphy on

7 Reviews for Order She Wrote Calligraphy

1 User photo

• O

Olivia Tedaldi · Married on 09/07/2019

Order She Wrote Exceeds Expectations!!

Joanna is a total joy to work with. She is a beautiful artist and an efficient, capable, experienced businesswoman.

Order She Wrote was recommended to me by a friend whose wedding calligraphy I admired and I will be recommending her all my friends for everything from invitation design to the perfect nib or blush calligraphy work.

Joanna really went above and beyond for my fiancee and I. She made an absolutely, spot-on, perfect custom color of our invitations and reception while bringing the perfect punch of kicky, happy modernity to our red accented rehearsal dinner.

I will definitely be using Joanna again.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2018

Fabulous Calligrapher!

Joanna was a dream to work with and her calligraphy is truly stunning. If like me, you’ve landed on Order She Wrote after scouring every wedding website and instagram for hours, stop here and hire Joanna. In retrospect, hiring Joanna was absolutely one of my best wedding choices. Joanna worked seamlessly with my invitation designer/letterpress company in order to put together the most fabulous invitation suite, which was in no small part thanks to Joanna’s calligraphy (used both throughout the letterpressed suite and full envelope addressing). When the pre-wedding tasks ramped up, Joanna proved to be upbeat and a breath of fresh air. Mind you, she had just gotten engaged herself when she excitedly took on the task of hand-lettering 250+ French Bulldog shaped escort cards and a variety of other tasks, and completed each quickly. Joanna was also consistently communicative, flexible, and her work product was flawless. I can not recommend Order She Wrote highly enough!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Order She Wrote Calligraphy FAQ

• What invitation and card products do you offer?
    Custom Invitations
    Menus
    Place Cards
    Programs
    RSVP Cards
    Save the Dates
  • What services do you provide?
    Addressing
    Assembly
    Calligraphy
    Design
    In-Person Consultations

• Astoria, NY, 11106 See on map
    301-273-1574 (Phone number)
    Location of (Order She Wrote Calligraphy)