Kula, HI 96790 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 16
  • Real Weddings 2

About Ohana Films

Aloha from Ohana Films.

We are Kent and Darlene and we love to create beautiful wedding films. Our approach is to capture the true essence of your day in a natural documentary style. We don't "direct" our couples or ask them to fake anything, instead we artistically document the actual events of their incredibly important day. The result is personal, emotional and most importantly it is genuine.

Your wedding day is truly as important to us as it is to you. We care about the couples we work with and we take great care and pride in the films we make for them.

A little bit about us… We came to live in Hawaii by way of Chicago, where we met and fell in love. We understand both sides of the wedding business because we recently got married! We are lucky to call Maui home and do our best to enjoy everything this island has to offer. We love to paddleboard, surf, snorkel, hike and relax at the beach. We take A LOT of pictures of our cats Miso & daisy!

Let's talk about your wedding!

Kent & Darlene
Ohana Films

Get to know us via Instagram :)
instagram.com/ohanafilms

• Videos 11

17 Reviews for Ohana Films

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2018

Your search for a wedding videographer stops here

I booked Darlene and Kent of Ohana Films for our June 30, 2018 wedding because they are the absolute best in the industry. In the Hawaiian Islands, their reputation precedes them as a sweet husband and wife team who have an artistic eye and incredible talent for videography and cinematography. Their website reads, “We approach every wedding video with a filmmaker's sensibility and treat each film as a work of art. Capturing genuine moments, both big and small, is very important to us. We are not going to ask you to fake any moments or perform in any way.” This comes across in their authentic documentary-style films, which are each unique, creative, and magical. After perusing their website it is easy to see why Ohana’s booking calendar often fills up a year in advance.
    Besides all this, Kent and Darlene are two of the most approachable, kind, and cool people I know. They kept in contact with me during my entire wedding-planning process and were so helpful with wedding advice (because, ya know, they have been to a few weddings ;-). I also loved to keep in touch about the small-kine animal rescue operation they have going on at their house (lol) and the adventures of Nana, Pumpkin, Daisy, Miso, and the one-eared Cementy. (Seriously, D&K are angels!)
    On our wedding day, as promised, all we had to do was relax and enjoy. Ohana quietly captured the entire day like a fly on the wall and what came out of it was a beautiful, candid, modern, epic, cinematic video production which you can see here: https://youtu.be/J4FFEtafOm8
    When my husband and I watched the video for the first time we were blown away as it surpassed all of our expectations. We laughed, we cried (ok maybe just I did), and we relived the whole day in 8 minutes and 53 seconds of highlights. The video captured the very heart and soul of our wedding and allowed us to see moments we might have missed or otherwise forgotten. The music is *on point* and it is apparent a lot of time, thought, energy, and attention to detail was given to the film’s production. A value cannot be placed on this video, which we will be able to watch time and again, as well as share with family and friends.
    Mahalo nui loa, Darlene and Kent, for this beautiful gift we will forever treasure.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Lorie · Married on 08/17/2017

Where do I begin. I am a huge fan of Ohana films and highly recommend them to anyone and everyone. I first found Kent and Darlene through their YouTube channel and Vemo account several months before I was engaged. Thanks to them, my now wife and I married at Olowalu plantation house which we fell in love w/ by seeing it on Ohana's page. Ohana and Olowalu were actually the first things we booked when we started wedding planning.
    The highlight films of the weddings they attended were so unique and well crafted, I knew I needed to own a piece of their work. It was not a want but a need. Our e-mail correspondence w/ Kent and Darlene were so personable that I knew that we made the right choice. They responded to all our questions w/ details and we were also able to get more on a friendly level that we shared stories of our family and cats. Meeting Kent and Darlene through FaceTime made it all real and they were just as excited as we were. And meeting them in person was even better. On our wedding day, they arrived fully geared and ready to roll. They really know how to cater to their clients. They are very professional, great personalities, amazing to work with and just wonderful human beings. They went above and beyond my expectations. I could go on and on about them because they made my experience with them one to remember. I literally bragged about them to my family and friends.
    Kent and Darlene, you both are amazing!!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

sarah · Married on 03/11/2017

Darlene and Kent from Ohana Films are incredible to work with. They make everything feel so comfortable and natural and work hand in hand to get the right angles, sometimes two, when there is that perfect shot. They are so flexible and approachable, and made everything so fun! They captured all of the best moments of our day. Thank you to this amazing team for your graciousness and willingness to work together with Driftwood to make our wedding video the most beautiful and special memory of our best day ever!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Ohana Films FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding videography services? $ 5,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 6,500.00
  • What videography services do you offer? Add'l Hours, Drone Footage, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Save The Date
  • What final video formats do you offer? Digital Download, USB Flash Drive

Real Weddings

• Can Ham Photo Booth
    Can Ham Photo Booth Photo Booths

So talented and such lovely people!! A husband and wife film-making team...such a delight to work with! I LOVE all the moments they captured for our mutual clients at their wedding, highly recommend!

• Sugar Beach Events
    Sugar Beach Events Banquet Halls

One of the best videographers in Maui. They capture each endearing moment beautifully.

• Ululani's Shave Ice Catering
    Ululani's Shave Ice Catering Wedding Caterers

We're addicted to watching videos from Ohana Films! Kent & Darlene are always super professional and get the most unique shots and special moments and details at events.

• Kula, 96790 See on map