1360 Hiahia St., Wailuku, HI 96793 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 19
  • Real Weddings 3
  • Deals 1

About HI FOCUSED cinematography

We are celebrating 10 years of 5 star service!
Awarded Hawaii's best Wedding Cinematographer. HI FOCUSED is dedicated to making exceptional wedding films that are both visually captivating and emotionally moving. We take pride in our unobtrusive filming, creative editing and attention to detail. This dedication to excellence is reflected in our highest awards and rave reviews.
Further, we get to know each of you, your story and vision for your day so we can craft you a personalized & beautiful wedding film.

I have loved film making and art since I was a kid. My actual videography career started when I was a professional inline skater and I would make skate videos for my sponsors. Shortly after I started producing videos for other athletes and TV segments, then weddings. I further honed my craft living on the East Coast working with some of the world’s best wedding videographers in Philadelphia and New Jersey.

Now fifteen years later, I am experienced in everything from simple beach weddings to elegant multi-day weddings, same day edits, commercial projects, corporate events, action sports segments & music videos. I am also a licensed commercial drone pilot, my Drone Maui film was featured in the LA Film Festival. His accolades include: awarded Best Wedding Cinematographer in Hawaii by Borrowed and Blue, The Knot Best of Weddings award for the last four years, The Knot Hall of Fame Award and WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Award for the last eight years.

I chose the name HI FOCUSED not only how it refers to a camera lens and Hawaii, but in the mentality my team and I have towards the craft. We are highly focused on all the aspects of the production from getting to know each of you, to thorough pre-production, artistically filming your day, meticulous editing and finally, beautiful packaging and speedy delivery. Our conscientious process shows in our hundreds of rave all-five star reviews. In fact we have never received a review less than five stars!

It’s been an amazing journey that I’m truly thankful for.
Making wedding films isn’t just a job for me; it’s an art that I passionately care about.
I feel very blessed to be able to do what I love every day.

HI FOCUSED has a collection of wedding packages or we can tailor you a custom package to your vision.

• Full feature video
  • High-def video
  • Multiple cameras
  • Raw footage
  • Same Day Edit
  • 4K (four times the resolution of HD)
  • Slideshow/montage
  • One event/day
  • Final formats (Blu-Ray, DVD, digital download, USB flash drive and USB hard drive)
Follow HI FOCUSED cinematography on

Videos 5 vídeos

206 Reviews for HI FOCUSED cinematography

• Jen

Jen Jing · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Incredible videographer & team at HI FOCUSED!

My husband and I were on the fence about hiring a videographer for our wedding day due to our budget but we knew that if we were going to hire one we were going to hire the best and we're so incredibly glad we decided to go with Jordan and his team! The team at HI FOCUSED is very professional, fun, and extremely easy to work with. Just as another reviewer wrote, "although we had never personally met Jordan or the crew, they have an amazing way of capturing our thoughts and feelings in video that make it seem as if they had been along on our life's journey with us for years." They weren't afraid to give us direction when necessary but it never interrupted
    the flow of the wedding day, in fact, it made the day go by smoother and my husband and I barely noticed they were around most of the time since they were so slick like ninjas!
    To sum things up, we absolutely loved our wedding video and are so glad we decided to go with HI FOCUSED to capture our wedding day. It's so much fun watching the video because it allows me to re-live that magical day over and over again and see moments that I wouldn't have gotten to otherwise. My husband and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jordan and his team at HI FOCUSED! If you are looking into hiring a wedding videographer, stop looking and choose HI FOCUSED! You won't regret it!

Sent on 12/16/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

OMG! Thank you so so much for the touching and thorough review!!
    I’m thrilled with what you wrote! Especially that we helped the day go even smoother and were slick like ninjas! :) Your review made my day! Love the review. It’s really a pleasure to have clients as awesome as you two!
  • Ann

Ann Sciambi · Married on 04/08/2020

Stunning Video that Captures an Intimate, Personal Story

My girl was getting married in a tropical paradise called Maui. Capturing these memories was paramount to me so hiring the right videographer was a high priority. I watched every video of every videographer available on island. HIFOCUSED and Jordan Nagasako were the best combination of all that I was looking for: stunning professional quality films in terms of video, audio and editing, incredibly emotional storytelling, having a commercial drone pilot license for those gorgeous flyovers, and awesome reviews. Jordan had worked with the wedding planner and the photographer before, and was very familiar with the venue, which was such a seamless bonus. He was also a consummate professional with a very personal touch, answering all my questions by email or on the phone himself so that I felt very comfortable working with him. After all my due diligence, I knew he was the one.

Once he was chosen, Jordan sent a detailed questionnaire to make sure that he and his team were prepared and knew what shots my daughter wanted, and all the details of what was happening when. He came with 2 assistants and a ton of video and audio equipment so that he could get high quality video from different angles and sound for the ceremony and the toasts. Amazingly the whole team did their job so quietly and blended in so well you hardly knew they were there.

It was a magical, whirlwind wedding with fabulous photographs, so the bar was set high. Three weeks after the wedding, Jordan said that there was so much good material did I want to do an 8-minute video instead of the 4-minute video and did I have priorities of what to include? I took a leap of faith and went with the 8-minute video. Seven weeks after the wedding we got the finished product.

I was speechless at just how amazing the wedding video was, and he far exceeded all my expectations of what I might see! I couldn’t imagine what I would have cut out if it was half as long. What he produced was priceless and I will be forever grateful for his true gift to capture and combine such beautiful, joyful, and tender memories into such an intimate, unique story that included totally cool drone shots of the venue and a lovely soundtrack. I have watched it so many times already and I cry every time as I remember and then find new things to see and experience. I did find one small edit that I wanted, which Jordan fixed immediately and without charge.

After all the worry, anticipation, and waiting, it was comforting to have Jordan to handle something so important to me with class and professionalism. I would hire HIFOCUSED and Jordan in a microsecond without any reservations.

Sent on 10/07/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

WOW thank you so so much for the glowing review! That makes my day that your time working with us was such a great experience.I do my best to in being thorough through out the all process so I’m thankful it’s so appreciated! :) Thank you again so much for writing such an awesome review! You made my day! Mahalo!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

HI FOCUSED cinematography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Multi. Cameras
    Multi. Locations
    Raw Footage
  • What primary style do you identify with?
    Cinematic
    Documentary
    Short Form
    Storytelling
  • Which wedding events do you service?
    Ceremony
    Pre-Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What videography services do you offer?
    Add'l Hours
    One Event / Day
    Raw Footage
    Save The Date
    Slideshow / Montage
  • What final video formats do you offer?
    Blu-Ray

• HI FOCUSED cinematography 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• A White Orchid Wedding Wedding Planners

HI Focused does amazing work! The clients as well as WOW are always beyond happy with their product. They are easy to work with and are always professional!

• Distinctive Weddings Wedding Officiants

Jason's work is excellent. He captures in the film the nuances of the moment and allows the client to relive the moments of their wedding over and over again. A true keepsake done by a true professional.

• Caprice Nicole Photography Wedding Photographers

The team at Hi Focused Cinematography is stellar! I have worked with them on some rather large weddings. They are great communicators and I feel like we all work as a team. Supporting each other through the shoot and feeding off each others creative flow. They are meticulous and thoughtful with their angles. And I have seen the finished products of projects we have done together and they are gorgeous.

• 1360 Hiahia St. Wailuku, Hawaii, 96793 See on map
    Location of (HI FOCUSED cinematography)