1360 Hiahia St., Wailuku, HI 96793 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 24
  • Real Weddings 3

About HI FOCUSED cinematography

Awarded Hawaii's best Wedding Cinematographer. HI FOCUSED is dedicated to making exceptional wedding films that are both visually captivating and emotionally moving. We take pride in our unobtrusive filming, creative editing and attention to detail. This dedication to excellence is reflected in our highest awards and rave reviews.
Further, we get to know each of you, your story and vision for your day so we can craft you a personalized & beautiful wedding film.

I have loved film making and art since I was a kid. My actual videography career started when I was a professional inline skater and I would make skate videos for my sponsors. Shortly after I started producing videos for other athletes and TV segments, then weddings. I further honed my craft living on the East Coast working with some of the world’s best wedding videographers in Philadelphia and New Jersey.

Now fifteen years later, I am experienced in everything from simple beach weddings to elegant multi-day weddings, same day edits, commercial projects, corporate events, action sports segments & music videos. I am also a licensed commercial drone pilot, my Drone Maui film was featured in the LA Film Festival. His accolades include: awarded Best Wedding Cinematographer in Hawaii by Borrowed and Blue, The Knot Best of Weddings award for the last four years, The Knot Hall of Fame Award and WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Award for the last eight years.

I chose the name HI FOCUSED not only how it refers to a camera lens and Hawaii, but in the mentality my team and I have towards the craft. We are highly focused on all the aspects of the production from getting to know each of you, to thorough pre-production, artistically filming your day, meticulous editing and finally, beautiful packaging and speedy delivery. Our conscientious process shows in our hundreds of rave all-five star reviews. In fact we have never received a review less than five stars!

It’s been an amazing journey that I’m truly thankful for.
Making wedding films isn’t just a job for me; it’s an art that I passionately care about.
I feel very blessed to be able to do what I love every day.

HI FOCUSED has a collection of wedding packages or we can tailor you a custom package to your vision.

• Full feature video
  • High-def video
  • Multiple cameras
  • Raw footage
  • Same Day Edit
  • 4K (four times the resolution of HD)
  • Slideshow/montage
  • One event/day
  • Final formats (Blu-Ray, DVD, digital download, USB flash drive and USB hard drive)
Follow HI FOCUSED cinematography on

HI FOCUSED cinematography 3
HI FOCUSED cinematography 4
  • Emily

Emily Torrez · Getting married on 11/04/2019

Thank you HIFocused for capturing our wedding day!

After booking the Four Seasons Maui as our wedding venue, my husband and I knew we needed to get HiFocused to do our videos after Four Seasons sent us some example wedding videos produced by them. HiFocused is the best of the best and it's no contest between them and other videographers on the island.

We booked their "Short Film" packages, which included 5 hrs coverage, an 8-min video, all raw footage, and 2 shooters + assistant. We ended up booking an extra hour of time just to make sure we wouldn't be rushed the day of the wedding and so they had the chance to capture everything. Looking back, we are so happy we booked that extra hour! The wedding day was so relaxed and fun--glad we had the extra cushion in our timeline.

About a week before, Jordan and I touched base to go over everything and finalize some details. He asked detailed questions about things I wouldn't have considered, just to make sure they were ready and could capture all of the details. He is a total professional who knows his stuff.

On the wedding day, Amber arrived to do my filming; Jordan was with my husband. Omg. Amber was a riot. She was so much fun to work with and was hilarious--it seriously relaxed me so much and I was constantly laughing. She definitely made me feel more comfortable, and according to my husband Jordan was also great to work with.

The whole team blended in so well and had great suggestions above and beyond the "must capture" list to truly make our day/video unique. Anna Kim was our phenomenal photographer and she & HiFocused worked together so well. They've worked together a million times so they coordinated well. It's like the one-two punch of photo & video awesomeness.

I was also surprised at how small the cameras were. I think I was expecting more of like a movie camera and that everything we did would be staged.That really wasn't the case at all. They gave some instruction on what to do for the camera, which was very helpful (pro tip: walk slowly, haha), but they mostly just let us do our thing and be ourselves. All of their equipment seemed compact and hi-tech (they even had a drone to capture aerial footage on the beach!). We shot a few important moments more than once to get it just right, but it wasn't obtrusive. We appreciated they just wanted to get the shot done perfectly. Nothing was forced and everything felt pretty natural.

We cannot wait to see how the video turned out--we know it will be amazing! We are so glad we prioritized photography & videography in the budget, because you just end up missing so much on the wedding day. For me, I basically had tunnel vision and it felt like no one besides my husband and I existed. It was the most peaceful and relaxing day of my life, and we wanted to be able to relive it again and again through the photos and video, and see what we missed while we were busy kissing on the beach.

HIFocused is the epitome of professionalism and quality. Booking them was on the best decisions we made for our wedding. HiFocused is a dream vendor and we couldn't be more grateful to have them. THANK YOU JORDAN & HIFOCUSED!!!

Sent on 04/26/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the incredible review!
    This made my day! I enjoy what I do and it feels so good to be appreciated for our work and craft!
    You two were dream clients! Mellow, fun, natural, considerate by feeding us and the generous tip! The timeline was relaxed and everything went perfectly! Thank you again
    so much for taking the time and energy to thoroughly write such a heartfelt review of your experience with us!!!
    Congratulations again and all the best!!!

danny chen · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Videographer Ever!

I can’t say enough good things about Jordan and his team!

I first came across Hi Focused while wedding prepping on Instagram and YouTube. His YouTube videos and IG videos are beyond amazing and always made me teared up. I then contacted my wedding coordinator and was able to easily set up contact with Jordan. Booking was so easy, and I especially liked that he had a questionnaire to detail our likes & dislikes and specific requests. We had a couple of phone meetings prior to our wedding.

On the day of the wedding, Jordan and his team (Amber and Kean) were so friendly and welcoming. They made the filming so natural and fun! I specifically wanted drone shots of us as a couple and of the whole wedding party in attendance, and they made sure to incorporate it with the best lighting. As it usually goes with weddings, we ran behind schedule but Jordan and his team were able to accommodate and film longer than scheduled in order to capture all our special moments.

Turnaround period was super fast! It was 1 month for our 9 min YouTube video. The video was so overwhelmingly perfect, they truly know how to capture the best candid and raw moments of a wedding to compile into a heartfelt video. I am beyond happy with our wedding video! I had high expectations and they exceeded it all! I def recommend them!

Bonus: they also offer a IG clip! And they mail you all the raw footage!

Sent on 06/19/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you so much!!! That review made my day and is above and beyond!
    I’m so happy your experience with us was such a positive one.

HI FOCUSED cinematography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price? Client Revisions, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Client Revisions, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Locations, Raw Footage
  • What videography services do you offer? Add'l Hours, Client Revisions, Drone Footage, Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Raw Footage, Save The Date, Slideshow / Montage

Real Weddings

• A White Orchid Wedding
    A White Orchid Wedding Wedding Planners

HI Focused does amazing work! The clients as well as WOW are always beyond happy with their product. They are easy to work with and are always professional!

• Distinctive Weddings
    Distinctive Weddings Wedding Officiants

Jason's work is excellent. He captures in the film the nuances of the moment and allows the client to relive the moments of their wedding over and over again. A true keepsake done by a true professional.

• Caprice Nicole Photography
    Caprice Nicole Photography Wedding Photographers

The team at Hi Focused Cinematography is stellar! I have worked with them on some rather large weddings. They are great communicators and I feel like we all work as a team. Supporting each other through the shoot and feeding off each others creative flow. They are meticulous and thoughtful with their angles. And I have seen the finished products of projects we have done together and they are gorgeous.

• 1360 Hiahia St. Wailuku, Hawaii, 96793 See on map