HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

HI FOCUSED cinematography 1
HI FOCUSED cinematography 2
  • Thuy

Thuy Nguyen · Married on 01/19/2019

Best team to create an exceptional wedding film!

We booked HI Focused for our small wedding in Maui. From the initial consultation with Jordan, I knew we had picked the right team. Jordan was very prompt with his responses and diluted any doubts we had about hiring a cinematography team for our small wedding. The day of the wedding, Jordan and his team were friendly, professional, and attentive. The turn around time for our video was much faster than we thought -- a great surprise! The end result was amazing and something we will keep and watch over and over. Jordan and his team did a beautiful job capturing moments of our wedding day and those drone shots were spectacular. I would recommend HI Focused with confidence to anyone!

Sent on 02/15/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much for writing this!!! I'm thrilled your experience with us was such a positive one! It was our pleasure shooting your awesome day!! Congrats and all the best to you two!
  • Apple

Apple · Married on 12/05/2018

HI FOCUSED is the best!

We worked with Jordan and his Hi Focused team for our wedding and SOOO HAPPY with how our video turned out.

When we first came across his videos on youtube, we knew that we wanted Hi Focused to capture our special day. It was a bit scary at first since we were having a destination wedding, but after communicating with Jordan through e-mails and a phone call we were rest assured that we were in good hands. Amber, one of his team members, worked with me (bride) mainly and I have to give her special props. She really made everything lighthearted and fun. I can't thank her enough for taking most of the anxiety away from my big day! My groom had a great time with Jordan also. The day just went by so quick, but they captured the highlights of our day so vividly and for us to look back on forever.

We can't thank Hi Focused enough. Thank you Jordan and to your team for all your hard work!

Pam Stone · Married on 12/04/2018

Pam and Matt

Working with Jordan was a breeze. The communication we had with him was very prompt and thorough. Although we did not know Jordan or the crew, their ability to capture our thoughts and feelings in video and with the song choice made it seem as if they had been along on our lifes journey with us for years. Truly amazing.

Sent on 02/19/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for writing this and your appreciation of our work! Your elopement was a beautiful day, that was a pleasure to capture!! Take care you two!

Taralyn · Married on 11/18/2018

Working with the Best!!

When we were looking for a videographer, we didn’t want just any videographer, we wanted a videographer that we could trust, had best quality in video and could work with our budget.
    We looked at couple of their videos before moving forward. After talking with Jordan and getting to know his work, we knew they would be perfect!
    Day of the wedding, they were so easy to work with. They took control and just worked it! They were professional and right on time!!
    The quality and the moments they put into the video was just AMAZING!! We loved the video, my family loved the video too. They said after watching it, they said they were feeling emotions while watching the the video. They are really the best!!

Sent on 02/18/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you so much for the great review!!! I love what you wrote and how much you enjoyed working with us!! I'm so happy you think of us as "the best!" :)
    Really appreciate all you wrote!!! A big mahalo!!!
  • Angie

Angie · Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing Videographer

Jordan and his team at HI Focused Cinematography delivered such an amazingly beautiful film of our wedding day! I don’t think my husband and I could be more happier about it, we absolutely love it! They seamlessly tied in our hotel wedding with the surroundings of the beautiful Hawaiian landscape. The music worked so well with the video and the quality was cinematic. We also loved how all aspects of the wedding was added and it came out so touching and heart warming. Every time I watch the film, it was like reliving that magical day. We felt like the film did a good job summing up our wedding for our friends and family that could not make it.

One thing we loved about HI Focused was their staff. They are professional, very nice, friendly and accommodating. They didn’t make us feel uncomfortable in any way. We had our wedding in Oahu that day and the team flew from Maui to accommodate us. My husband and I are so glad and grateful we had them covering our wedding day. Thank you so much to Jordan and his team!

Sent on 12/24/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much for the very kind review!!! It was our pleasure shooting your amazing day on Oahu! It all really did come together for such a great film. Thank you so much again and Happy Holidays!!!

Erika · Married on 11/09/2018

Amazing Videographer with true talent!

Being from California and getting married in Maui already made us a little nervous. With a destination wedding, you really don't know what you'll get until you arrive. However, our wedding planner recommended Jordan and after speaking with him & watching his sample videos on his website, we knew he had to be our videographer. All of his videos were amazing. Jordan called us a few weeks before & ran through all the details of how everything would run. It felt so nice to be able to show up on our wedding day and everything was taken care of. Jordan & his team were very professional, made us feel at ease, and I liked that he had everything planned out. We received our video so fast after our special day, and WOW. All I can say is...WOW. We couldn't even have imagined the video to be that great. All of our friends & family have also been blown away by the quality. If you're thinking of booking with Jordan, just do it. You won't regret it! I would highly recommend him & his team to anyone needing a videographer!

Sent on 12/19/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words!!! It was so great working with you too! And your day came together in such an AMAZING way!!! It was our pleasure shooting your epic day!

Alice Kim · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding decision!!

I can't say enough great things about Jordan and his team!! I wish I could give them 10+ stars for this review! From beginning to end, Jordan & team were absolutely wonderful to work with and completely exceeded our expectations.

We got married at the Olowalu Plantation House in Maui, a destination wedding for us, as we live in California. Jordan took the best care of us from the very beginning, he was always available by email/phone and very communicative. Right before our wedding, he also set up a phone call, so that we could talk through all of the details - he did such a good job of walking us through how the day would go and also thought ahead for us. We felt completely at ease and comfortable after our phone call.

On our wedding day, Jordan and his team kept us relaxed the whole time! They were so friendly and gave us direction that was very easy to follow, never once felt uncomfortable!

Once we got our video, we were completely blown away and realized how truly amazing they were. When and how did they capture all of those beautiful shots and moments?! Most of all, we are so impressed with how Jordan and his team were able to knit together our day into a video that told "our" story (along with the perfect music!).

Deciding to work with HI Focused was one of the best wedding decisions we made, we couldn't be more pleased with the finished product! We are so excited to cherish the video and relive our special day for all of the years to come! Can't THANK YOU enough Jordan & HI Focused!

Sent on 12/18/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so so much for the heartfelt and touching review!!! You made my day!!! It was our pleasure! Thank you so much again! You two were really great to work with as well!!! Congratulations! :)

Vanessa B. · Married on 09/20/2018

Four Seasons Wailea September 20, 2018

Jordan and his team were a pleasure to work with, they made the whole process flawless for us! We touched base with him the day prior to our wedding, and outlined things we wanted portrayed in the video. This really showed us that he truly cared about his clients, and so he could also get a feel for who we are as a couple :)

We knew we wanted to work with him from the start because of his amazing drone shots and "cinema" style footage. His videos really tell a story, and our video definitely brings us back to that special day.

We can't thank you enough for making our day so special, and leaving us with countless memories to look back on.

Sent on 10/30/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a heartfelt and appreciative review!!! You guys were great as well!! Mahalo again!

jenny · Married on 08/26/2018

Highly recommended

Loved working with Jordan and we loved the video. We are very satisfied with how everything came out and the turnaround time was super fast. Jordan and his team were friendly, professional, and attentive. All of our friends and family were blown away by the quality. Tears were shed once again.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Best videographers ever! Best choice we made!

First off, they're kind, professional, awesome to have around for your special day (they get all their shots, but you almost don't know they're there), they go above and beyond in every way from getting your notes before the wedding, to the day of, to editing your film, and if something unexpected comes up (like a hurricane did for our wedding!) they do whatever they can to still make everything perfect (like flying out days early for a wedding that was rescheduled for 2 days sooner, and succeed!). They know what they're doing, you can trust 100% that your video will be amazing and better than you could've ever imagined. When I first started planning, I wasn't even sure if I wanted a videographer, I thought a photographer would be enough, and that if we got a videographer we would go with the least expensive option. As planning continued, and I kept watching reels for other videographers, my opinion started to changed, and I realized that I would probably regret not spending more money for quality. In hindsight, after having chosen Hi Focused, who are the best videographers in Hawaii, I 100% agree not to skimp when choosing a videographer, and would hire Hi Focused again in a heartbeat. Your wedding day goes by fast, hiring a great photographer is also very important, but they don't capture the moments the same way a video can, especially with the speeches, the sounds of your friends and family cheering and clapping after your first dance. I watch my video every week and never get tired of it. I work for an A-list director in Hollywood, and it looks like an A-list director made this film, the quality of their shots and their cameras are that good. Also, this didn't happen to me, but I had a best friend who didn't hire a videographer, and her photographer accidentally deleted all her photos =( Needless to say, that was devastating for her and her husband. If only she had hired a videographer, she could still have had her day captured on film to look back at and remember (and she's not the only friend I've had that wishes they hired a videographer!). If you're on a budget, I'd spend less money on flowers or decor, and spend more money on your videographer, it's worth it (because our wedding was moved up 2 days we had to totally redo our decor, we had less flowers, no tent, less lighting, and basically a totally simplified wedding, but the food and band and DJ were still excellent, and the wedding was perfect, and when I watch our video, I completely forget the stresses of moving the wedding, and just remember the pure joy of the day, and that's due mostly to the fact of our perfect video). Also, when I watched other people's wedding videos, I thought I liked shorter ones better, like the 4 minute ones, and if that's all you can afford, then those are still great (my sister got married in Malibu and hers is 4 minutes and she loves it!), but we opted to get a longer video, and I really enjoy having the extra shots. I'd recommend 7 minutes or more if you can afford it. When it's you on screen, you'll never feel like it's too long ha! In summary, if you're getting married on any of the Hawaiian islands, I wouldn't look anywhere else for a videographer, hire Hi Focused! And do it soon, they're very busy and book up far in advance!

Sent on 01/15/2019

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you thank you thank you for the great review!!! It's a pleasure to be so appreciated for what we do!
    Your wedding was a unique one with the hurricane and things being pushed to earlier in the week but it all worked out and we had a great weather and a beautiful sunset!!! Glad it all came together for you and you love your film so much!!! A big mahalo to you two for everything!

Angela · Married on 08/10/2018

Miracle workers driven by passion and talent!

Jordan and team have been marvelous in capturing our wedding in an authentic yet captivating way. They were able to ensure us with a peace of mind knowing that the hard work put into planning and creating our wedding are well recorded and kept safe. Their style of art is classic in a way that would endure the test of time and remain sophisticated yet moving when revisited with our kids and grandchildren for years to come. They have been a joy to work with as their clam and genuine demeanor is refreshing during the inevitable hectic wedding day. We especially appreciated their professionalism and work ethic before, during and after our wedding that continuously exceeded our expectations. Overall, we are extremely impressed and couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with to safeguard our wedding day!

Mahalo Jordan, Amber, Michael and Willard- thank you for being our miracle makers!!

Angela & Chao

Sent on 12/23/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

WOW!!! What a touching heartfelt review! I love it! "miracle workers'! That's so awesome!!! It was our pleasure capturing your day!
    Thank you again for writing such nice things!!!

Shane-Ann · Married on 08/04/2018

Jordan and his team from HI Focused Cinematography did an AWESOME job with capturing video footage of our wedding day! Jordan, Amber, and Matt were all so great to work with. They helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera and were friendly, fun, and easy-going; it was such a pleasure working with them! Our wedding film was beautiful and absolutely amazing; very professional and flawless from the editing and music to the inclusion of special moments from throughout the day that will help us remember our wedding day forever. Our family and friends loved our wedding film and were so impressed by it. Jordan was on top of everything from coordinating our wedding day timeline, replying quickly to all our emails, and getting us our wedding film and raw footage in such a timely manner. We are so happy we chose to go with Hi Focused Cinematography for our wedding and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for high quality cinematography from such a talented and great group of people. Thank you so much, Jordan and the HI Focused team, for capturing the memories of our wedding day that we will be able to watch over and over again and remember for a lifetime!!

Sent on 08/28/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much!!! We were thrilled to film your incredible day!
    You two were great to work with as well! Mahalo again and all the best
    to you both!!!

Aurelia · Married on 07/21/2018

I did not have a slightest doubt to chose Hi-Focused to captured the best day of our lives. Jordan, Amber and Matt from HI Focused Cinematography did an amazing job with capturing video footage of our wedding day! They were all so great to work with. They helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera and were friendly, fun, and easy-going; it was So great working with them! Our wedding film was beautiful and absolutely amazing, when me and my husband and our family saw the video, they were not a dry eyes across the room! Thank you very much for capturing such a beautiful moments of our wedding day! We are very happy and touched! So emotional! Throughout the entire wedding day, they are all very professional from the editing and music to the inclusion of special moments from throughout the day that will help us remember our wedding day forever. Jordan and his team were always on top of everything from coordinating our wedding day timeline, replying quickly to all our emails, and getting us our wedding film and raw footage in such a timely manner. We are so happy and highly recommend them to anyone looking for high quality cinematography from such a talented and great group of people. Thank you so much, Jordan and the HI Focused team, for capturing the the best day of our lives and turned all the beautiful memories of our wedding day to a work of art! Thank you for filming our wedding day a remember for a lifetime!!!

Sent on 08/29/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review!!! I totally love what you wrote and that our work meant so much to you! I’m thrilled with how amazing your film came out too! You guys were super great to work with!
    Mahalo!!!

Cristy · Married on 05/25/2018

Hi-Focused Team ROCKS!!

OUR DESTINATION WEDDING VIDEO WAS AMAZING!!

I am not sure how Jordan and his team were able to move throughout our wedding so swiftly without me noticing! I remember thinking that they were professional, punctual and a well organized team. I believe they really care to be a self managed and very much intuitive group as they multi task with the chaos of the wedding shenanigans but still capture everyone and all those special moments!

It was so nice to see our wedding from a guest point of view, to be able to share this video with friends a n family who were unable to attend our destination wedding. They allowed us to pick our own music for the wedding video which made it more personal too! They made sure to make me feel comfortable when video taping some special shots because they all were so personable.

I HIGHLY recommend them!! All our family and friends were BLOWN away by their work and I am SURE future generations to come will enjoy feeling like they were there too!!

Thank you HI-FOCUSED TEAM!!

#Teambncm

Sent on 07/20/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It was our pleasure!!! Glad you felt so much at ease working with us and are so happy with your film! Congratulations it was awesome shooting your day!!

Ryan · Married on 04/05/2018

We worked with Jordan and Hi Focused for our Maui wedding at Olowalu Plantation House. We reviewed a lot of island and non-island based videographers/cinematographers and decided early on to go with Hi Focused. The quality and feel of their visual creations were simply multiple tiers above the rest. No cheesiness, pure class.

Although our expectations were very high, Jordan and his team blew it out of the water. They were consummate professionals on the day of the wedding and instructed us exactly what to do to get the perfect shot. We just received our wedding video and there is not a thing we would change -- it is absolutely amazing. We have watched the video multiple times already and can still barely process the perfection. The editing and juxtaposition of music, wedding scenes, and spoken overtones is of the highest quality. Hi Focused completely captured the look, feel, and purpose behind our special day, and we could not be happier or more impressed.

Choosing to work with Hi Focused was one of the best choices we made on this journey. We want to thank them from the bottom of our hearts, and will be recommending them to any and every person we know.

Sent on 05/16/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow! That’s an AMAZING review thank you again for taking the time to go above and beyond and write such
    touching words about your experience with us and appreciation of our work!!!
    Thanks again for having us! I knew you two would be a rock star couple and had high expectations, and video was super important so how you feel about your film means that much more coming from you two! :)
    Thanks again! Congratulations! I wish you two the best!!!

Kaylee · Married on 03/22/2018

Jordan and his crew from Hi Focus did an amazing job with our wedding video. We have been inundated with positive comments from friends and acquaintances . How Hi Focus can take hours of raw footage and condense it to an under 10 minute master piece, takes amazing talent. We debated about spending the money on this but couldn't be happier that we did. We will make more money, but the moments caught are priceless. Jordan is a perfectionist which is exactly what you want on your bid day. Couldn't recommend him more.

HI FOCUSED cinematography 3

Nicole · Married on 02/08/2018

Jordan and his team did a wonderful job at our wedding. His team made us and our wedding party feel very comfortable. They captured all the important things we wanted in our wedding. Also, they were very quick in giving us our wedding video. The background music, scenes and video quality was amazing! We couldn’t be happier! We showed it to our friends and family and they loved it! We are thankful for Hifocused films for making our wedding a memorable day and we would highly recommend them for your special day!

Andrea · Married on 01/09/2018

I was married in Maui in January and so happy I went with Hi Focused Cinematography to capture our big day. Jordan and his team were amazing and the wedding video is beyond perfect, it was more than we ever could have hoped for. I would HIGHLY recommend HI Focused!!

Sent on 03/14/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thanks for the great review!!! It was our pleasure! And an amazing experience to ride with you in the helicopter on the way to your grand wedding entrance!!! Take care and all the best!

Tasha · Married on 12/05/2017

We definitely made the right choice when choosing Jordan and his team to capture our wedding day. We initially saw their beautiful films online and knew immediately that we wanted HI Focused to capture and create the film for such a special day.
    We were very happy that Jordan spoke on the phone with us prior to our wedding day to make us feel more comfortable and to make sure everyone was on the same page. Also, he was always quick to respond to any questions that we might've had.
    On the day of, Jordan, Amber, and Michael were extremely friendly, professional, and detail-oriented. We didn’t even notice them filming during the ceremony and reception and even in such windy conditions, Jordan was able to get beautiful drone shots.
    When we got back home and received our wedding film in the mail, we were beyond pleased with how it was beautifully presented in a wooden case. We have watched our film numerous times and re-fall in love with it every time! Our family and friends were also impressed by how well the film was put together and since we had a smaller and more intimate wedding, it was a great way to share the memories with everyone back home.
    A big thank you again to Jordan and his team at HI Focused Cinematography for putting together a beautiful film that allows us to relive such a special day!

Sent on 09/23/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so so much for the kind and thoughtful review!!! Glad you love your film so much! It was our pleasure filming your epic day!!! Congratulations!!!

Stacy · Married on 11/25/2017

From the beginning I knew videography was THE MOST important thing to us. So glad we booked HiFocused. You can tell they truly love what they do because they are so amazing at it and it shows in their work. I became obsessed with their videos after watching one of them and have literally watched EVERY SINGLE video they have posted on Vimeo/YouTube :) leading up to my own wedding and even cried watching some of them. They just know how to capture those candid moments very well. I loved how they were able to capture every guest that attended the wedding. And then there’s Jordan and his Drone skills, I mean .... that dude got skills!! If your going to have a wedding in Maui, you have to have a videographer that owns a drone :) there’s no other way. He captured the venue, the sunset, the RAINBOW!!! That definitely took the video to a different level. Was able to get my video 3 weeks after my wedding and a hard drive was sent to me a week later. The best part, how comfortable they made all of us felt being in front of a camera. So thankful to have met such an amazing group of people and grateful to have met them :)

Sent on 12/26/2017
    HI FOCUSED cinematography 4

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for all the kind words!!! I'm so glad that your experience with us on your wedding was such a great one! And the drone skills comment :D! I love that shot too with the rainbow! It was so great meeting you two as well!!!
  • Neleah

Neleah · Married on 10/21/2017

Jordan and his team were amazing!!! Very professional, easy to work with and made us feel comfortable throughout our special day. They captured every detail that made our day so perfect! Our film was perfect and was glad that we have the videos to look back at our perfect wedding day! For any special occasion, I highly recommend Hi Focused as your cinematographer!

Sent on 03/23/2018

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much for having us it was truly our pleasure to shoot your amazing day at Hotel Wailea, Maui!

Kimberlyn · Married on 09/21/2017

I seriously cannot say enough great things about Jordan, Amber, and the rest of his crew. From start to finish, he has produced nothing but perfection surrounding our wedding day. Extremely professional and so precise when it comes to his work, all qualities you look for when choosing someone to help you remember the best day of your life. They have this perfect way of capturing everything but never being invasive so that you still are enjoying the day. And so incredibly polite and accommodating.
    And his work, just simply stated, STUNNING. I've watched my video at least 30 times since receiving it and I still get emotional watching. I feel like I'm there living it again, everything that I wanted since the day has passed. He perfectly combined all the highlights of our day into one emotional and beautiful video with just the right cuts and sound to give you goosebumps. I wanted to remember all the little details, from the grounds, to where we wed, to speeches, to everything, and he did just that.
    Honestly, there is absolutely no question when it comes to choosing your cinematographer, he is it as well as his crew. What a great team and I thank them again for helping capture the happiest day of my life. 10 stars if I could give it!

Sent on 10/20/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

It really means a lot that you set a side the time to write such great things about your experience! Mahalo and congratulations!! It's truly been our pleasure!!!

Kimberly · Married on 09/09/2017

If I could give HiFocused 10 stars... I would give them 11! That’s how happy and pleased we were with them. My husband and I actually hired a completely different videographer months before and once I saw Jordan’s Work, I knew right away we needed to make a switch. Do yourself a favor and trust me. HIRE THEM! They are the best and most professional team I’ve worked with during the wedding planning process. Jordan was very responsive before the wedding, even making it a point to get to know us as a couple before the big day. The day of, they worked with my other vendors perfectly. The thing is, they are highly experienced and have been around for a long time, so they know how to work well with everyone else in the business. I even forgot they were there on the big day! We were able to completely enjoy ourselves. Our video was the best. HiFocused captured every single moment so perfectly. If you are looking for the best videographers in Hawaii... look no further! Hire HiFocusd!

Sent on 12/12/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow!!! Thank you so much I really really appreciate the kind words!!!
    That means so much! You made my day by writing such kind words about your experience with us!!! Thank you so much for having us!! Your wedding day was awesome and working you two was a pleasure!

Tinlee · Married on 09/03/2017

Jordan and his team are the most professional vendors we worked with in the wedding industry . It starts upfront before you even decide to book them, they will answer any questions you have and we loved that they had so many examples of their work available online. Once you decide to book them, they are extremely detail oriented. Making sure they know all the details of your wedding, what's important to you, what details you'd like captured and even your music preferences etc. they're great at capturing all the details of your day with you barely noticing that they're present. He met with us several times beforehand to make sure he knew what we wanted. Finally, we got our videos fast and Jordan made sure we were happy with his work before sending us the final videos and raw footage - all on a hard drive. He's so flexible with all your needs - even sending us raw footage of our dance to show some folks before the editing process was completed. Our friends and family loved the video and it really captured the spirit of the day. He was one of the best decisions we made!

Sent on 12/23/2017

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Awesome I love them so much thank you thank you thank you!!! I really appreciate that I lot!
    It was so good working with you two as well!
    Take care and all the best!