HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

• Jason
    Jason Y. Getting married on 03/20/2023

Phenomenal Proposal Cinematography

Hello Jordan,

We wanted to take this time to truly thank you for being a part of making our proposal so memorable and epic! Even if we had imagined the perfect proposal it would not have come close. Thank you so much for all of your hard work that you put into the planning, the cinematography, and photography . We have now watched it more than 100 times, each time with tears of joy in our eyes. Our family and close friends were mesmerized by all of your hard work — “this is amazing”; “this video is like Kobe level greatness “; “I feel like I’m watching an episode of the OC”— that’s just a few of the MANY compliments we have been receiving from loved ones. Some folks were even brought to tears! It meant so much to us that you finished it so quickly. Your patience, communication, coordination, level of craftsmanship, and grace was invaluable. Nothing short of remarkable. Thank you again for being a part of the beginning of our life together. You will always be in our hearts and our story.

Kind regards,

Jason and Rediat

Jason and Rediat,
    Thank you for the incredible review. I'm so flattered and appreciative of all you wrote. That really made my day. It's couples like you that make this job, passion, business and craft so rewarding. Thank you again! I especially like the "Kobe level greatness" WOW! Thank you again! :D
  • Margaret-Ann
    Margaret-Ann S. Getting married on 09/05/2022

Oscar-worthy Engagement Film!!!!!!

Jordan’s professionalism, enthusiasm, and keen eye for absolute perfection made working with him the most memorable experience ever! Our Engagement film is Oscar-worthy and we couldn’t be happier. My background lies in television news reporting in New York, and because of that, I KNOW what quality film looks like... and that's exactly what Jordan will offer you; only the best! Not only did we receive the most gorgeous video possible, but we also gained a new friend. Next film: OUR WEDDING! Mahalo and Aloha, Hi Focused!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Dee P. Married on 08/05/2022

Mother of the Bride

I’m so happy I found Jordan and his team for my daughter’s wedding in beautiful Maui! The videography is outstanding! I would definitely give more than five stars if I could! They are absolutely fabulous! You will not be disappointed!
  • Viennelyn
    Viennelyn M. Married on 06/15/2022

Our dream wedding, beautifully captured by Jordan Nagasako of Hi Focused

My husband and I have wanted to work with Jordan Nagasako of Hi Focused since we started planning our dream Maui wedding last year. Jordan is an incredibly talented cinematographer and storyteller. He captured every perfect moment of our dream wedding, exceeding our expectations for our wedding video. Jordan was easy to communicate and work with, and he delivered our full wedding video, raw video footage, and previews in less than two weeks. Jordan also provided short video snippets for me to use across my personal branded social media channels. As a content creator, I appreciated his thoughtfulness in providing me with different types of content for my personal branded social media channels.

We hope to work with Jordan again for our 5th or 10th year wedding anniversary celebration. We highly recommend working with Jordan Nagasako of Hi Focused if you're looking for a cinematographer to capture your special day.

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you thank you thank you for writing this glowing review of us! It was my pleasure to capture your day! You two were so awesome to work with and yes I'd love to capture your anniversary! Thank you again!
    Chris S. Married on 05/05/2022

Amazing & Professional

If I can give Jordan 10 stars I would! His talent is off the charts. Jordan guided my wife and I throughout the entire process. We both felt comfortable with him and his team. The end result was amazing, our wedding footage looked like a high end movie production. Well worth the spend, he captured a moment of a lifetime. Cheers, thanks for everything Jordan!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow I love that "If I could give him 10 stars I would!" A big mahalo for writing this review thank you again!!!
    Kathrina V. Married on 04/18/2022

Wedding of K and C

We planned our dream wedding in Maui.  After enduring two and a half years of COVID, we wanted our families and friends to experience something that allowed them to feel normal again.  It was so important to capture this experience, so we asked our wedding coordinator to recommend a list of videographers.  We had several choices, but there was really only one  that stood out, Jordan and his team at High Focused.
     Jordan has a vision.  He has a great team and years of experience.  There were no surprises and the entire process was seamless.  He is an excellent communicator, and has an artistic style and personality that make you feel that his job is one less thing that you need to be concerned about.  He worked very well with our wedding coordinator and our photographer.  He also has great skills in drone videographer and captured some wonderful sweeping shots of the beautiful venues in Maui.  He is not cheap, but the cost was more than worth it.  There is nothing more important than having a movie-quality recording of the most important day in your lives.  His turn-around-time for production of the final cut was very good.  Everyone that saw our wedding video loved it and we were showered with compliments.  We will never stop watching it and we are so thankful that we chose High-Focus.  You can not go wrong with Jordan.  We HIGHLY recommend him and his team.. Thank you Jordan for capturing the most important event of our lives.

Mahalo:)

Kathrina and Carleton

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the AMAZING review! So many nice things you wrote! This made my day! You two were great to work with too and it was such a stunning day from the Church in Lahaina to the cliffs in Kapalua! You both had an incredible event! Congratulations!
    Klarisa R. Married on 04/13/2022

HI FOCUSED at Olowalu Plantation House

We selected HI FOCUSED for our destination wedding on Maui and we are so pleased with the work Jordan and his team provided throughout the process, from planning, the wedding, and afterwards! We received a questionnaire to provide an overview of our day and a follow up call to review and provide additional specific details we wanted to make sure were filmed. HI FOCUSED captured everything and more! It was a pleasure to work with them, their attention to detail and various shots and techniques, and editing made our video so so special! We will be showing this at our local reception back home and look forward to sharing it with our family and friends. Thank you HI FOCUSED!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for having us film your incredible day at Olowalu! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such great things about your entire experience with us! It was our pleasure!
    Anthony C. Married on 03/19/2022

Hi Focused is incredible

We hired Jordan and his team for our wedding in Maui 3/19/22. He exceeded every expectation we would ever have in a videographer and the final video was something out of a hollywood film, his attention to detail is exceptional and his eye for amazing shots is why we chose him. Thank you Jordan and team!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you for the kind words! It's very appreciated!
    It was amazing capture your two wedding day celebration! Congratulations and all the best!
  • Nicole
    Nicole F. Married on 02/02/2022

South Maui Gardens Wedding

It's been 4 months since our wedding (2-2-22) on Maui at South Maui Gardens. The magical experience at the venue combined with the skills and professionalism of Jordan & Amber - made everything a dream come true! Not only is Jordan responsive in any questions or concerns that you have (at any time of the day) - he is fun, loving and will treat you as a friend. I grew to have such a genuine relationship with him before even meeting him in person (which from my experience with planning my own wedding, is truly hard to find these days! Honest & helpful) As for his talents - My husband and I can't stop watching our video. If you want the chance to relive your wedding day - over & over again - and feel as though your fairytale is forever on film - you will not be disappointed. this company - these people : They deliver 1000%. Thank you Jordan & Amber - the laughs and the love you guys gave us will always be remembered! We appreciate all your hard work and wish you all the best with your future endeavors. A hui hou my beautiful friends!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow this is such a touching review! It was so great to get to know you both and capture your perfect day! I really appreciate what you wrote about friends and everything! The feeling is mutual :) Thank you again for taking the time and care to write such a touching review! Mahalo and all the best to you and your family!
  • Keith
    Keith K. Married on 01/05/2022

Best Engagement Film Ever

Working with Jordan was a blast, and I can't thank him more for making my surprise proposal video the best film ever. My fiancé is over the moon with how perfect our proposal video came out... she can't stop showing everyone! Hi Focused and Jordan are simply the best team you could hire, and we're thankful for his craft. Next film: our wedding! Mahalo, Jordan.

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow a big mahalo for the appreciation! It was my pleasure! It all worked out perfectly! I'm looking forward to your wedding too! Thank you again!
    Jordan
    Lubina Married on 11/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our wedding was captured perfectly

Jordan & Team were great to work with. Jordan captured ALL the details that were important to me and my husband and we absolutely loved the final video. We couldn't stop watching it after. He has an eye for what matters and was so professional during the day of. We loved every part of it. Thank you Jordan for capturing our special day!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for writing this heartfelt review!! We really do our best to capture EVERYTHING that is important to you. I appreciate you taking the time to write that! Thanks again for having us! Mahalo!
  • Shawna
    Shawna Married on 11/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beyond amazing service and wedding video

Jordan and Amber were such an awesome team to work with. They were fun and friendly and made us feel comfortable and at ease. They had us laughing throughout the entire time we were with them.

Jordan was very communicative and got us on a call before our big day to go over all of the details to make sure that he understood exactly what was important to us to be included in our video. We received our wedding video within weeks of our wedding and we are beyond AMAZED with it! Everyone we have shared it with has said it looks like a movie! I’ve watched it about 1,000 times already and I’m still astonished every time.

Hi Focused is super professional and we would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for top notch cinematography. Thank you Jordan and Amber for an incredible video and experience that we will cherish for a lifetime!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you for the glowing review!!! I love that you wrote not only was the final film great but also that the experience of working with us was so fun! Thank you again and all the best!
    Paige G. Married on 11/14/2021

Hire this man!

Jordan at HI Focused was nothing short of amazing. He showed up with a great attitude and paid attention to detail. He had all the necessary equipment to get the best shots and angels. He captured every moment we wanted to have filmed. He exceeded my expectations with the final video. What was most impressive was how quick he edited and produced the film. He had it sent to me before I had even left the island to return home (within a week) He also allowed me to request changes to the video and was very quick and prompt in responding to me. Jordan thank you for going above and beyond for me and my husband. I have watched the video 3 thousand times and I love it very much!!! If we ever have anything we need to be filmed in the future, he would be worth the money to fly out to California. best on the island, we love him!!!!!!!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the rave review wow! Especially what you wrote about flying me out to California and the best on the island! You are too kind! Thank you for being such an awesome couple to work with! Wow!
  • Gynae
    Gynae B. Married on 11/01/2021

A true professional!

We had an amazing experience with HiFocused Cinematography. Jordan was fantastic to work with. Good guy. Total pro. Insanely talented videographer. I let him know my vision & it came out even way better than I could even imagine. The quality of our video is incredible! We’ve watched it over & over & will never regret spending money on this. You can tell he loves what he does because it shows in his work. I absolutely recommend HiFocused & would hire them again. Thank you Jordan!!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the amazing review and all the kind words!!! I really do love what I do and I especially appreciate you acknowledging that!
    Christie C. Married on 10/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The professionalism and artistic abilities of Jordan, Amber, and Charles cannot be overstated! :)

In the weeks leading up to our wedding, my husband and I really started considering getting a videographer. We had a tough time justifying it since the wedding was going very small and we weren't sure if it was going to be worth having a really short video. We cannot emphasize how happy we are that we went through with having Hi-Light Films be a part of our special day to produce a wonderful video that was beyond our expectations.

From the very beginning, Jordan was very helpful by having an initial call to walk us through the process for what we should expect and to help him get a sense of the special moments we wanted to be captured throughout the day. On the day of the wedding our videographers, Amber and Charles, were there before the wedding coordinator and helped set everything up. While it wasn't there responsibility, it showed how above and beyond their team really went.

Within a week after the wedding, we received the wedding video and we were blown away. It was our own fairy tale movie that captured all the intimate moments we didn't expect to be caught on film. The video brought family, friends, and strangers to tears. The professionalism and artistic abilities of Jordan, Amber, and Charles cannot be overstated. We are grateful that we went with Hi-Light Films and would recommend them to anyone who is looking to memorialize their big day.

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this touching review! That made my day!!! :)
    Dl Married on 09/07/2021

Outstanding

Jordan and his team far exceed our expectations. Our drone footage is amazing. They were fun and professional to work with. We have a beautiful wedding video to treasure forever!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you! It was our pleasure! Your wedding day at the Montage Kapalua was so awesome! Thank you for writing this great review :)
  • Gary
    Gary D. Married on 07/29/2021

Best Cinematography

HI Focused Cinematography captured our moments perfectly and created a finished product that is better than we could ever have imagined. The professionalism of Jordan and his team are outstanding. We felt comfortable working with HI Focused Cinematography throughout the entire process and appreciate all they did to capture some of our most cherished moments in life. I recommend Hi Focus Cinematography to everyone.

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you thank you for the stellar review! It was an honor to be a part of your proposal! Thanks again for having me and the kind words! :)
    Katie S. Married on 07/27/2021

Most Amazing Videographer

A videographer is an investment in reliving your wedding day and enjoying the details that are so easily missed. I would 100% make the same decision to pick Jordan and his team at Hi Focused if I had to do it all over again.
    I found Hi Focused when I was watching YouTube videos for my destination wedding at Merriman’s. I went from watching for Merriman’s, to only watching Hi Focused videos and I knew I wanted this company to film my wedding. Meeting Jordan (virtually) was fantastic. He asked a lot of questions to understand my wants and vision. The planning call before the wedding was thorough and well detailed. Meeting Jordan and his assistant Amber on the wedding day was fantastic. They were both detail oriented, easy going, and worked wonderfully with our photographer. I have watched and rewatched my video over and over. Unlike the beautiful flowers at our wedding, this video is something I will use and cherish for the rest of our lifetime.
    Thank you, Jordan and Amber, for capturing our day and delivering the most incredible video.

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you for the awesome review! That really means a lot! What you wrote made my day! All the best and congratulations!
  • April
    April Married on 07/22/2021

Maui wedding

Jordan and Amber were so great! We loved our 5 min video, and the raw footage that we purchased as well! It’s incredible to me that someone can take an entire wedding day and put it in a video! They captured so many moments I had not even thought about or noticed as the day was so busy and hectic as it was! The detail for everything they captured and did was so amazing! It was so easy to work with both of them also!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you so so much for the glowing review! Filming your day at the Sheraton was awesome! All the best!
    Alyssa B. Married on 07/11/2021

Amazing company!

Jordan and his team were amazing! The wedding video came out so beautiful! Rewatching it makes me tear up every time. He captured the most beautiful moments of our special day. 10/10 recommend!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow thank you so so much for the glowing review! This really means a lot that you took the time to write this about your positive experience working with me and my team! All the best to you both!
  • Kate
    Kate Z. Married on 06/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding film ever!!!!

We knew Hi Focused Cinematography because the team is one of the approved cinematographies for Haiku Mill. After reviewing all the cinematographies, we decided to go with Hi Focus. It proved that our choice is absolutely right. Jordan is very experienced and knows his stuff. He provided us a lot of useful suggestions so that we can act really well for our wedding film. He also performed excellent job on editing our film. We love our film so much as it is so beautiful. It keeps our past so vivid forever. Thank you very much Jordan

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a joy filming your amazing wedding at the stunning Haiku Mill! Congratulations!
  • Lauren
    Lauren L. Married on 06/14/2021

The perfect day

We had the most perfect day on our wedding day thanks to Jordan and the team at HI FOCUSED Cinematography! I felt truly listened to through out all of our communication with Jordan before, during and after the wedding. On the day of our wedding I was able to enjoy every moment and I never felt rushed or uncomfortable. Jordan and his team were able to capture so many amazing moments and the result is a true masterpiece! We love to rewatch our wedding video and share it with friends and family who could not be there with us. So happy and thankful for Jordan and the team and could not have had a more perfect wedding day!

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your 5-star experience working with us! I especially liked the part about how my energy put you at ease :) Thanks again and congratulations!
  • David
    David G. Married on 06/14/2021

Best wedding videographer

Thanks Jordan the video was amazing, we love watching it. Can't thank you enough

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Thank you the review! It was my pleasure congratulations and all the best! Your wedding day was AMAZING!
  • David
    David G. Married on 06/14/2021

Exceptional Video and Customer Service

Jordan was a pleasure to work with, and the final product is amazing. The attention to detail, and customer service were exceptional. It's been over a year and we still watch the video all the time. All our family remarked on how high quality the video was. My cousin showed it to a group of friends, and they thought it was a reality TV show about weddings in Hawaii. Jordan and his crew went above and beyond to capture our special moment. Highly recommend !

HI FOCUSED cinematography's reply:

Wow a TV show that's awesome! You both were rockstars and it was my pleasure capturing your EPIC and perfect day! Thank you for the glowing review! Congratulations my friends!
illustration stars