Ohana Films Reviews

17 | Kula, HI

17 Reviews for Ohana Films

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2018

Your search for a wedding videographer stops here

I booked Darlene and Kent of Ohana Films for our June 30, 2018 wedding because they are the absolute best in the industry. In the Hawaiian Islands, their reputation precedes them as a sweet husband and wife team who have an artistic eye and incredible talent for videography and cinematography. Their website reads, “We approach every wedding video with a filmmaker's sensibility and treat each film as a work of art. Capturing genuine moments, both big and small, is very important to us. We are not going to ask you to fake any moments or perform in any way.” This comes across in their authentic documentary-style films, which are each unique, creative, and magical. After perusing their website it is easy to see why Ohana’s booking calendar often fills up a year in advance.
    Besides all this, Kent and Darlene are two of the most approachable, kind, and cool people I know. They kept in contact with me during my entire wedding-planning process and were so helpful with wedding advice (because, ya know, they have been to a few weddings ;-). I also loved to keep in touch about the small-kine animal rescue operation they have going on at their house (lol) and the adventures of Nana, Pumpkin, Daisy, Miso, and the one-eared Cementy. (Seriously, D&K are angels!)
    On our wedding day, as promised, all we had to do was relax and enjoy. Ohana quietly captured the entire day like a fly on the wall and what came out of it was a beautiful, candid, modern, epic, cinematic video production which you can see here: https://youtu.be/J4FFEtafOm8
    When my husband and I watched the video for the first time we were blown away as it surpassed all of our expectations. We laughed, we cried (ok maybe just I did), and we relived the whole day in 8 minutes and 53 seconds of highlights. The video captured the very heart and soul of our wedding and allowed us to see moments we might have missed or otherwise forgotten. The music is *on point* and it is apparent a lot of time, thought, energy, and attention to detail was given to the film’s production. A value cannot be placed on this video, which we will be able to watch time and again, as well as share with family and friends.
    Mahalo nui loa, Darlene and Kent, for this beautiful gift we will forever treasure.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Lorie · Married on 08/17/2017

Where do I begin. I am a huge fan of Ohana films and highly recommend them to anyone and everyone. I first found Kent and Darlene through their YouTube channel and Vemo account several months before I was engaged. Thanks to them, my now wife and I married at Olowalu plantation house which we fell in love w/ by seeing it on Ohana's page. Ohana and Olowalu were actually the first things we booked when we started wedding planning.
    The highlight films of the weddings they attended were so unique and well crafted, I knew I needed to own a piece of their work. It was not a want but a need. Our e-mail correspondence w/ Kent and Darlene were so personable that I knew that we made the right choice. They responded to all our questions w/ details and we were also able to get more on a friendly level that we shared stories of our family and cats. Meeting Kent and Darlene through FaceTime made it all real and they were just as excited as we were. And meeting them in person was even better. On our wedding day, they arrived fully geared and ready to roll. They really know how to cater to their clients. They are very professional, great personalities, amazing to work with and just wonderful human beings. They went above and beyond my expectations. I could go on and on about them because they made my experience with them one to remember. I literally bragged about them to my family and friends.
    Kent and Darlene, you both are amazing!!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

sarah · Married on 03/11/2017

Darlene and Kent from Ohana Films are incredible to work with. They make everything feel so comfortable and natural and work hand in hand to get the right angles, sometimes two, when there is that perfect shot. They are so flexible and approachable, and made everything so fun! They captured all of the best moments of our day. Thank you to this amazing team for your graciousness and willingness to work together with Driftwood to make our wedding video the most beautiful and special memory of our best day ever!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Sarla · Married on 03/05/2017

We had our daughter's wedding in March 2017 at Four Seasons Maui.

We chose Ohana Films for videography for all the wedding events. Kent and Darlene from Ohana were amazing! They were very professional and easy to work with. All the wedding videos they created, were of very high quality and all the events were well covered.

We are so happy that we selected them to do the videography and highly recommend them. If you are looking for excellent videography and amazing people to work with, we highly recommend Ohana Films.

Thank you, Kent and Darlene, for your outstanding work!
    Mahalo,
    Sarla

Sent on 03/22/2017

rashmi · Married on 03/04/2017

BEST VIDEOGRAPHERS EVER! Kent & Darlene not only create the most impeccable wedding videos, but are the most wonderful couple to work with. Ohana Films was by far the BEST decision I made picking any of my vendors at my wedding. Trust me, coming from someone who is hard to please, I am happy to share that I was BEYOND PLEASED with Ohana Films.

Kent & Darlene went ABOVE AND BEYOND what I had ever imagined and I couldn't be happier with my decision to use their extraordinary, unique, and creative videography skills for my wedding.

They both are the most endearing, humble couple to work with and were extremely attentive to all details - even details I didn't notice they captured! The background music they chose for each ceremony was not randomly chosen, but was chosen because they were so attentive to what songs/genre of music my husband and I had casually mentioned in passing. Our wedding highlight video makes my heart melt every single time I watch it, it's one of the most beautiful video captures of my wedding events.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THE 10 out of 5 STAR VIDEOGRAPHY SERVICE, OHANA FILMS IS IT! I can't wait to use them again for other special occasions!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Britt · Married on 09/17/2016

I got married at the Four Seasons in Wailea in September 2016. Out of all of my amazing vendors, my absolute favorites were Kent & Darlene with Ohana Films. I was one of those brides on the fence about doing a video because of how much they cost. After talking with some friends, I decided it was worth it for the day of. A few months before my wedding I decided to splurge and upgrade to the three day shoot. BEST DECISION I MADE! Now there is a lot of things I paid for in my wedding that weren't really worth it, but the three day video was the best investment I made. If you are like me and doing a destination wedding, you most likely are having more than one day of wedding activities. To have all of those memories captured on film and done in the most tasteful way possible is absolutely priceless. Kent and Darlene have an amazing drone that captures some spectacular shots. They also work with you to make sure the video fits your "vision" and are above and beyond passionate about what they do. The end product was better than I could have ever imagined. If you hire Ohana Films I guarantee you will not regret it!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Mandi · Married on 04/10/2016

We had such an amazing experience with Kent and Darlene ! We were fortunate enough to be able to meet them before our wedding and the minute we met them we knew we made the right decision. Kent and Darlene are down to earth and are so genuine when it comes to their passion to making your film the way you envision it. When they were filming at our wedding no one could even tell they were around. Every moment captured was candid, real, and beautifully put together. The video editing is spectacular!! I can go on an on about how wonderful ohana films is but their films can speak for themselves. Thank you Kent and Darlene for the best gift we could ever ask for -- your raw talent, great service, and dedication to our film. Our best of film was sent to us in a beautiful box and professional cute "ohana films " usbs as well as yummy Mauna Loa macadamia nuts ?? It can't get better than that. We love Kent and Darlene and we hope they enjoyed filming our wedding as much as we loved them filming us on such a special day of our lives. We will never forget them! #chohana #chohanafilms . Thank you Kent and Darlene. Love , Mandi and Daniel

Sent on 10/12/2016

Melissa · Married on 01/09/2016

My now husband and I absolutely loved working with Kent & Darlene of Ohana Films. They are a husband and wife duo like most of the vendors that we hired for our wedding. They captured some of our most special moments so beautifully. We just received our video and we have watched it over and over already because we love it so much. Having a videographer has to be one of the best decisions that we made because it is already so nice to have such a vidid memento of our day, but I can only imagine how much more meaningful it will become in the years to come. Thanks so much Kent & Darlene! Matt & I will be forever grateful!!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Melissa · Married on 02/07/2015

* Note: Same-sex wedding * Wow where to begin. We were referred to Kent and Darlene (Ohana Films) by Anna Kim and our wedding planner Fay Hovey (Aloha Maui Weddings). From our first time meeting, we were immediately drawn to their warm personalities, professional demeanor, and immediate openness and kindness. Pre-ceremony: they were very easy to talk to and discuss the plan for the ceremony/reception. At our first meeting, I brought up the idea of a drone, not only for the filming but also to have *deliver our rings*. Kent looked genuinely concerned (safety first; I appreciated this) but ultimately was very willing to practice and incorporate it into the ceremony. Incidentally, he came up with the fantastic idea of tying them up in such a way that you could see the rings in the shot from the drone itself. Brilliant! In addition, I had a bit of a secret wedding ukulele walking-down-the-aisle surprise for my wife, and they were such great secret-keepers as we set this up. From a professional standpoint, they gave us their quote/packages and were absolutely transparent about them from the get go. Zero issues there. During the ceremony: this is where they in particular shined! On the wedding day, as soon as we arrived for prep before the ceremony, they were there and shooting. Kent came by to secretly mic me for the ukulele flashmob surprise (see photos) and even brought gaffers tape and a strap so I could secure the recording device. Fantastic! Everything went perfectly with the ceremony participation as well: recording was flawless and the drone delivered the rings exactly as planned! I’ll also add that I had no idea how absolutely *critical* video was going to be to our memory of the event. There were little things that I’d forgotten or not seen (what with missing cocktail hour for photo shoots). Also, the drone as an add-on is a MUST. What was perhaps most shocking about their presence on the day of the wedding, is that it felt like we had NO idea they were there.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Mallory & Taylor · Married on 08/25/2014

We found Ohana Films after seeing some of their wedding videos online and we are so we happy we discovered this gem. From our first meeting to the final product, Kent and Darlene were amazing. They are the sweetest people and truly make you feel at ease. It was such a bonus to have a couple doing our videography. They worked so well together and we barely knew they were there. The moments they capture were all authentic; there was nothing staged about it. I can't say enough great things about our video. The production value was out of this world. The video captured all the best moments of our wedding and the music selection was on point. It looked like a Hollywood movie. All in all, you cannot go wrong with Ohana Films. They are in a class of their own. We will treasure our wedding video for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Erin · Married on 05/17/2014

Having a highlight video of one of the biggest days of your life, is the best money you can spend for your wedding. It was very important to me, and the finished product was incredible!
    Kent and Darlene make a great team! Kent took the time to talk to me over the phone before the big day and answer all of my questions, which was very helpful. Throughout the day, they were so professional and stealth, that you forgot you were there. They caught all of the important moments, chose a perfect song for the highlight film, and captured great parts of our vows to include in the film. The quality of the film is excellent! The length is perfect to share with friends and family. I would hire Kent and Darlene for any special event. Our video is by far our favorite keepsake from the wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Amanda · Married on 04/12/2014

I could not speak more highly of Darlene and Kent. From the initial conversation to our final email correspondence, working with them was effortless and always such a pleasure. Their involvement was actually a gift from my mum so I had little time to communicate with Kent and Darlene prior to the big day. We were however able to have a quick conversation a few days before and I couldn't believe how much he 'got me' after just a 10 min phone call.

My wedding was not a traditional wedding (it was really just a massive party) and I was curious to see how the video turned out at the end. I could honestly not have asked for anything better. The video captures the essence of the celebration in every sense and I could not be happier with it.

Darlene and Kent, you two are seriously talented. Thank you for taking so much time to create such a perfect video that really speaks to who Cyrus and I are as people and captures the heart of our wedding in a way I never thought possible.

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!!! :)

Sent on 08/21/2014

Cathleen · Married on 12/07/2013

We hired Kent and Darlene to film our destination wedding in Lahaina, Maui. We are from California. At first we were a little nervous because we weren't sure if we had hired the right company to capture our special day. We could not have asked for a better team of videographers. They were extremely professional and the quality of their work was top notch.
    Kent and Darlene arrived on time and started filming right away. Most of the time you forget they are even there!
    They made sure they captured every moment even if it meant for them to stay past the agreed time.
    The highlight film captured all the special moments. It definitely puts a smile on your face from beginning to end. It is also worth it to purchase the "best of" as they capture all the raw footages throughout the day that you may have missed.
    Kent and Darlene are one of the sweetest people you will ever meet and talk to. They respond to emails right away and are always accessible by phone too. Ohana films is highly recommended. Very professional and the price is extremely reasonable!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Holly · Married on 10/12/2013

We hired Kent & Darlene to create a film of our wedding day as we had a destination wedding with only 15 people in attendance. It was important for us to have our wedding captured as we wanted to play the finished film at our reception back home. Kent & Darlene were fabulous to work with. They brought gentle, calm energy to our wedding. They naturally fit into our day, and by the end of the night, they felt like dear friends to us. When the film was completed we didn't watch it right away, we waited to watch it until we were able to have our reception back home with friends & family, which turned out to be amazing. It was great to be at our wedding again, this time with more loved ones to share it with. When the film stopped playing, there wasn't a dry eye in the house, and most importantly, we all felt like we were at the wedding together.

Before I made the decision to do a film, I did feel a bit nervous as I knew that a few of us who were going to be filmed, didn't necessarily like to see ourselves on film. However, our film when completed, was absolutely, mind blowing-ly gorgeous. Everyone looked wonderful! Kent & Darlene seemed to have captured ALL of our good features as well as the most important parts of our wedding, beautifully telling the story of our special day. We are in love & over the moon with our film.

We are honored to know that we have a one of a kind, beautiful film from Ohana films. We adore Kent & Darlene. They have the best nature about them, and are absolute geniuses at what they do. I highly recommend using this team. The end result will be a film that will be treasured, watched & enjoyed for years to come!

Mahalo Kent & Darlene!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Carrie · Married on 10/04/2013

Kent and Darlene are absolutely amazing people that added so much to our special day! Such lovely personalities to have around you on a day that means so much. They were very helpful in helping me decide what would work best for my own plans, were on time, flexible, fun and have creative ideas. They captured the joy, love and emotion from not just my new husband and I but from our guests as well. Our baby girl was a highlight to share that day with us and they made sure she was focused on as well. The edit process was so smooth - collaborative and patient - they continued to edit until it was just perfect! We look forward to watching it every year on our anniversary. I highly recommend!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/26/2013

Darlene and Kent are absolutely wonderful. They captured the emotion and essence of our wedding day so beautifully. They are responsive and supportive throughout the entire process - from customizing packages, to discussing film footage, to choosing songs for their cinematography masterpiece. Thanks Darlene and Kent, you captured BREG :)

Sent on 01/16/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/26/2013

Kent and Darlene are simply amazing. We hadn't decided until a few months prior to our big day that we were to invest in videographers. We feared the extra costs and hassle but knew deep in our hearts we wanted someone to capture our big day. We were looking for not just videographers that documented our ceremony, but creative cinematographers who captured our wedding day from start to finish and was able to produce a highlight film that captured the essence of who we were in 7 minutes! What a task! From viewing several videographers' portfolios, it was easy to choose Ohana Films. They have a simplistic, organic, bohemian feel to their films that captured the emotion of each couple we watched (yup, I cried from watching many of them!). Planning a destination wedding is complex and it was difficult to coordinate many of our vendors, but Kent was awesome in answering emails and working with us to individualize services and packages to fit our budget and needs. They stayed with us the entire day. We could not wait to watch how our highlight film would turn out - and let's just say, we can't stop watching it and feel like we are reliving the day all over again, again and again. Thank you Kent and Darlene for your wonderful work. And thank you for providing the film for our ceremony and speeches uncut.

Sent on 04/06/2014