30 Lino Pl, Makawao, HI 96768 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 39
  • Real Weddings 1

About Stephan Boeker Films

What does it even mean, "to be a storyteller?"

Stephan is not going to lie: on July 21st 2016, he had had it. He couldn't do it anymore. He couldn’t use that word “storyteller” or read about others self professing themselves to be that, "a storyteller". If he had to sit in front of that edit suite even just one more minute pumping out what had become the standard dime-a-dozen wedding music video, he was just going to cry or worse, throw his MacPro out the window in a hissy fit.

On the one hand, the team had built a successful wedding film company that up until that point made so many couples happy, but on the other, they had become human tripods pressing a red record button as they let the insidious and often-mocked wedding video box dictate how they should do things. They had succumbed to the formulaic assembly of:

• drone shot openers (here’s a challenge for you: preview any given wedding video out there, especially in Hawaii, and 95% or more of them will start with a drone shot, and what's worse, many of them will continue with a second and third drone shot, then formulaically follow those up with some detail shot of flowers or a palm tree or the admittedly beautiful Hawaii environment… go ahead, check it out);
  • haphazardly and randomly assembled speech snippets;
  • music video theme, oftentimes with lyric music underlaying those haphazardly and randomly assembled speech snippets, which of course creates a cacophony of words cross-moginating with other words.

Even though the business had been making the team a living, they couldn't go on doing the same old thing, expecting different results and happier creative lives. Something just had to change.

One day, Stephan received an email in his inbox. It was from a 5-time Emmy-Award-Winning Filmmaker, Patrick, who dared the reader to step-up and learn what it really means to "tell a story."

Stephan replied, days later plunked down $6000 and began a journey that would teach him the science and art of storytelling and would take him to far off places, really telling stories that were so far outside the box of wedding music videos that once again, he could cry. Only this time he would cry tears of joy as he and other hungry filmmakers journeyed to places like:

• Japan
  • Okinawa
  • Fiji
  • The French Riviera
  • The Colorado Rockies
  • Portland, Oregon
  • and the Hawaiian Islands

… telling stories that actually applied scientific principles as well as the nuanced art of storytelling.

Since that fateful meltdown in July, 2016 in his edit suite when he exposed himself as a storytelling fraud, his team and he have been on a quest to blow up the wedding film genre box and change the expectation of what a wedding film can be.

They hope you already see the difference in their work. But what’s even more is that Stephan sincerely wants you to imagine your untold story as the one story that will top every other they have ever told and become the new gold standard that touches the audiences’ hearts and moves their minds. The team wants your story to redefine what a wedding film can be, your desires, hopes, dreams and love to raise the bar for wedding film storytelling.

Thank you so much for embarking on this journey of purpose-driven creative with Stephan and his team and they can't wait to discover your film and tell your epic story.

Follow Stephan Boeker Films on

137 Reviews for Stephan Boeker Films

• Cindy

Cindy Rattray · Married on 10/10/2020

Above & Beyond!!!

We absolutely loved working with Stephan! The only thing my husband asked for in the wedding was a videographer and we couldn't have asked for a better person. Since friends and family could not attend due to covid, the video was so much more important to share the moments with them. We can't thank Stephan enough for all his help in capturing our special day!

Sent on 11/06/2020

Debbie Simpson · Married on 07/10/2020

Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Stephan went above and beyond our expectations with our wedding film. We called him last minute and he was very receptive and accommodating to what we needed. He and his crew were super respectful and extremely professional to us and all of our guests. Our wedding film told our love story so beautifully, we were so touched and will cherish it forever! If you are looking for a film, not a cheesy video, Stephan has such amazing creativity and a wonderful talent of filming and producing a beautiful and romantic story. Thank you Stephan!!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Stephan Boeker Films's reply:

Debbie and David: am I happy you contacted me last minute. I remember, I was at a red light and I saw your email come through. There was no hesitation on this one... I clicked the phone number and there was David on my BluTooth speaker telling me about his wants and needs for a wedding but 6 days away. All roads lead to Simpson: mine definitely did and I couldn't bet happier that we met and got to create something together! Be sure to give me a call so we can enjoy a Titos with a splash of cran + lime. 🤣
  • Joanna

Joanna Surma · Married on 06/20/2020

True Artist

My now fiancé popped the question on a beach during sunset while we were vacationing in Maui. Little did I know, Stephan was in the background capturing our perfect moment. He was so incredibly easy to work with. He was flexible enough to create a longer 5 minute version of our engagement video, which we will be sharing with our guests at our engagement party, as well as a shorter 1 minute version. The images he captured were unreal. We are still obsessing over them. I wish we could ship him out to Chicago for our actual wedding!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Stephan Boeker Films's reply:

It really was such a pleasure working with Miro to bring this to life. And then to meet you and see all that unfold in front of our eyes, well, what a treat!

Just for the record you absolutely positively CAN SHIP US OUT to Chicago for your wedding!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Stephan Boeker Films FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding videography services?
    $ 2500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Multi. Locations
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 6000.00
    Multi. Locations
  • What primary style do you identify with?
    Cinematic
    Short Form
    Storytelling
  • Which wedding events do you service?
    Ceremony
    Pre-Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What videography services do you offer?
    Drone Footage
    Highlight Video
    Raw Footage
  • What final video formats do you offer?
    Blu-Ray
    Digital Download
    DVD
    USB Flash Drive

1 Real Wedding

• MeiLi Autumn Beauty (MAUI, LANAI) Wedding Hair & Makeup

The best Maui has to offer to share your special day with your loved ones that couldn't make the trip to Maui. This is a no-brainer. Have your ceremony recorded live and share it with your world! These guys are super good at what they do and know their stuff. They are unobtrusive and professional and will make sure you feel at ease and are thrilled with the results.

• Anna Kim Photography Wedding Photographers

I've worked with Live Maui Webcast on numerous occasions and they always do such a good job of documenting the wedding. It's been such a treat for couples to share their wedding day with friends and family who could not make it. We recommend them to all of our clients.

• Tad Craig Photography Wedding Photographers

Live Maui Webcast got it going on. I've shot SO MANY weddings, with these guys recording in live & sending it out across the world to family & friends that just couldn't be here for the BIG event. How cool is that? Gotta love technology & "Live Maui Webcasts & DVD!"

• 30 Lino Pl Makawao, HI, 96768 See on map
    Location of (Stephan Boeker Films)
  • 30 Lino Pl Makawao, HI, 96768 See on map
    Location of (Stephan Boeker Films)