Buffalo, NY 14209 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Nickel City Studios

Hi! We're Rich and Alyssa Mattingly, wedding photographers :). Um, well, I guess we could talk about how much we love weddings and taking photographs, etcetera...but we think that comes across in our work pretty well. Please take a look at our website and if you like what you see, give us a call!

34 Reviews for Nickel City Studios

Nickel City Studios 5
Nickel City Studios 6
Nickel City Studios 7

Brianna · Married on 09/29/2018

Alyssa & Rich are a power duo. They captured the most beautiful moments from my wedding and I cannot thank them enough. My mom, sister, and I were in tears after looking at the photos. We'll cherish these photos for a lifetime. Thank you! <3

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Nickel City Studios 12
    Nickel City Studios 13
    Nickel City Studios 14

allison · Married on 06/23/2018

Alyssa and Rich are the greatest people/wedding photographers ever. The could not have been more professional/on time/responsive. We used them for our engagement photos too and they were not super posed, but more natural and artistic. Almost every picture was amazing. They totally rolled with the punches on our wedding day and went along with everything we asked of them and wanted. We could not be happier with them.

Sent on 06/27/2018
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/31/2016

I borrowed this from my husband's review of Nickel City on Yelp... but I think he summarizes PERFECTLY. I booked Rich & Alyssa before I confirmed the venue - knowing that I'd always wanted to work with them... but my husband needed a tad bit of convincing at first - you'll see why.

I was a little skeptical at first because I didn't know anything about wedding photography, how much things cost, how it all works, etc. Things I learned:

1: Nickel City is more than reasonable compared to other photographers.

2: Nickel City was WORTH EVERY SINGLE F$*@#& PENNY. Rich and Alyssa are incredible. Seriously rock stars. Things I learned about Nickel City during the wedding:

A- They're there, but they're not. You don't feel like they are intruding on your space, but when you get the pictures back you're like "Wow, how did they get this shot? I didn't even see them!".

B- Their pictures are incredible. Seriously some National Geographic Picture of the Year type work. They don't do a lot of "staged" photos, most of them are just caught in the moment.

Wrap up: I would recommend Nickel City Studios to anybody looking for amazing wedding photography. They are a husband and wife team who work incredibly well together....think Stockton and Malone. Alyssa with the no-look pass...and Rich with the Thunder Jam!

Thank you Rich and Alyssa for capturing our special day.

Sent on 08/17/2016

• 17 Video Production
    17 Video Production Wedding Videographers

We have been luck enough to work with Nickel City Studios a number of times. If your looking for creativity and true professionalism, look no further they have "IT".