Winchester, VA 22601 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Museum of the Shenandoah Valley

Your special day will be just that when set amid the lush landscape, historic charm, and inspiring art of the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley. Whether your dream wedding is a grand gala or an intimate gathering, the MSV is the venue for you!

The Museum offers unique indoor and outdoor settings which will create lasting memories and impress your guests. You may truly customize your wedding day at the MSV: choose the garden room you love the most and select the caterer that best suits your taste and budget. In addition, the MSV has a private bridal suite where the bride or groom may get ready, as well as other private spaces for the wedding party to prepare for the ceremony.

When set against the backdrop of the MSV's gorgeous seven-acre Glen Burnie Gardens, your wedding photos are bound to be extraordinary.

6421608b 0bdb 4ea7 9117 bb20d7960a3e 51 11075 1568302735
Fountain
6421608b 0bdb 4ea7 9117 bb20d7960a3e 51 11075 1568302735

12 Reviews for Museum of the Shenandoah Valley

Laura · Married on 05/17/2015

I was not a little girl who dreamed of her wedding---but the one thing I've always known is that I wanted my ceremony in these gardens.

Luckily (even though it was calling for it all week), it didn't rain so we were able to have the wedding outside and everything was beautiful. The event coordinator, Catherine, was SO much help and answered every annoying question I had.

Everything was wonderful and I'm so very happy we had our wedding there.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/02/2010

What a truly wonderful venue the “MSV” is! I feel like it is a secret that few D.C.ers find. If you haven’t visited the space yet, just you wait... when I first toured it in January under feet of snow, even then, I kept saying, “I wish I was going to be a guest at this wedding!” It is absolutely stunning. You will have the greatest pictures ever and all of your guests will be in awe of the setting, which can be whatever you want: natural, romantic, whimsical, ethereal, formal, etc. After reading about the venue, lots of our guests wanted to go early -- in fact, many guests went BACK on Sunday because they loved it so much.

The price I paid included use of the entire grounds (!) from 4pm onward on Saturday and a rehearsal at 4pm on the Friday before hand. That price did not include a tent or chairs but does of course include use of the big hall (where we did our dancing at the end of the night)as a backup plan in case it rains. And the price included a beautiful space (a house actually) for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in. It also includes a house for the groomsmen to get ready in as well. All air conditioned; and where we got ready had a stunning staircase with a huge mirror, which again, means we got some out of this world pictures. Importantly, for guests, there was a bathroom and lovely rooms down near the gardens too for before the ceremony and during the cocktail hour.

Everyone there is extremely friendly but Catherine Bogaty, the event coordinator, is above and beyond. And let me tell you, the event coordinator at your venue is a KEY point person you’re going to be in contact with a lot, so it’s critical to trust the venue and their personnel. Catherine was there to assist us throughout the entire process, plus she walked us through the rehearsal, and she and her assistant were there that day with us to help run things. (All as part of the price – so go ahead and forget about getting a ‘day of planner.’) She is extraordinarily kind, patient, helpful, and a quick responder!

I simply cannot say enough good things about the Museum and Catherine. You can see pictures on my friend Chad Michael Peter’s blog who did the flowers and print materials: http://chadmichaelpeters.squarespace.com/style-blog/2010/10/4/musuem-of-the-shenendoah-valley-weddings-melissa-and-jeremy.html
    You can also see pictures on our photographer’s facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.442775823130.235932.96749213130 (We used Artful Weddings – also absolutely fabulous!)
    Hope that helps. Happy hunting for venues.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Museum of the Shenandoah Valley FAQ

• Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Reception

• Winchester, VA, 22601 See on map