PO Box 1794, Kealakekua, HI 96750 Map · Phone number

About Mon Ami Catering

We are dedicated to creating amazing food and supporting the local farmers and community!

A lot of people ask me how I started cooking... I was the grandchild who asked to do the dishes so I could be close to my Grandmother. I was able to witness her magic in the kitchen.

I loved learning how to make magnificent and loving meals by watching her create. My Grandmother taught me flexibility and creativity in the kitchen comes from within. She also showed me that an amazing healthy meal can be brought to the table in a moment's notice.

I’ve been cooking 15 years for a myriad of different groups and situations in Kona, Hawaii, and the surrounding Hawaiian Islands. Weddings, retreats or parties, I love the creative process that goes into making each event special and unique! Most of all I love introducing people to healthy organic food and the satisfaction of proving that healthy food can be extraordinarily satiating and nourishing.

Supporting local and organic, means supporting our planet, our communities and our future!

You can contact Mona at 808-345-4764. We look forward to serving you!

Follow Mon Ami Catering on

110612991007175812628568236664974101396660o
1139153610071761259618701058305203392872954n

27 Reviews for Mon Ami Catering

Michelle (Pammer) Clark · Married on 09/23/2018

AMAZING food and experience!

I must start this review by saying BEST FOOD EVER!
    My husband and I got married in my hometown, Kona, in September. We reached out to Mona earlier this year based on friend recommendations to see if she was available for our wedding. She responded to us quickly, and was so helpful getting us an idea of pricing. She even gave suggestions on replacements to help us reach our goal per plate cost. Additionally, my husbands mother and sister have celiac, so gluten free items were also a must.
    We made a few adjustments over the next few months, and she was helpful during that entire process. Leading up to our wedding, my parents hired her to cater a couple of smaller events, and they had nothing but rave reviews, which helped me feel even more comfortable.
    When it came to the wedding, we had a cocktail hour with a fruit platter, cheese and crackers, and ahi tartar on won ton crackers. Every single item on there was not only beautifully displayed, but delicious. I've lived in Hawaii my whole life and those Ahi won tons were to die for. My husband and I even had our own beautiful little platter set aside for us to enjoy during photos.
    For dinner, we did buffet style and chose huihui chicken, kalua pork, and short ribs, with sweet potatoes, green beans, and salad. All of the food was amazing, but that kalua pork, like the ahi, was the best kalua pork I've ever had. I wish I had ordered even more, it was so good we could have eaten leftovers for days.
    For our family with celiac, Mona actually provided an entire tray of gluten free crackers for the cheese, set aside some ahi without the wonton crackers (while using gluten-free soy sauce for the seasoning), and made sure the label all the gluten free selections. Plus, when coordinating the dinner menu with Mona, the entire menu ended up be naturally gluten free; it made everything so special for my future in-laws.
    Almost two months later and my husband and I, as well as our guests, are still commenting on how amazing the food was. To top it all off, Mona is the sweetest person. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to her at the wedding, but she has a personality that's as beautiful as her creations.
    This review is long, and I sadly don't have any of my professional photos, just a few informal ones from the cocktail hour, but trust me, you wont regret working with Mona and her team!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Dear Michelle,
    Mahalo Nui Loa! This review...just like you...is beautiful! It was such an honor to serve you and your family. Wishing you a life time of bliss!
    Mona and Team Mon Ami

Shalane · Married on 06/12/2018

We were completely over the moon with Mona and her team’s service at our Big Island, Hawaiian wedding during June of 2018. Mona was very accommodating during the entire process allowing us to choose between plated, buffet and family style dinning for our wedding with no discernable cost difference between the services. It is clear to see that Mona exudes a passion for entertainment and she is a true master at her craft. Mona even recommended and organized a bar tender for our self provided bar. Jennifer’s cocktails were delightful and her smile throughout the night was completely infectious.

The plates of food were not only delicious but also visually exciting with a storm of colors provided by the Hawaiian purple sweet potatos, sesame green beans, the freshest, flakey Island caught fish and Hawai’i’s greatest Kahuala Pork (we made a point of eating lots of Kahuala Pork and Mona’s was the best). Mona served beautiful roaming pupus during our cocktail hour consisting of fresh summer rolls and large island prawns/shrimp served with a beautiful, well-balanced macadamia dipping sauce. Her service was right on queue. We elected the buffet style service so our guests could be more selective with their food options and Mona graciously pre-made our plates along with our photographers to ensure that we were able to take full advantage of the golden hour lighting. We received compliments for days after the event concerning the food quality and choice of vendors. I could not recommend Mona’s service enough. She easily made our event a night to remember.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Shalane,
    Mahal Nui Loa. This review is as beautiful as you! I hope this finds you still basking in wedding bliss!
    Aloha,
    Mona

Giavanna · Married on 02/16/2017

We had an AMAZING experience with Mona's catering service on our wedding day. If you are looking for a cater with fresh food, great service, and incredible attention to detail, she is the one! Everyone at the reception said it was the one of the best meals they have ever had (and this was after a week of being on the Big Island, experiencing amazing food). To top it off, her staff was a delight to be around. We all know that event staff can sometimes be dry, too much to handle, or even crabby. Her staff was the complete opposite; they were so much fun and made the whole night. Everyone adored them. The staff were especially attentive to my husband and I. They even saved us some of the appetizers as we were so busy with pictures and greeting guests that we didn't get a chance to try any.

One of the best things about Mona was she went the extra yard when we needed it the most. Being from MN and having a wedding in Hawaii (at a blank slate venue) got to be a little overwhelming/difficult at times, especially trying to understand all the small details that need to be figured out. Mona walked us threw everything prior to us leaving MN and let us know if we needed once we got there to just let her know. She even advised us on the weather :). We also ran into some last minute issues with the venue not being able to have her cook onsite which completely threw us off guard. Mona flew right in to save the day and worked directly with the venue to figure it out. In the end, everything worked out, better than we ever expected.

We are BEYOND HAPPY we picked Mona to be our cater. Thank you, Mona, you were honestly the best!! You and your team deserve a 1000 stars! :)

Sent on 06/03/2017

Aloha Gia!
    Mahalo Nui Loa for the beautiful review! You all were such a joy to serve! We wish you both a lifetime of bliss!
    All the Best,
    Mona

Mon Ami Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 139.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 73.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 167.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 63.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Cocktail Reception, Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 35.00
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, BBQ, Greek, Indian, Japanese, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Sandwiches, Seafood, Thai
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware

• Vintage and Lace
    Vintage and Lace Wedding Planners

Mona and her team are outstanding -professional, friendly and always deliver excellent food and service. I am delighted to have Mon Ami on our preferred vendors list and highly recommend this catering service for your wedding or event.

• Hawaii Island Events
    Hawaii Island Events Wedding Rentals

Mona is so much more than a caterer. Her kind and gentle manner make guests feel at ease during the planning stages and the day of their event. Her food is fresh and amazing. The presentation is thoughtful and well done.

• PO Box 1794 Kealakekua, 96750 See on map