Mon Ami Catering

Kealakekua, HI View map

We are dedicated to creating amazing food and supporting the local farmers and community!

A lot of people ask me how I started cooking... I was the grandchild who asked to do the dishes so I could be close to my Grandmother. I was able to witness her magic in the kitchen.

I loved learning how to make magnificent and loving meals by watching her create. My Grandmother taught me flexibility and creativity in the kitchen comes from within. She also showed me that an amazing healthy meal can be brought to the table in a moment's notice.

I’ve been cooking 15 years for a myriad of different groups and situations in Kona, Hawaii, and the surrounding Hawaiian Islands. Weddings, retreats or parties, I love the creative process that goes into making each event special and unique! Most of all I love introducing people to healthy organic food and the satisfaction of proving that healthy food can be extraordinarily satiating and nourishing.

Supporting local and organic, means supporting our planet, our communities and our future!

You can contact Mona at 808-345-4764. We look forward to serving you!

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$139

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$73

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$167

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$63

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up
Cake Cutting
Dessert
Cocktail Reception
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$35

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Family Style
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

American
Mexican
Sandwiches
Seafood
Thai

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Kosher
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
House Beer
Specialty Beer
House Wine
Champagne Toast
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink

Which of the following items can you provide?

Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware

• Aimee
    Aimee D. Married on 01/05/2020

The Best Caterer on the Island

Mona and her team were fantastic! She was flexible, accommodating, and was focused on every detail. And of course, the food was absolutely delicious! Mona even ensured my husband and I were served and able to try everything she prepared for our guests. We highly recommend Mona and would use her again for future visits to the Big Island!

Mon Ami Catering's reply:

Mahalo Aimee! It was a pleasure to meet and serve ya'll:)

All the best to you and yours!

Aloha Nui, Mona and Team Mon Ami
    Ben K. Married on 06/07/2019

Incredible Catering

We had the pleasure of having Mona cater our wedding in Kailua-Kona. Mona was amazing to work throughout the whole process from the first phone call to the day of the wedding. She thoughtfully helped us refine our menu and worked well within our budget for catering around 40 people. Folks at our wedding consisted of primarily diehard foodies, but along with a few picky and less adventurous eaters. Striking a balance between those guests were very easy with Mona’s options for food and her eye for detail.

The wedding consisted of a cocktail hour followed by a buffet-style dinner. For cocktail hour, we opted for the tiger prawns with mango chili lime sauce, fresh island fruit platter, gourmet cheese and crackers platter, and assorted poke with wonton chips. The fruit and cheese platters were super colorful and the prawns and poke were freshly prepared. For dinner, we had fresh island fish with tropical island salsa, mashed purple sweet potatoes, macadamia nut ginger green beans, and island sweet bread and butter. For dessert, we had a collection of mini lilikoi-key lime pie, haupia pie, chocolate-coconut pie, and macadamia nut rum cake. Everything was ridiculously good! We've had the opportunity to eat at a lot of good local restaurants through previous visits to the island, but Mona’s food was still the best we’ve had in all our visits. Everyone went back for seconds and third servings cause the food was so good. It’s been about a month since all our family and friends have had Mona’s food and they’re still talking about how awesome it was! It is hilariously problematic as most of our standards for food had been significantly raised with Mona’s food.

Mona’s crew was great to work with. They were able to prepare most of the food fresh on-site and they left the kitchen they used in a cleaner condition than when they started. An extra crew member even stayed a bit longer to help clean up towards the end of the wedding night. Mona also took the time to personally make plates of food for us (the bride and groom) to make sure we had gotten enough food. We wished we could chat with her more, but we were super busy with all the wedding events! Mona is a very heart-warming person who expresses her creativity through her passion for food. Don’t hesitate to reach out to her if you’re thinking about having her cater your event! You won’t regret it!

Mon Ami Catering's reply:

Mahalo Ben! It was a pleasure to serve you all!
    Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!
    Mona & the Mon Ami Team
    Michelle (. Married on 09/23/2018

AMAZING food and experience!

I must start this review by saying BEST FOOD EVER!
    My husband and I got married in my hometown, Kona, in September. We reached out to Mona earlier this year based on friend recommendations to see if she was available for our wedding. She responded to us quickly, and was so helpful getting us an idea of pricing. She even gave suggestions on replacements to help us reach our goal per plate cost. Additionally, my husbands mother and sister have celiac, so gluten free items were also a must.
    We made a few adjustments over the next few months, and she was helpful during that entire process. Leading up to our wedding, my parents hired her to cater a couple of smaller events, and they had nothing but rave reviews, which helped me feel even more comfortable.
    When it came to the wedding, we had a cocktail hour with a fruit platter, cheese and crackers, and ahi tartar on won ton crackers. Every single item on there was not only beautifully displayed, but delicious. I've lived in Hawaii my whole life and those Ahi won tons were to die for. My husband and I even had our own beautiful little platter set aside for us to enjoy during photos.
    For dinner, we did buffet style and chose huihui chicken, kalua pork, and short ribs, with sweet potatoes, green beans, and salad. All of the food was amazing, but that kalua pork, like the ahi, was the best kalua pork I've ever had. I wish I had ordered even more, it was so good we could have eaten leftovers for days.
    For our family with celiac, Mona actually provided an entire tray of gluten free crackers for the cheese, set aside some ahi without the wonton crackers (while using gluten-free soy sauce for the seasoning), and made sure the label all the gluten free selections. Plus, when coordinating the dinner menu with Mona, the entire menu ended up be naturally gluten free; it made everything so special for my future in-laws.
    Almost two months later and my husband and I, as well as our guests, are still commenting on how amazing the food was. To top it all off, Mona is the sweetest person. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to her at the wedding, but she has a personality that's as beautiful as her creations.
    This review is long, and I sadly don't have any of my professional photos, just a few informal ones from the cocktail hour, but trust me, you wont regret working with Mona and her team!

Dear Michelle,
    Mahalo Nui Loa! This review...just like you...is beautiful! It was such an honor to serve you and your family. Wishing you a life time of bliss!
    Mona and Team Mon Ami

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Vintage and Lace Vintage and Lace Wedding Planners

Mona and her team are outstanding -professional, friendly and always deliver excellent food and service. I am delighted to have Mon Ami on our preferred vendors list and highly recommend this catering service for your wedding or event.

Hawaii Island Events Hawaii Island Events Wedding Rentals

Mona is so much more than a caterer. Her kind and gentle manner make guests feel at ease during the planning stages and the day of their event. Her food is fresh and amazing. The presentation is thoughtful and well done.

PO Box 1794 Kealakekua, 96750
Location of (Mon Ami Catering)

Mon Ami Catering frequently asked questions

At Mon Ami Catering, what does the full wedding catering service cost include?

At Mon Ami Catering, the cost of the full wedding catering service includes:
  • Delivery
  • Set Up
  • Clean Up
  • Cake Cutting
  • Dessert
  • Cocktail Reception
  • Server(s)

At Mon Ami Catering, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Mon Ami Catering includes:
  • Bartender(s)

What event services does Mon Ami Catering offer for weddings?

Mon Ami Catering offers the following event services for weddings:
  • Delivery
  • Set Up
  • Clean Up

What catering services does Mon Ami Catering provide for weddings?

Mon Ami Catering offers the following catering services for weddings:
  • Buffet
  • Cocktail Reception
  • Family Style
  • Hors d'oeuvres
  • Plated
  • Tastings

What types of cuisine can you find at Mon Ami Catering?

At Mon Ami Catering, you can find the following types of cuisine:
  • Mexican
  • Sandwiches
  • Seafood
  • Thai

What dietary needs can be accomodated at Mon Ami Catering?

At Mon Ami Catering, the following dietary needs can be accomodated:
  • Nut Free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

What type of bar services does Mon Ami Catering provide for wedding events?

Mon Ami Catering provides the following bar and beverage services for wedding events:
  • Bartender(s)
  • House Beer
  • Specialty Beer
  • House Wine
  • Champagne Toast
  • Premium Liquor
  • Signature Drink

What type of food and beverage items does Mon Ami Catering provide for wedding services?

To cater to all tastes, Mon Ami Catering offers the following food and beverage items:
  • Barware

What percentage of users recommend Mon Ami Catering and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Mon Ami Catering is recommended by 93% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5 in quality of service, 5 in value, 4.9 in flexibility, 4.8 in average response time and 4.8 in professionalism.

Other vendors in Honolulu for your wedding