Modern Wedding Photography

Voted one of the top studios in The Knot's Best Of Weddings, Lynbrook, NY 11563 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 28
  • Real Weddings 1

About Modern Wedding Photography

Congratulations! Thank you for wanting to learn more about Modern Wedding Photography. I’m Denise Chastain a passionate, enthusiastic New York photographer who wants to capture your wedding day with a fun, authentic, candid approach. I’m in the business of you enjoying your wedding day, putting you at ease and helping you forget the camera is there. Hire the photographer whose work and personality you love. My best clients are the ones who trust me as a person and an artist. Try to let go of any preconceived notions of what wedding photographs should look like. I hope you want to be surprised and delighted when you see the images from your wedding day. Your photographs should be an honest interpretation of this significant event.

As our slogan states, “You’ll be too busy having fun to know we were even there”.

Denise Chastain an award winning member of the Wedding Photojournalist Association.

For more info please visit http://www.ModernWeddingPhotography.TV Call 516-823-7315 or 212-332-9695

Follow Modern Wedding Photography on

30 Reviews for Modern Wedding Photography

• Jennifer

Jennifer Manno · Married on 06/12/2020

Above and beyond!

There aren't enough words to describe how grateful I am to have found Denise to be the photographer for our wedding. Unfortunately, COVID19 had other plans for our spectacular rooftop beach wedding planned for June 12, 2020 and we were forced to cancel. Because postponing the date was not an option for us as that is a significant date for us, we winged it with a 10 person socially distant church ceremony that we didn't know we were even allowed to have until appx 1 week prior. At that time, I called Denise to let her know this was happening since it was all last minute, had no expectation that she would be available or even willing since I had told her it was cancelled back in March. She not only was available, but offered to come to my home with mask as long as we were comfortable, the church and the beach after for post-wedding photos. Denise went ABOVE AND BEYOND and far exceeded our expectations. She was awesome the entire time and captured very sweet photos of our COVID19 quarantine style "minimony" that we will forever cherish. It turned out to be the best day of our lives and we are so grateful for Denise not only being compassionate throughout the cancellation process, but came through at the last minute to provide her services even if the wedding wasn't how we originally anticipated. My family and I could not be any happier. Also, my husband is very happy with the boudoir shoot photo album I presented him with as a gift on our wedding day. It's awkward to consider having a stranger take intimate photos of you, but it was extremely tasteful and something I recommend every woman should do at some point in her life! There's nothing better than embracing your femininity and capturing it, it's actually quite empowering. I'm so glad I did because my boudoir shoot was taken on 3/2/2020 a week before life as we new it forever changed. Unbeknownst to me, I was about to get my hair and makeup done for the last time before all of those services were shut down indefinitely. Thank you, Denise, for making our wedding day so special. For anyone searching for a wedding photographer, Denise is a class act. She is professional, compassionate and does amazing work. The pictures came out fantastic! She was flexible and cool, rolls with the punches, always pleasant and is true to her "Modern Wedding Photography" name as it does not get anymore modern than a quarantine-style/post coronavirus wedding where it's a free for all in terms of creativity and most likely the way of the future for weddings in general. I'm so glad we were able to pioneer these uncharted waters together! THANK YOU, DENISE!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2020
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful photos, Wonderful team

Denise and her team did an absolutely unbelievable job photographing our wedding. She and her PA were efficient, fun, and took the time and care to make every photo perfect. She turned our photos around very quickly (3-4 weeks!), and captured the essence of the day in a way that I didn't think possible. I promise- book with Modern Wedding Photography. You won't regret it, and will cherish the beautiful photos that come to you in no-time! (You will also really want to get a beer with your awesome photographer)

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • daisy

daisy · Married on 06/21/2019

Exceeded every and any expectation!

There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful Denise was from start to finish. Denise walked us through the planning process step by step and made sure we were comfortable and confident. Leading up to our wedding day, Denise made sure to check in to finalize details so that on the day everything would run seamlessly. Denise didn't waste any time the day of the wedding. When she arrived she got right to work setting up, capturing detail photos, and the getting ready photos without any assistance. She had all the portrait locations planned so the bridal party knew where to be and we could be the most efficient with our time. Denise captured every single detail, moment, and emotion, tear, and dance on our wedding day. During the reception she was right in the mix all of the dancing and celebrating without most of our guests even knowing she was there! We could not be more pleased with our photos. We look back on these beautiful photos constantly and are so thankful we found her. These photos will last us a lifetime and we would have not had the most incredible experience if it weren't for Denise. Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Modern Wedding Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3495.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Negatives
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4995
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Slideshow
    Toning
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Proofs
    Save the Date

Real Weddings

• LUXE & CO. Wedding Hair & Makeup

I met Denise at a recent Bridal Showcase at The Woodlands in Woodbury, NY. I loved how she chose to display some of her work on large banners. You were really able to see all the details of her incredible work. As soon as I met Denise, I felt an immediate attraction to not only her work but her as an individual. As you can see when you look at her website, her work is incredible. Beautiful! Such an artistic eye. I truly believe that you will be so thrilled with her work. Jennifer Owner of J.R.S. Makeup Artistry

• My Cinderella's Dream Wedding Hair & Makeup

Denise Chastain of Modern Wedding Photography was awesome!! I highly recommend her to all!! She photographed our Bride Laura who we are now please to say is our Wedding Wire Profile Picture!! Thank you Denise for such great Photographs of Laura and Chris. You captured everything about this couple, their loving moments as well as their secretive glances!! It was a real pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you again soon.

• Voted one of the top studios in The Knot's Best Of Weddings Lynbrook, 11563 See on map
    2123329695 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Modern Wedding Photography)