4433 Date Ave., La Mesa, CA 91941 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 126
  • Pricing

About Megan Joy Events

Megan Joy Events is a wedding planning company based in El Cajon, California, also serving the surrounding San Diego, La Jolla, Coronado, and Carlsbad areas. Megan is a professional planner who strives to provide a joyful and stress-free wedding planning experience for each couple she works with. With a variety of excellent planning and design services, Megan Joy Events can be there to make sure nothing goes overlooked for your very special occasion.

Megan Joy Events offers several planning packages, with full planning, partial planning, and day-of coordination options. Megan can assist with everything from the rehearsal dinner to the ceremony and reception. Some of the specific services this planning company offers are:

• Budget analysis

Megan Joy Events 6
Megan Joy Events 7
  • Kenna

Kenna Hasson · Married on 07/13/2019

Megan Joy Events helped me coordinate a wedding from many miles away!

Our venue came with coordinators but we decided to hire Megan Joy Events (per the recommendation of a friend). And thank goodness we did!!! Our venue’s coordination team did not compare to Megan. We mostly hired Megan to help us with our planning prior to the wedding since we were planning it from the Bay Area (and our wedding was in San Diego).

We started working together about 10 months before the wedding and she attended all of our coordination meetings - bringing up things I never would’ve thought of on my own and helped to try to get us the best prices. She helped brainstorm things for our vision of the wedding, and offered tons of advice along the way.

Once things started coming together she was a HUGE help in coordinating all my vendors, setting up a detailed timeline (this was seriously key) and following up on any and all unanswered questions. She managed all of our vendor contact - which was sooo helpful. Everyone knew to go to her before coming to me so I had a filter before any questions came to my inbox. When our timeline was nailed down, she did a great job of communicating it with everyone and making sure that everyone was well informed. We didn’t have to worry about anything!

On the actual day of, we had Montana as our onsite coordinator. She was also amazing!! She made sure everything went to plan and there were no snags in our timeline. I had little gifts for the bridesmaids that I wanted set up before we arrived on site, and she made this happen. We actually ran out of alcohol (twice!) and she was a hero and ran to the store to the grab us what we needed. I cannot thank her enough for doing this! I didn’t have to worry about any of this during the day - she just confirmed once with us and the bar was restocked before we knew it.

Not only was Megan amazing as a coordinator but she’s an awesome human as well. She made sure that I was happy with everything and was SO readily available whenever I needed to chat - whether it be about a vendor, or any other detail that came up. I’m so happy that I had Megan Joy Events for our wedding day and would absolutely choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Megan Joy Events 8
    Megan Joy Events 9
    Megan Joy Events 10
    Megan Joy Events 11

Pam Heckman · Married on 06/29/2019

Megan Joy Events Creates the Perfect Wedding Experience!

If you are getting married, or planning a wedding for someone you love, please, please call Megan, at Megan Joy Events! Last weekend she made my daughter's dream wedding a reality. This was our first wedding and we really had no idea what we were doing. We fell in love with Megan from the first phone interview. It was obvious that this was more than a business to Megan, she truly takes a personal interest in making this day perfect for her bride and groom. Megan's attention to detail is unmatched, her eye for décor is exceptional, her relationship with other quality vendors is such an added bonus, and most of all, she cares. With Megan and her assistant, Montana, there was not a single thing during the whole wedding weekend, that was not absolutely perfect. She really is incredible. We had so many family and guests comment that this was truly the best wedding that they had ever been to. Being somewhat of a control freak myself, I have never felt so comfortable leaving everything in someone else's hands. With Megan in control, I was able to enjoy the weekend and never once had to worry about a thing. She communicated with all of our vendors, the church and our venue, and had everything perfectly scheduled and executed down to the minute. Ten stars would not do Megan justice, she really is that good. I would recommend Megan, without a single hesitation, to anyone who is planning a wedding. I know Britt and Ryan's wedding weekend would not have been the success that it was without Megan and Montana. We are looking forward to working with Megan again for our younger daughter. She created an absolutely flawless event and I cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Megan Joy Events's reply:

Pam!! To say you are an angel is an understatement. What a joy getting to work with you and your family!!!

Award